Busta Rhymes

Busted for DUI

5/3/2007 9:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Busta RhymesBusta Rhymes was arrested on a drunk driving charge early this morning in New York, after cops stopped him for driving an SUV with "excessively tinted windows."

According to the NYPD, the rapper, driving a 2006 GMC Yukon Denali, was pulled over on the far West side of Midtown Manhattan at 12:48 AM, because the car's windows were too dark. When cops encountered Rhymes (real name: Trevor Smith), they noticed a "strong odor of alcohol" on his breath and issued a field sobriety test. He was then taken into custody on a charge of driving while impaired and booked at the Midtown North Police Precinct.

A message left for Rhymes' lawyer, Scott Leemon, was not immediately answered.

The Manhattan District Attorney's office said only that Rhymes "had not been arraigned." The rapper awaits trial next Tuesday on two assault charges from last year.

tinkerbell

When will these IDIOT celebs learn??? Like he couldn't learn from Mel, Paris, Nicole, Eve, and whoever else I'm missing.

Gab

I was once a big fan of yours. I have lost all respect for you. You last Best hit was back in the 90's with the album "Extinxtion Level Event". That album was crazy and it was hot! But your let's face it.... You are old school. You can't keep up with the new generation listeners with your corny music. It shows in your album sales. Futhermore I think you should stop being a punk ass biatch and be a real man and cooperate with the police in finding your bodyguard's killer. I know you must have tried to hit the family with some "shut up " money but do you honestly sleep well knowing that this has gone down like that. You are disgrace. I dont know if your trying to get your name in the press to get more publicity or what. Granted, I know your not a role model, and you never said you were, but atleast be a role model to your own children. Chump.

ivy

Why the HE*LL do the cops even bother taking these celebs in or booking them when they're just gonna turn around and let 'em go without any repercussions?

Lenn K.

These people got money and no brains. Also, they think they are about the law. Probably because they are!!

tinkerbell

I agree with #4. They are not going to do anything because apparently celebrities don't have to follow the laws like the rest of us. But I guess that's life.

MICHELLE

....fix your windown tint and don't cry black. Driving while under the influence are for losers. I'm sure you can afford a driver.

Whammer Jammer

Numbers #4 and #6: It's never going to change either, it's just going to get worse. It's become a bad joke.

MOM

piece of crap who cares

aSiF

Another fine example of what not to do. Good job Busta - you go Busted (sorry that was real lame).

Seriously

Yep, celebs are above the law. Paris Hilton is due in court soon.
She should go to jail, but how much ya wanna bet she gets probation?

JEWISH PRINCESS

Gag (#3) I totally agree with ya! They should park his ass in jail until he co-operates in his bodyguard's death. And make it solitary, plaster the walls with the guy's pictures, as well as the bodyguard's family photos. No interaction with anyone else, except his lawyers.
It's a shame he can't be a real man & accept responsibility for his actions. But then, what should we expect? These guys insulate themselves with people who feed their ego, telling them how great & wonderful they are, how nothing is ever their fault. Of course they start to believe it.

JEWISH PRINCESS

Sorry, Gab, I misspelled your name!

Maddy

IAnother above the law rapper who thinks he doesn't have to live by our rules because he's a star. You people who go to their concerts and buy their cd's have glorified these thugs long enough.

Evorgleb

Whats going on with Busta. This guy stays at the police station these days. We've been talking about Busta over at Highbrid Nation and I honestly think that the guy's career may be going downhill from here.

Love my color

And, to you people who watch Paris Hilton and Lindsey Loham movies you to are glorifing these thugs.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments