Alec Baldwin

Gives His "View"

4/27/2007 11:38 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0425_baldwin_tmz-1Alec Baldwin was welcomed with applause to a sitdown in a taped segment that aired on "The View" today, with Baldwin giving a heartfelt and somber tale of parental alienation that drove him to the boiling point.

Baldwin said that his "deep and endless frustration" in being unable to communicate with his daughter, Ireland, led him to misdirect his anger to the child, because he "can't address the other person in this dynamic," but stopped short of mentioning Kim Basinger.

The "30 Rock" star went on to address the topic of parental alienation and his frustration with a litigious and complicated custody battle. Baldwin said he was sorry for all those who were offended ... also mentioning how many people he'd heard from who had either been abused by a parent, or frustrated with an ex-wife, and those who were alienated from their children.

Chuck

I've seen so much Kim bashing, and honestly haven't followed this divorce story prior to Baldwin's rant, but don't understand why so many comments are against Kim when she's been completely silent on this issue except for a press release denying she released the tape. Alec's been all over the TV with his side of the story trying to protect his image. Who decided it was fact that Kim is a lousy mother than cares nothing about using her child against her ex? How must Kim or the daughter feel when Alec, who is well known to be abusive when angry (remember last year when an acrtess quit out of fear for her safety?) is on TV every day pretending he's a great dad and sorry. He should be appologizing to the daughter, not going on the View and blaming his divorce on his anger! Maybe that's why he's a jerk, but whatever the reason, if he's the jerk why am I seeing so many comments blasting the mom, who's been mostly silent on this? Just don't get it...

Alec's Done

IF ALEC WERE ACROSS THE STREET I WOULD NOT WALK ACROSS.

Deana

I feel for Alec Baldwin. I am a working Mother and I am going through the same fustrations that Alec is. My ex is now remarried and his new wife won't let me have any communication except through his cell phone which is always off. He listens when he wants. Unfortunately my child suffers because the new wife brain washes his head. I do get angry because of communication and we do say things that we don't mean. I am sure Alec has given a lot of love and too bad the media dosen't print all the good that he does. Whom ever exposed this telephone call is a miserable person. My daughter was so hurt on the day of her communion because the new wife wouldn't let her father sit next to me and her during the ceremony. All parents were with their children and he was 10 rows back. Jealousy. I can't wait for your book to come out. He will get this book from me as a gift. Great Public Appearance on the View. I sat and cried because my heart goes out to you. DC

8isenuf

Ok, it was wrong for him to direct his anger at his daughter but any parent that says they never spoke to thier child inappropriately is probably raising spoiled brat or they are in la-la land.Children can make you loose your mind.If Ms. Bassinger would release a private conversation to the world she proves to be vindictive so I am sure she made his life hell.Its their dirty laundry that should have never been made public and for the world and the media to continue to agonize over it is crazy.Worry about your own family

me

Stan...

You're a little dramatic don't you think? Suicidal...come on.

Anne

Unbelievable.. watched the view.. Had a strong opinion about this "fool" before it aired.. All the interview did was justify what I felt even stronger. The first step in recovery is admitting y ou have a problem.. go for anger mgmt.. try and get a grip and realize you are not and should not be 100% in control of everything. You make me sick, this is not the rest of the worlds fault, its not the media's fault, its not everyone who has ever in life been abused fault (how crazy was that theory), its YOUR fault. Bottom line, you said what you said and you said it to your daughter. And it was so much more than you are a pig.. it was the rant of an enraged individual. You make me sick.. great timing to promote your book too. I have zero sympathy for you.. NONE.. And clearly one could see how unhappy Barbara was in that interview. Rosie loves you... I won't even say what came to mind on that one. Her who always supports the rights of children, really dropped the ball on this one too.

Meowch

And the Oscar goes to-

Stepmom

I totally sympathize with Alec-no one can nor should they comment unless they have lived this. The mother is the gate-keeper, the child lives with the mother so therefore the child must abide by the mother's wishes. When the mother refuses to talk to the father, who is the father to talk to other than the child? In order to have anything done to change the situation the father must file a motion in court and wait. This costs time and money, and most likely nothing changes, you can wallpaper your bathroom with the court orders. In the meantime the alienation continues. On the other hand the father still has to pay child support and if he misses a payment, look out. This goes on all the time and the system fails the noncustodial parent time and time again. Good for Alec for having the platform to speak out and I can't wait for his book to come out.

Ms. X

Mary, you are soooo misinformed.

I am a NCP and I have been dealing with PAS for 5 years now. I have a rich ex-husband with lots of hate and plenty of lawyers. He did everything he could to keep me away from my babies, and ya know what? It worked. Now my girls don't want to deal with the drama so they just pretend I don't exist.

PAS is REAL and it affects all NCP! Men AND women!

And you know who loses? The children!

Keeping it Real

It seems as if though you people are in denial as if you or even your own parent havent made mistakes. Good parents make mistakes, correct them, and move on. You people talking as if both parents arent important are more than like perpetraders who encourage the breakdown between parent and child relationships. So what he had a bad day, you have too. All of a sudden Alec isn't human, haters that all haters. He said he's sorry and Im looking forward to him having a more loving stable relationship with his daughter with the absence of poison. Sad part is first the poison was just coming from her mother now its poison coming from mom, the media, and you other fellow haters who havent moved on with your lives. He can finish anger management in a month because you sickos can really get people angry with your malious ways but psychological hepl for using your child as a pawn will take a while so get over it and get help. Leave Alec alone.

katie

I AGREE THAT HIM SAYING HIS MOTHER WAS TALKING NONSENSE DIDNT SET WELL WITH ME EITHER ALTHOUG HE WAS EMOTIONAL , BUT I DONT BUY THAT CRAP ABOUT HIM NOT WANTING TO ACT I THINK HE MEANT FOR ALL THIS TO COME OUT SO HE CAN GET THE JUDGES TO MAKE KIM COMPLY WITH EVERY THING HE WANTS BUT I MUST SAY I WONDERED ABOUT THE BALLET SHOES. YOU BET I WILL. WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT . THEY ARE BATTLING WITH HER AS THE PAWN UNBELEAVABLE. ALEC SHAME ON YOU. PARENTING CLASSES I SAY "NOW"

eileen

"I Pity The Fool!!"
I watched The View "interview" and was appalled at his thinly veiled non-oscar winning performance of hate.
There is a BIG difference between yelling at your children, and calling them names.
I yell at my kids once in a while. But NEVER, for any reason, would I call them names.
AB is a man on a mission. He wants to do what he accused Kim Basinger of doing. Cause her as much grief and angst as possible.

bobbie

I am saddened that this site has so little respect for an 11 year old child, that it would stoop so low to hurt this child many times over than the parent has done. This child will always be humilated by her peers and others for this very private voice mail that a distraught parent made to his child who is being kept from him. yes he should not of said these things to her, but more importantly you did not have to release this tape. What is behind you door. Are you so perfect that you can judge anyone you want?

Alec's Done

Rosie has her head up Alec's a** . And Alec sleeps with is daughter??

wink

You just DON'T SPEAK TO YOUR CHILDREN THAT WAY.....under any circunstances.