Ah-nold Is a Dough-Nut!

5/1/2007 1:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Arnold SchwarzeneggerCalifornia Governator Arnold Schwarzenegger has a soft spot -- or three -- for doughnuts!

TMZ has learned the former bodybuilder has fallen head over love handles for Frittelli's Gourmet Donuts in Beverly Hills, and comes in for his fill at least once a week! While the Boston Cream (with zero trans fats!) is a fave with most celebs, including Jennifer Garner and Justin Timberlake, Arnold regularly scarfs down the Decaf Macchiato and the green apple fritter. The new breakfast of champions!

Arnold's constituents will be happy to know that Frittelli's relies primarily on eco-friendly energy resources.

Even though Arnold's off the movies, his famous phrase resonates every time he leaves -- "I'll be back."

joe

THAT IS THE POWER OF THIS GOVERNOR. IF HE DECIDES TO INTERMITTENTLY VISIT A DONUT SHOP IT MAKES INTERNATIONAL NEWS. PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW WHAT ARNOLD IS DOING. INCREDIBLE THIS MANS CELEBRITY

Ace

I saw Amy Sedaris at Frittelli's Donuts the other day with her ex, Myron Kempelstein, the powerful cable executive. I was wondering if an endorsement deal was in the works, Amy already being such a major force in the cupcake world. Donuts is the logical next step, in addition to the mix-tape she is doing for Starbucks.

baby girl

He can eat my donut hole anytime.

Ace

Mmmm. I had heard that Amy Sedaris was doing a dance video/remix of that old Sir-Mix-a-Lot song, "I Like Big Butts." So maybe she has seen how big Ahnold's butt has gotten and was just following his lead to get "in character."

SlappDaddy

Have another doughnut you Fat Pig!

Sugraf

An Austrian guy likes donuts. Shocking, eh?

mickey lou

Eco friendly? Like Arnie & Maria really care about that! How donuts does Teddy eat daily?

Balderdash

Next thing you know, they will be reporting his favorite brand of toilet paper.

C'mon, give us more interesting gossip!

ivy

Ahhhhhhhhhh-nuld

barnyard smell

My Heart

Zero Trans Fat....BS!!!!

I just talked with Fratellis and they DO use Hydrogenated Oil in their doughnuts which means there ARE trans fats but because of the FDA's loopholes...oops, I mean guidelines, they don't have to disclose it.

To add insult to injury the woman I talked with told me that "she couldn't use anything else" for these doughnuts. BS! It's all about costs. I know; I was an award winning chef.

Their marketing and Beverly Hills location are strong. Too bad they are pulling the wool over their customers eyes and it's going straight to their arteries!

There's a reason that New York City has BANNED ALL HYDROGENATED OILS.

April 2006 in the New England Journal of Medicine
On a per-calorie basis, trans fats appear to increase the risk of coronary heart disease more than any other macronutrient, conferring a substantially increased risk at low levels of consumption (1 to 3 percent of total energy intake). In a meta-analysis of four prospective cohort studies involving nearly 140,000 subjects, including updated analyses from the two largest studies, a 2 percent increase in energy intake from trans fatty acids was associated with a 23 percent increase in the incidence of coronary heart disease....

If a product contains less than half a gram of trans fat per serving, the food manufacturer is allowed to say on the package that it is "trans fat-free" or "zero grams of trans fat per serving" BUT if you consume ten servings of different products each with 0.45 grams of trans fat, you have consumed 4.5 grams of trans fat. Yet each serving was "trans fat-free" or contained "zero grams of trans fat"! According to FDA arithmetic, 0 x 10 = 4.5. You don't even know you just did that!!!

Where is the FDA's consumer protection?

ellen

I really hate that FDA loophole-it is so misleading. There are a few donut places that use trans fat free oil.

LMFAO

mmm doughnuts, I can have one Arnie??
"Let off some steam Bennet" KA-KAPOWW KRRRRAKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

booglypoo

Arnold refutes this story on a morning radio talk show!!!!

Here is the interview:

SP

Arnold needs to STOP eating dounuts NOW!!!! He does not know they contribute to Global Warming. What is he trying to do kill us all? Of course he could buy carbon credits and eat all he wants. Save the world stop eating dounuts.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments