Jay-Z in a Plane Crash-- NOT TRUE

5/4/2007 2:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: TMZ has confirmed that Jay-Z WAS NOT aboard the plane. The three aboard the plane were "white men."

Rumors have been swirling this morning that rapresario Jay-Z (aka Shawn Carter) was in a plane crash this morning.

TMZ has confirmed that a small plane registered to a citizen of Dublin, GA crashed near Asheville, NC in the Smoky Mountains. The FAA tells TMZ that the four-seat propeller plane did go down this morning, but could not provide any additional details.

Sources tell TMZ that he is on his way to Vegas this weekend to take in the Mayweather - de la Hoya fight.

ivy

OMG this guy has one bad case of U-G-L-Y.

Bull

Hey Amanda.. your article is from LAST MONTH.

just me

I don't think this should have been reported if TMZ didn't know for sure. They just wanted to be the first in the media.

I'm praying this is not true.

SternStillSux

23. Doesn't appear to be Jay-Z. It was some doctors.

Posted at 1:59PM on May 4th 2007 by Amanda
____________________
That article was from April 11th.............

allison

#24...Justin is it??? So not funny. This is no time to joke.

Sweet

TMZ will you hurry up and confirm or deny? You should not have posted this news until you were for sure about it.

Cin

Amanda - I think you posted the wrong news article. That one is dated April 11th??????

Bull

Leave it to #23 to screw everything up...

Amanda needs to learn how to read.

BTW, the date on that article is from April 11.... So, it wasn't last Monday either.

Christle

# 23 Look @ the date before you post things. That is from 04/11/2007. God bless everyones family who is traumatized by this loss.

Jennifa O Jenny

#23 Amanda:

That link is about a crash that happened on Tuesday, not today.

Miriam

That's terrible. I hope it's not true. Either way, I feel bad for those victims and their families, whoever they are.

Joy

Aaliyah's plane was a Cessna. I don't think TMZ would post this if they had no facts to back it up. I'm praying it's not true...

Kelly

If I've heard this rumor, surely by now Jay-Z's publicist has heard it.

Why doesn't Jay-Z's publicist issue a statement saying he's okay?

Doc Holiday

i need some help. im kinda new to this site. i need to know where do i put my password so i dont have to keep confirming my comments?

VKT

#23 -Amanda,
That link was to a plane crash in April near Murphy, NC, not the one today.
I'm 1.5 hrs. from Asheville, NC and the speculation is that it was a famous person's plane that crashed. Please note, this is not confirmed, just speculation.