"Idol" Castoff Gets Wigged-Out Homecoming

5/2/2007 4:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained video of "American Idol" castoff, curly-haired Chris Sligh, in his first performance since being booted off the talent juggernaut.

Sligh and his band kicked off his "Fro Patro Homecoming Tour" in his hometown of Greenville, South Carolina, hitting local nightclubs and even singing at church.

A TMZ source in the audience tells us that many of his fans sported Chris look-alike curly wigs to welcome the portly songbird home. Sligh gave the crowd a true "Idol" send-off, singing his encore song on the way out!
Fro Patro Homecoming Tour Tickets
According to recent reports, Sanjaya wasn't greeted as warmly on his return to Federal Way, Wash.

ivy

So Chris really was serious about being a singer? Unlike Sangie who has giggled his way thru every photo op he can garnish. Way to go Chris. Get back to doing what you love doing and much success!

GoingPlastic.com

Hey, I liked him. At least he had personality. I hope he gets "picked-up".

stac

yeah im pretty pumped for him. maybe he can take this success and keep the snow ball rolling

Rob

ROFL. Chris Sligh hates Sanjaya. He's been bashing Sanjaya on his blog ever since he got booted.

I'm assuming that Chris Sligh is your "source" for the Momjaya weed-smoking stories. I heard he sold the picture of her toking from Brandon's party for $10,000. LOL.

Payback is a bitch.

Go curly!

Marty Columbus OHIO

PARIS HILTON'S CD COMES OUT FRIDAY...GO OUT AND BUY IT!

I LOVE YOU PARIS!!

Y'all a bunch of HATERS!!

HELLO KRISTEN IN COLUMBUS OHIO

hello, it

Payback is a bitch.

Go curly!

Posted at 4:39PM on May 2nd 2007 by Rob

Where do you get your info from? The voices in your tiny little head?

why

Why do you keep posting stuff about Paris Hilton?

johnnie

That's because Sanjaya does not have the talent Chris does.

el polacko

they must be really starved for entertainment down there.

sassypoch

haha I live in Federal Way WA and didn't know Sanjaya was from this city. He was really bad and it's a shame that people may link Sanjaya to WA singers. I hope not. This guy though, he's a great singer. It was sad to see him booted off.

She was no different than any other former stripper still trying to make money off her body at almost 40

OH GAG!!!
I live in Greenville and this guy is NOBODY. In person he is about the grossest individual you could ever hope to NOT encounter. How he ever got on AI is beyond me (and a lot of people from down here).

The joint he played at for his "homecoming" is a DIVE. They also did this on a MONDAY because there isn't many people who want to screw up their weekends to go see this guy and the Handlebar has other acts to book on weekends (like grunge bands and the like).

This guy is a joke and his intense jealousy of everyone else on the show (its not just Sanjaya) is so obvious. Doesn't anyone remember his "I didn't want to win AI anyways"? Yeah right, tell us another one fatty. You wanted to win so badly you couldn't stand it when you got booted.

This guy is an embarrassment to Greenville.

Cow

He's gross, I'd never pay a ticket price hell much less attend a concert if held for free, Sanjaya was a much better singer!

whatever

As Randy would say " DUDE IT WAS VERY GOOD"
As Paula would say "You look beautiful tonite"
as for Simon "What was that?!?!
As for me? I didnt enjoy it at all

chopchop

Cat, I live in Greenville, SC too!! I'm not too fond of Chris either; but do you have to bad-mouth him like that?? Sounds to me like YOU'RE the embarrassment to Greenville. Grow Up Sweetie!

chopchop

Hey #13 Cat: I live in Simpsonville and I agree with #15!!!! I'm sure I'd be embarrassed to know you! You sound like a very hateful person! Must be awful being so mad & negative all the time!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments