Paula Abdul -- Consumer Confuser

4/28/2007 4:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained video that aired Friday on QVC, and it seems that "Idol" judge Paula Abdul was having a little trouble expressing herself. Tongue-tied?

Abdul was attempting to promote her jewelry line, and seemed quite confused as to what the hell she was talking about.

Sillyme

She had a stroke or she is early stages of brain disease such as alzheimers.

Jason Elias

I understood what she was trying to say. It's not like she it's complete gibberish like George W. Bush or something.

Jason Elias

Oops typos :)

Satish Bhardwaj

I'm not surprised. Paula is a star. She is used to reading out the script. If she gets a a role and she is not given a script to read from she would have trouble. Obviously the advertisers gave her a role. But probably diid not give her a role. Further this selling role is not like a role where there is a story. You have to look happy. You have to look dsad. You have to look in love. But in selling no such emotions are required. Your role might require a different expression that Pauls may not be used to. Give her a break. I'm with you Paula.

p1tey1

I think its unfair to Paula for people to just ASSUME she's drunk or high. She could have some type of medical condition that she and others are hiding. I believe if it were drugs or alcohol, someone would have come forward by now. THINK PEOPLE!

Lisa Marie Wiliams

To: Juzpassinthru You are right that she has the symptoms of M.S.! I've been thinking the same thing. Having a medical background and an Aunt who suffered from M.S.as well as Anette Funicello, and Michael J. Fox are other well known people who have the same symptoms from M.S. It's also not the only illness that show those same symptoms. (And addiction is an illness too.) So even if that was what's going on in her life, millions of people have suffered through that disease also and like M.S. and other illnesses who show the same symptoms or very close to the same symptons, you can die or recover from them. So all of you insensitve know it alls out there should stop and think that you or someone close to you could end up suffering through the same thing some day. How would you like people who don't even know you to judge and assume what you're going through and snicker and spread cruel, unfounded, gossip around beind your back? You're discussting!

Tammy

they give methadone for chronic pain now? damn, I wish I lived in the states cause I'm tired of taking the percs after awhile they don't work as well and I'm damn near in a bed most of the time. Someone give me some methadone, somethings gotta be better than this.

sue

Is English her first language? These are the kind of speech errors my dad makes when he's simply exhausted and finds himeself thinking in his native tongue and speaking English....

JANICE

WHY DOESN'T SHE ACT LIKE THAT ON AMERICAN IDOL? OBVIOUSLY IT IS SOMETHING SHE USES AWAY FROM IDOL...IS IT JUST SELECTIVE PAIN? I DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS BUT ITS OBVIOUS SHE IS DOING SOMETHING AND QVC SHOULD HAVE PICKED UP ON IT AND SAVED THE POOR GIRL FROM EMBARRASSMENT!!!

Binky

My aunt has MS and she has times when she is very easily understood where she can walk fine and other times when she appears to be intoxicated. My brother even said she was drunk when she fell down the stairs to the house one day and didn't help pick her up he and his friends simply laughed at her. However she was able to pull herself up and get into the house. I have two things to say (1) is let's not criticize or judge until we know the truth. There is a significant difference in "Truth and Facts". (2) Is to the pure all things are pure. So if our opinions are negative we need to look at ourselves and the conditions of our hearts.

Then again we only view life thru the lens of the lives we live and or are living! Pray for her instead of talking about her. While your at it pray for yourselves.

Lisa

Looks like another Anna Nicole in the making......

B

I can understand being jetlagged or whatever, but shes plugging HER OWN LINE OF JEWELRY. It wasnt like she was put on the spot and asked about her theories on the disappearance of the myan people or something. This is HER STUFF that SHE WEARS and knows ALOT ABOUT. !?!??!?!

CMS

She's obviously on some kind of drugs. If it's legally prescribed medications or not, who knows............

IhateJon

Yeah and remember Anna Nicole Smith swore up and down that she wasn't "on" anything and that her slurring was just her "southern drawl", but the autopsy doesn't lie.

Paula is OBVIOUSLY lives on the same planet that ANS was living on......deny....deny......deny.

Della

If she has a drug or alchol problem Amer. Idol needs to drop her. If she is sick, she needs to retire.