Scary Takes Murphy to Court Over Baby Spice

5/2/2007 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Eddie Murphy and Melanie BrownFormer Spice Girl Melanie Brown is taking Eddie Murphy to court to prove he is the father of her newborn daughter, Angel Iris Murphy Brown. When one paternity suit case closes, another one opens!

Brown tells People magazine that Murphy won't take a DNA test or sign the birth certificate, "so it's going to have to go to court so he can be forced to do it, which is strange since he was the one asking for it." Murphy questioned the paternity on a Dutch television program last year.

Mel B. says Eddie has yet to lay eyes on Angel, adding, "My people have contacted his people and they just had no response to anything." Murphy's rep told People: "We do not comment on Mr. Murphy's personal life." His actions speak for themselves!

nene

He is just plain a$$ sorry. Queen Bee, Eddie took hie "private life" public when he went on tv demanding a DNA test to a reporter of all people. He needs to be publicly embarrassed. Regardless if he has doubts on whether or not Angel is his, he knows he was with Mel no matter how briefly. The fact that he knows there is a possibility that she's his and he still has yet to contact her proves that he is a piece of caca. He can hate Mel if he wants to, but the baby has nothing to do with it. She is very possibly his daughter. His other 6 kids are no more important or better than her. How can he look at them and love them while giving Angel his a$$ to kiss?

Bird

Gimme a minute Kaili. I don't want to accuse you of being a liar. I will research it myself. Amnio is another risky procedure that is done in a very small window of time and only done for older moms to make sure their are no chromosonal defects. No I am not a doctor. I am a mom.

Kaili

so am i.

Bird

It is exactly what I said Kaili and exactly what you said. If you are raped at a time when you are in a relationship and become pregnant you may want to know the paternity so that you can terminate the pregnancy. You may have a paternity test via amniocentisis. It is VERY risky. I got that from the US Health department site. So for Mel to find out if Ed is the dad ASAP, no. If Mel was raped while she was with Ed, yes.

Kaili

and i just checked it out on my own, they can do it as soon as the first
trimester is over. just like an amniocentresis.

Bird

Then you made me do all that research for nothing. You know they don't do no dang paternity test in utero just for the hell of it. Come on girl.

Kaili

my sister in law asked for the procedure,her doctor said it was no more dangerous than a regular amnio.
so yes, they WILL do it if you ask them too.
i was there when she asked.

rosie

6. The bitch should have taken the test when he wanted her to take it.Dont come down hard on him he wanted her to do the test first and she refused.....Seems like she wasnt sure herself.................................

Posted at 1:47PM on May 2nd 2007 by tootsin
I bet if it was a transvestite he would want to get married.

Victoria

cool -e

please be nice.

Bird

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree Kaili. Ain't no biggie. A blog is full of opinions.

monique

Bird, I'm just trying to fathom having unprotected sex with a man that I even suspected of being on the dl. Not happening regardless of how much money he has.

nene

Eddie is a worthless sorry excuse of a man. I have been, in the past, a fan of his. Now I'm so glad he didn't get that oscar. It was just karma. He didn't deserve it. He should be glad the baby is his, she is very cute coming from HIM. I would sue for attorney fees, and a whole lot more than 6,000 a month in child support. More like 15,000. Diddy pays 1

nene

Diddy pays 19,000 a month for one of his. Eddie needs to at least pay 15,000

Kaili

that's fine.
I have a baby too,i am 29 ,didn't need an amnio because i am under 35.
anyway, her boyfriend did not think the baby was his,that was why she asked about
a paternity test while pregnant. neither one of us thought it was possible at the time.
but i have heard that amnio are sort of dangerous.
the doctor said the test was similar to a amnio. but i would have waited till the baby was born too.

Bird

Kaili if you are a mom, you kinda sound like a teenage mom. An amnio is VERY risky. I can tell you that from experience. Did your sister tell you how much it hurt? Did she tell you she felt like she was having the baby after the test. That's when I knew how serious it was; WHEN I FELT IT. I don't care where you looked. They would have told you it was very risky. If your sister's doctor didn't tell her then you should sue him. And why your sister need a paternity test in utero anyway?