Victim's Husband Sues Brandy Over Fatal Crash

5/3/2007 4:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

BrandyTMZ has obtained a lawsuit filed by the husband of the woman killed in a car crash involving former "America's Got Talent" judge Brandy Norwood. It's the second lawsuit the singer is facing regarding the accident.

In the documents, filed today in Los Angeles County Superior Court, Marquane Hdidou claims that Brandy and another motorist named Mallory Ham were "recklessly and carelessly ... traveling too fast for conditions and "following too closely" on the 405 Freeway, which factored into the collision that killed his wife, Awatef Aboudihaj on December 30.

As a result of his wife's death, Hdidou claims in the lawsuit that he has, "forever been deprived the support and maintenance, services, guidance, companionship, comfort, affection, solace, moral support, society, care, love, consortium and other benefits" from his wife.

Hdidou is suing for an undisclosed amount of financial relief to cover medical and funeral expenses, as well as legal costs and other damages.

Brandy is also facing a $50 million lawsuit filed by the victim's parents.

Reps for Brandy had no comment.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Jay

Well being a person who lost their mom in a car accident cause of some idoit (still unsolved in 26 yrs) I think I can chime in....and yes her ass shoudl pay and pay dearly plus do the time. Not having ya mama see you graduate from ANY school level, advice on yoru 1st girlfriend, see ya 1st child, the list is endless is priceless moments that Brandy stole from them. They will never get them back no matter what even if the dad remarries its not the mother that pushed them from her womb. for all saying its about money you have no clue cause you havent walked that mile and thank the lord thats the case.

Jay

You keep saying funeral and medical expenses....what about the fact this woman was the caregiver for the childern who does that now? Daycare?....that costs....so you really think a day care woker MIN. WAGE is going to love and care for a child like their mom? to get better care you have to pay more money. What about the fact that it normally takes to checks these days Brandy wiped that out. I think most here that are posting are young folks without families that really have no clue what Brandy has done to this family. As fas as it being an accident maybe she should be more careful this isnt her 1st accident its her 1st fatal one.

Wowed

I feel sorry for the widow... now people are only referring to Brandy as the only responsible... according to the lawsuit Mr. Marquane Hdidou, widow, is suing Brandy, Mallory Ham and 25 other does. But she alone gets to payoff everything? I figure that's because she's the only one with money.

ME

I really don't blame the guy.

dhatcher100

I hope the husband wins the lawsuit. She should be held accountable for this disaster.

resena

Brady not worth alot of money but you still have the death which was horrible but it was an accident

Marty Columbus OHIO

PARIS HILTON IS AWESOME>>>PARIS HILTON CD COMES OUT FRIDAY>>>GO OUT AND BUY IT!

HELLO KRISTEN IN COLUMBUS OHIO

ivy

This is really sad. I really think it was an accident. It wasn't like Brandi was drinking, like so many other celebrities (who get away with their antics over and over again). Still, she caused the accident. And the guy lost his wife. No one wins in this case.

Nate

OH MY GOD!!! Brandy baby keep your head up sweetie.. You can get thru this..

I don't wanna see this turn into another Anna Nicole (may she RIP)

Disgusted

My GOD!!! Just because she's a 'celebrity' these people want to clean her out!!! It was an accident!! Charge her!!! and forget about the lawsuits already !!!
These people who probably have no relationship with their spouse or child and want to turn around and act like their life cant go on whn the person dies make me sick!!! Cuz its alllll for the money

Sandy

Would this man be suing if the person who hit and killed his wife were NOT a star? I'm sure that Brandy did not mean to cause someone's death via an accident. I am truly sorry for this family for their loss, but this could happen to any one of us.

Two words for this man..... Gold Digger!

Anna

The law suit the parents filed should be null and void. Yes they lost thier daughter but her income and future earnings were not their source of existing.

shesanidiot

She deserves to pay every cent of each lawsuit. She doesn't have an excuse and its WORSE that she wasn't drunk or high. She killed that woman because she's stupid. Now her husband and children have to live with Brandy's dumbass mistake.

I hope someone she cares about is killed in the same fashion. The DA needs to press charges and send that ugly bitch to jail. I hope those girls inside mess her up!

Nate

I think it's sick people are that money hungry. That money will not bring his wife back. It just shows you where people will take it when the person has money (like Brandy does) - Say the same accident happened but it wasn't Brandy driving. Do you honestly think they would go after them for $50 MILLION dollars? Doubt it. These people need to have their time to grieve and respect the life that was lost, not hunt people down for money.

I'll keep you in my prayers Brandy.. keep your head up..

Nate

I'll keep you in my prayers Brandy.. keep your head up..

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments