Sharpton: I've Said the N-Word, But I'm No Imus

5/4/2007 3:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Al SharptonReverend Al Sharpton admits that he has dropped some offensive slurs in the past, but claims that a comparison with Don Imus is "completely unfair."

In an exclusive interview with TMZ, The Rev admitted that calling his good friend and former New York Mayor David Dinkins a "n----r whore" several years ago was wrong ... but added, "If I say something wrong on the air, I should lose my radio show."

Even after Imus apologized for calling the Rutgers women's basketball team "nappy headed hos," Sharpton still called for him to be canned from MSNBC radio gig. When TMZ asked The Rev why he shouldn't have been fired from his job after dropping the N-bomb, Sharpton replied, "He's done this over and over and over again and has suffered nothing -- not even suspended. To compare any of us is an unfair comparison." Sharpton added, "I was wrong and others are wrong ... but this isn't the first time I've spoken up against it, I also marched after "Barbershop."

Sharpton also claims that he has never referred to the Jewish community as "diamond merchants," despite several published reports to the contrary. "That was never said ... but it's interesting that years after it allegedly happened, conservatives brought this up. This is a political attack." Sharpton added, "I have worked hard to establish an open dialogue with the Jewish community, and in fact, I was invited as a guest to Israel in 2002."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

el

Why isnt Al Sharpton protesting Akon and all the trashy things he does
at his concerts instead of worrying about Paris Hilton??? I think he
should focus on getting a grown "so called Man" FIRED for humping
14year old girls at his concert and throwing 15 year old boys off the
stage into the crowd of children endangering every child in that
crowd!!! Come on Sharpton YOu fought to get Imus FIRED for words but
not Akon who put his ANIMAL PAWS all over "our" children??? Please
Forget about Paris and do something about this LOW LIFE ANIMAL!!!!

Frank the Fixer

Soyour the reverend!! Two face AL Why are you in UTAH asking for forgiveness again . You screewed IMUS and you are a liar and a biggot hopefully they will cancel your show soon cause there are alot of your own kind who want you and your brother JESSE to step on down !!!!

Kathy

Al "Sharptongue" is a hypocrite and he keeps racism alive and well in this country. Is there any way that HE can be fired from his own radio show?? He crucified Don Imus and Mr. Imus has done so much good for many causes. It's just sickening.

tinkerbell

BORING!!!!!!!!

Crystal

SHUT UP & GO AWAY....WE DON'T CARE ABOUT U!

ivy

FIRST?

Al Sharpton you are the biggest biggot and racist that ever walked the face of the earth. You are hypocrite incarnate.

stac

i'm so over this Imus thing.. he got screwed plain and simple and jesse and Al should shut their mouths...

how about Katie Holmes auctioning off her love.. anyone else see that?

jen

Why is this blowhard still relevant?

Bob

GOD DAMN Hypocrite Sharpton is!!!

sapphire

I AGREE HE IS A DISGRACE TO HIS RACE. YOU DONT HELP THE INJUSTICE THAT IS DONE AT ALL YOU CREATED MORE HATRED!!! GO AWAY

oldnewyorker

Hey Al - What's Tawana Brawley up to these days?

Brother Harold, S.J.

THIS PIECE OF CRAP IS THE BIGGEST "N" OF ALL--AND POLITICIANS SUCK UP TO HIM, WHICH PROVES HOW ROTTEN POLITICIANS ARE.

Liz

I'm so sick of the race war. People should be directing their hate and energy towards pedophiles and child abusers, that's a war worth fighting.

Marty Columbus OHIO

I LOVE FARTY MARTY BECUZ HE'S THE LIFE OF THE PARTY!!!!

HOLLA ATCHA BOY!!

HI KRISTEN!!

funny like ha ha

Al Sharpton is his name, aggitation is his game!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go away Al - mind your own damn business and stop stirring up trouble.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments