Ellen: "I WILL Take This Lyin' Down"

4/30/2007 4:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Ellen DeGeneres hurt her back over the weekend -- and it's so bad that she's doing this week's shows from a hospital bed!
Ellen in hospital bed
The bed will be placed center stage on Ellen's set. She'll lob questions at Ryan Seacrest and Lindsay Lohan from a supine position. Seacrest will appear on tomorrow's show and Lindsay will talk to the bed on Wednesday.

Ellen was scheduled to do a show on a Delta Airlines 767 later in the week. It was a big deal that was sponsored by American Express. But we're told that on doctor's orders, Ellen can't travel, so the trip will be rescheduled.

Ellen was also forced to cancel on a charity event Saturday in Chicago for the Make A Wish Foundation.

It's unclear how Ellen screwed up her back. She'll say on the air. By the way, her doctors will give the audience their official diagnosis.

Hello

Good luck Ellen! I'll be watching tomorrow to see how things are.

GRouston

The other letter I sent looked awful, I am an author and need to check my spelling etc.
I like you, your wit, humor, your upbeat appraoch to life, I know you'll get better real soon, My prayers are with you.I went through all that, not fun, it does heal especially with an inversion machine, you turn upside down, takes the pressure off your spine, allows your spine to open and it heals faster and stays healed-Glory to God!!
While your laid up please get my book, "MY MIND HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN," I know you'll love it, laugh alot and find a really great message-hope for anyone that suffers from alcoholism. I need exposure, need to set the captives free, bless those with addiction and my story will help.

Rose M

Poor Ellen!

I hope she feels better so she can get back to dancing again! I love everything Ellen's ever done, from her sitcoms to her standup to her talk show, and I think she's one of the sweetest people in the world.

How anyone can bash her is beyond me, but enough about the haters, they don't even deserve recognition.

But I'm sorry, since when is it cool to insult sick people? Not here. Hey haters, drive down to the local hospital and laugh at the patients. See if other people will stand for it there. Celebrities are just people too.

Angiebaby

Some people will do anything for attention! Ha-ha, just kidding Ellen. Get well soon!

cocopuff56

She bugs the absolute crap out of me.

Mary

Dear Ellen,
I have had 3 back surgeries and finally a triple fussion. How you can do a taping even from bed is amazing. You are an amazing woman. Mind your Doctors and do everything tey say. I do agree with on of the previous messages. Check out all your Doctors and what they are recomending. Get well reall soon. Your love of life and the ability to make people laugh is a true gift from up above.

K ay

Ellen, get well, I like watching your show whenever I get the chance. I always thought that if they made another movie about Princess Diana, they should consider casting you for her role--anyway-- get well. God Bless You and your Furbabies

gogirl

Hey, House Mouse, #38, I thought I was the only one who saw a resemblance between Princess Diana and Ellen! Glad to know there is someone else who sees it. Ellen, hope you heal up real fast, back pain is the worst. Love you and your show!

Donna

Ellen, I think that you are the best. How well I know about the back trouble. I have been down in bed with my back two different times and it will make you sick all over. I hope that you feel better very soon. Love ya
Donna in NC

Alex H.

My best wishes for a speedy recovery. Only you would still do the show!

Connie

Hi Ellen, I love you - Please take care of your back and take it easy! What happened?! Did Portia's horse throw you?? He needs to be put down!! (only kidding!)

Seriously, back pain is a killer. I have low back pain myself ever since lugging around my toddler when I was in my early 40's. Now he is 12, 5'3", and close to lugging ME around. What goes around comes around!

Love to you, Portia and Mom- take care. We will be here. Not goin' anywhere, so take your time healing up. God bless you-

Connie Karpen from PA

ROXANNA LANCASTER

ELLEN YOU ARE MORE THEN ANYONE COULD EVER ASK TO BE. IF I COULD EVER CHANGE WHO I AM, I'D WANT TO BE YOU. I'D TAKE THE UP'S AND DOWN'S LIFE HAS BROUGHT YOU ALSO, INCLUDING YOUR PAINFUL BACK. YOU ARE A BLESSING TO SO MANY OF US.

HUGS FOR HEALING,
ROXANNA

Kathy In Michigan

Hi Ellen. Just to let you know that I feel horrible for you and sympathize with you whole-heartedly! I know exactly what you are going through, as I have had 8 back surgeries (including a spinal fusion where they took bone from my hip & put it in 2 cages & placed them in my spine to fuse together with my spine to replace the discs). Just listen to your dr's and do "everything" they say **EXCEPT** DO NOT LET THEM TAKE BONE FROM YOUR HIP OR FROM ANYWHERE for a fusion! They have new techniques & I am sure you will get the best. (make sure of it) & for God's Sake, don't rush into anything! Thank God I have a wonderful & understanding husband who takes care of me. You're a hard worker & you certainly deserve the rest. Hugs & flowers for you, and I hope you feel better soon :) Take care. Any questions, call me LOL (yeah right, I wish!) You're an awesome person and Love your show!

AnnMarie - North East, Maryland

WOW Ellen!!! U'r da bomb!!!! You go girl!!!!! Show 'em what you're made of!! My entire family luvs u'r show!!!! Here's to a speedy recovery & many more years of your show!!!!

Rick

I feel for her BIG TIME
since childhood i have sciatica and it does NOt feel good.
GET BETTER GIRL.