Paris

Ordered to Serve

45 Days in Jail

5/4/2007 8:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0503_paris_fm_ex-1A Los Angeles County Superior Court judge has sentenced Paris Hilton to 45 days in L.A. County jail for violating her probation in a reckless driving case. Judge Michael T. Sauer handed down the harsh sentence, telling Paris she will not be allowed work release, furloughs, use of an alternative jail or electronic monitoring in lieu of jail. She must do the time!

An emotional Paris, with tears welling up in her eyes, told the judge moments before the decision "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Witnesses inside the courtroom say that Paris' parents, Rick and Kathy Hilton, were both visibly upset as the sentence was handed down. Kathy, we're told, was especially distraught.

The judge called out her rep Elliot Mintz in court, describing his testimony as "completely worthless." He also told Paris that he did not believe that she was unaware of her license suspension, adding that she had paperwork in her car stating that her license was suspended.

Shortly after the punishment was handed out, defense attorney Howard Weitzman said he would appeal. "I'm shocked, I'm surprised and really disheartened in the system that I've worked in for close to 40 years," Weitzman said, adding that the sentence was "uncalled for, inappropriate and bordered on the ludicrous. I think she's singled out because of who she is."

Paris will serve her sentence at the Century Regional Detention Facility (CRDF). She will begin her sentence on June 5. If Hilton fails to report on the scheduled date, her sentence will be doubled.

Scarlett

YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE

vik

There is a god.

doinou

Needs to be.

Halley

OMG I CANT BELIEVE THIS BITCH FINALLY GOT WHAT SHE DESERVED!!!

KARMA!!

HEIDI

See she is NOT above the law... Serves her right!!!

Dixie in Myrtle Beach

YES, YES, YES!!!! WAY TO GO JUDGE!!!

jolee

thank you,, there is a GOD????

Valerie

Wow. Although I was hoping that would happen, I have to say that I am surprised. I'll believe it when it happens though.

ONESFUN

Sweeettt!!!!!!!!! lmaorof.. eat that one hooooo

sportsnutmom

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Kelly

whoa

my opinion

I have new respect for the California court system. Way to go Judge, you did the right thing.

jaime

omg i cant belive it!!!

mvdd

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OUR JUDICIAL SYSTEM HAS FAILED

Beyonce sucks

THERE IS JUSTICE IN THE WORLD, HAHA. I WONDER IF ORANGE WILL LOOK GOOD ON HER!