Alec Baldwin

Gives His "View"

4/27/2007 11:38 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0425_baldwin_tmz-1Alec Baldwin was welcomed with applause to a sitdown in a taped segment that aired on "The View" today, with Baldwin giving a heartfelt and somber tale of parental alienation that drove him to the boiling point.

Baldwin said that his "deep and endless frustration" in being unable to communicate with his daughter, Ireland, led him to misdirect his anger to the child, because he "can't address the other person in this dynamic," but stopped short of mentioning Kim Basinger.

The "30 Rock" star went on to address the topic of parental alienation and his frustration with a litigious and complicated custody battle. Baldwin said he was sorry for all those who were offended ... also mentioning how many people he'd heard from who had either been abused by a parent, or frustrated with an ex-wife, and those who were alienated from their children.

Cari

Boo Hoo Alec save it for the screen (not that I will watch U). still trying to blame everyone else. Instead of going on tv why dont u spend your time getting HELP!!!!!!!!!

Deidra

Alec Baldwn did apologize for the way he handedhis frustrated situtin, but I completely understand where h i coming from. He as ben shut ouf his daughrs life and he obviously cares for her very much. All parents lash out at time and say things they dont mean. I hope hecanfix his relationship wit his daughter and Kim. I'no fair what some fathers have to deal with to see their children.

Lisa

Barbara Walters did a good job on keeping him on the subject matter. He was getting really frusterated with her too! He is trying to get people to feel sorry for him. There is no way he will quit his tv show - - it's doing too well and he is not leaving the country either. Too bad for us! He still needs on going therapy (his daughter will too now) and he needs to "dry out" and go to AA.
KIm still needs to protect her and Ireland any way she can. I would stay out of the media spotlight if I were her. Time is on her side. People will know the" true story "when Ireland writes her first book in 10 years,

me

ALEC IS A BULLY #102

Please don't try to add child molestor to you warped list of offenses he has commited.

My daughter is 12 and most nights me and my husband have to kick her out of our bed. You're nasty.

Keeping it Real

Well Chuck that is the problem, she's silent and guilty and ought to be shame of herself. Yes we've had many apolygies from Alec but where is kim to say shes shocked, surprised, or devastated that this sacred family matter was put out in the media? I'll tell you why because this was all apart of hersick and twisted intent to hurt Alec. She is just sitting back and watching what happens. She started it by releasing it then just shut down like most evil master minds who sitback and watch people destroy their ownselves from provocative occurences they planted themselves. She has him right where she wants him at the expense of her childs feelings.

Victoria

I AM TOTALLY DISGUSTED BY THE CRITICAL REMARKS POSTED HERE. THIS IS TRUE PARENTAL ALIENATION SYNDROME. I AM ALSO NOT A FAN OF ALEC, HOWEVER HE STATED THE TRUTH REGARDING THIS ISSUE.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT HIS ALCOHOLISM {I AM ALSO A FRIEND OF BILL W'S AND HAVE 14 YEARS IN AA].

MY HUSBAND DEALS WITH PAS DAILY. HIS EX-WIFE STOLE HIS DAUGHTER FROM HIM, MANIPULATED THE COURTS, LIED, CHEATED, YOU NAME IT.

SHE STILL IS VIOLATING COURT ORDERS AND WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF TAKING HER BACK TO COURT IN MAY REGARDING THIS PAS.

MY HEART GOES OUT TO FATHERS WHO HAVE TO DEAL WITH PSYCHO BIO-MOM'S WHO CANNOT MOVE ON WITH THEIR OWN LIVES AND ALLOW THEIR CHILDREN TO LOVE BOTH PARENTS UNCONDITIONALLY.

Stan

"No matter what the situation what he did was absolutely WRONG. You do not talk to a child like that - EVER!!! That is a form of abuse. Why is this acceptable to so many people. Everyone should be up in arms about this. I am surprised as Rosie since she is so pro-children. But I realize she has a long standing relationship with the Baldwins. No matter what Alec was so wrong in so many ways."

I'm sure there are interesting KB tapes. Like when she recently had panic attacks. She needs help with that...but should not eliminate the child's Dad when she can't cope with her problems again.

Spencer McCloud

There is no one out there that should comment unless you have been in his shoes or at least had the same experience. You go Alec!!!!

NotSurprised

I guess he didn't hit bottom yet. I thought this latest episode might have done it, but no.

Alec's Done

DID YOU HEAR HIM STUTTERING?

molly

I totally feel for alec baldwin, we all say things to our children that we regret but if u'r a celebrity people act like "who could he do or say that!!!" as if they've never said anything they regret. it's just unfortunate that the media takes it upon them to expose private conversations not meant for them. the tape of alec being played over and over just hurt the child more then the words he said. and shame on kim bassinger for poisoning her childs mind about her father!!!
you are an evil vindictive person who should be looked at very closely on u'r parenting skills.

ToniCorbacio

Alex Baldwin was very sincere on the view. Kim Basinger lowered herself as soon as that conversation came out. From the beginning , it struck me that many people yell at their kids out of frustration, which he clearly demonstrated. He might have used the wrong choice of words, granted, but their is no doubt in my min d that his fight is for what he say, to be more connected to his child, which is x-wife isn't allowing. I don't have any respect for a woman who goes to her own homertown and visits everyone but her own Mother. She has issues, and the person I feel sorry for the most is Ireland, because her mother isn't smart enought to realize that the tug of war she is playing with those who should be closest to her and going to come back in the futrure and bite Miss Basinger right in the face. Hang in their Alec give your daughter time to grow up and I bet my bottom dollar in the future she is going to treat her mother the same way her grandmother gets treated and my prediction is.......she'll be living with you. Another Syracuse native.

Annlyn

Oh spare me... If I closed my eyes and listened to that voicemail, I would have thought it was my father harassing me 15 years ago. Things like that never go away. They scar and damage young minds and hearts. ESPECIALLY a young girl who gets verbally assaulted by her FATHER. He needs to stop being spoiled and find a more positive outlet for his frustrations with his ex-wife. Who knows what exactly precipitated that message, but HE is the adult, and he needs to remember that he is dealing with a CHILD.

Michelle

The comments say more about the people commenting than they do the participants. It tells about their relationships with their parents or children, but not a whole lot of proven truth about Alec, Kim, or Ireland.

We know Alec left a nasty voicemail to his child. I don't think it's the first time, and am inclined to think we saw common behavior, explaining why Ireland does not want to answer his calls. I don't *know* this though -- anymore than others can really know that his words were uncommon.

What I don't get is the arguement that it's not bad because the commentor's family is the same or worse. I was abused -- truly abused by most people's standards -- and still don't find Mr Baldwin's words to be okay.

The point is, no matter what the case, people are saying a lot of things that they can't know to be facts. While this makes the internet go 'round, lets not confuse this with anything more than opinions of people standing on the outside, watching from a distance, and guessing the things they can't see.

wtf

DAMAGE CONTROL people...duh!! Who calls their kid a thoughtless pig! Anger issues, just what Kim has been saying all along. Just a mother protecting her kid from her a hole ex who can't control his temper. What a douche!