Paris

Ordered to Serve

45 Days in Jail

5/4/2007 8:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0503_paris_fm_ex-1A Los Angeles County Superior Court judge has sentenced Paris Hilton to 45 days in L.A. County jail for violating her probation in a reckless driving case. Judge Michael T. Sauer handed down the harsh sentence, telling Paris she will not be allowed work release, furloughs, use of an alternative jail or electronic monitoring in lieu of jail. She must do the time!

An emotional Paris, with tears welling up in her eyes, told the judge moments before the decision "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Witnesses inside the courtroom say that Paris' parents, Rick and Kathy Hilton, were both visibly upset as the sentence was handed down. Kathy, we're told, was especially distraught.

The judge called out her rep Elliot Mintz in court, describing his testimony as "completely worthless." He also told Paris that he did not believe that she was unaware of her license suspension, adding that she had paperwork in her car stating that her license was suspended.

Shortly after the punishment was handed out, defense attorney Howard Weitzman said he would appeal. "I'm shocked, I'm surprised and really disheartened in the system that I've worked in for close to 40 years," Weitzman said, adding that the sentence was "uncalled for, inappropriate and bordered on the ludicrous. I think she's singled out because of who she is."

Paris will serve her sentence at the Century Regional Detention Facility (CRDF). She will begin her sentence on June 5. If Hilton fails to report on the scheduled date, her sentence will be doubled.

ks

Awesome - that stupid b*&^$ needed to be slapped.

San

FINALLY....A reality check for this little princess.

sjk222

Oh please, she'll do the pay as you go jail time. $127 a night for a private room, computer, and tv. It's no big deal except for her detox.

Snarksnarksnark

There is justice for the moment!!!! However, she'll appeal this sentence; she won't see the inside of Sybil Brand for some time.

Patel

Daddy Hilton has to be sooooo proud of you Paris

Angel

About time.

Yummy

wow I hope the chicks there didn't hear about her racist and homophobic remarks lol...I think I'll send a few letters about her to a few inmates, yeah

Paris is a Twit

Jail = Size 11 asshole

Cluck You PETA

Well good. Maybe now she will get it through her head that laws do apply to her. To bad her jail stint didn't start now instead of a month from now.

big fat, bald white guy who loves everyone except Paris

Now thats hot!

SHARKY

Paris you are going to find out the TRUE meaning of being someones BITCH!

tuna marie

take lindsay and britney with you, you can have a threesome in the clink

The Blue Fox

best news I've heard today, congrats ms holier-than-thou and say helloe to Ms. Butch for me,

Paris #1 Fan

The Judge is a jerk! Paris is innocent! People need to leave her alone. She is a human being just like the rest of us who people judge constantly! How many people in this world commit worse crimes and get away with it! The judge needs to get a life! I LOVE YOU PARIS!!

JR

She is not going to jail for her lawyer is appealing to higher court !