Not TrimSpa,

Baby

5/7/2007 12:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

With Anna Nicole in formerly heavy spokesmodel heaven, and Kirstie Alley's weight loss seemingly at a halt, there's an open position for a celeb weight loss spokesperson. Who's in line for the job? Two boy banders and a Spelling!

Nick Carter, Tori Spelling, Joey Fatone
"Dancing with the Stars" pudgy twirler and former *NSYNCer Joey Fatone (make your own joke on his last name), Nick Carter (seen him lately?) and Tori Spelling (baby weight) have all hopped on the NutriSystem diet. Tori and Joey have been working closely with NutriSystem's VIP/Celeb counselor Stacie Mullen, and according to the stars, the system has done wonders for them.
Former Backstreet Boy Carter has also been raving to friends that the diet is the best thing he's done for himself in ages. Well after watching his family and their reality show, that's clear.

Are these three competing to be the next spokestubby? TMZ chewed the fat with a NutriSystem rep who told us, "Yes, all three are on the diet, but not spokespeople -- Nick's lost 30 pounds, and Joey's lost 25. They're just enthusiastic clients who have no problem telling the world they're finding great success on the program!"

L A

The diet food only works as long as you follow the rules....

Besides eating their pre-portioned meals--the rule is move it. You have to move your body to keep the pounds off. No moving; no losing!!

If you look at any diet plan--they all say exercise--so pick your big old fat lazy butt up and get off the couch and MOVE IT. I think a lot of people leave out the exercise part because that would mean work and no one wants to work--they want the miracle!! Eat like a horse and the weight magically falls off--- Yeah, right!! Not gonna happen.

www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=10000046&itle=Choose%20To%20Move

Joe

I Hate Nick Carter.

Nutrisystem Fanatic

The comments I read above about NS effecting your blood pressure, is totally untrue. I've been on the plan for a little over two weeks. I've lost 12 lbs. and my blood pressure and my sugar levels have dropped drastically. My doctor had to reduce my medicine. So believe what you may but the facts are very untrue. Take it from someone who knows the real truth from experience. There are a lot of members that have high blood pressure and diabetes, and we are all doing just great. Give it a try and see for yourself.

Greasergal

I have to say, my husband has been on this diet for 5 months now and has lost over 50 pounds. He has no blood pressure problems and he loves the food. I also need to add that people seem to forget that you aren't JUST eating the food they provide...it IS about teaching portion control and including fruits, veggies, good fats and whole grains. They also provide an eat out guide as well (which my husband uses at least once a week). As for how the food tastes, some of those meals smell and taste better than some of the take out I have eaten so I'm not sure what you had.

Anyway, it is a great diet, but it is expensive. If you are severly overweight it is a good start, but becareful about how quickly the monthly charges rack up. I recommend someone do it for a few months and get used to the smaller portions and getting into the "healthy" mindset and then stick to it on your own from there. Once you re-train yourself with eating habits...you should be good to go.

Joe

Portion Control, Smortion Control! You can't live on prepackaged foods forever! I agree with the Calorie Counters!

Joe

I have been overweight my entire adult life. I've tried every single diet you can name; Atkins, The Rice Diet, The Grapefruit Diet, etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum! Four years ago I started Nutrisystem, and like others above, I've lost a LOT of weight in a small amount of time, dropping my blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.

I also learned "PORTION CONROL" meant a serving size of chicken was about the size of your fist. I learned and knew it all by heart; but there I was again, back at the beginning again. Obese, with high blood pressure, and the other maladies associated with being overweight.

My doctor said the Nutrisystem seems like a quick cure, but it's actually dangerous, because you lose too quickly then think you are capable of living 'normally' off of the diet as well. And it doesn't work.

Two years ago, I started weighing and measuring every single bite of food and drink I ingested, and I've finally managed to lose the same weight I lost while I was on Nutrisystem, and then some. And this time I HAVE KEPT IT OFF!!!!! Why????? Because the Nutrisystem plan was NOT DESIGNED FOR MORBIDLY OBESE PEOPLE for the long term. It would cost thousands of dollars for them to lose all the weight they need to lose.

Nutrisystem was created for those that only need to lose that 'last 20 pounds' they just can't get off. Why do you think they use a model named ZORA that is as skinny as a rail and Nutrisystem commercials brag about the fact she lost a hot 10 or 20 pounds on the plan?

And when they DO show 'real people' that lost a LOT of weight on their plan, do they put the words "RESULTS NOT TYPICAL" on the screen or on the magazine ad next to their claims?

Nutrisystem is made for people that only need to lose less than 50 pounds. Trust me. I know what I'm talking about. I used to be a Nutrisystem Counselor.

Joe

I too was on NutriSystem and lost a lot of weight and gained it all back even though I was on their Maintnence plan and did not binge or go nuts. It's a temporary weight loss gimick. I read the nutritional value stickers on everything I eat and add what I eat up on a pad I carry with me all the time and I lose weight and kept it off too

MikeF

David Paul please take a bath next time. Someone please throw an electric appliance in the bath. This guy is a loserrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

Petro

So they all lost weight, that's a good thing, however I was on NS last year for a month, lost 10, the food was to put it mildly, HORRIBLE. I tried feeding the leftover dinners to my dog, even he refused to eat it.

Joe

Good point, Barbara in #39! In ADDITION to the $300+ per month you spend on Nutrisystem prepackaged glop, you have to buy your own veggies, breads, fruits, condiments, etc etc etc etc so it's more like $350+ or MORE per month. PLUS you still have to buy food to feed the REST of your family, too! At that rate, Nutrisystem patrons should feel like their fat cost them the same per pound as a piece of filet mignon.
Another Barbara

HONEYBUNNY32

IF YOU WANT TO MAINTAIN YOUR WEIGHT, EXERCISE AND EAT RIGHT. MAKE IT A LIFESTYLE CHANGE.. DRINK MORE WATER & EAT HEALTHY FRESH FOODS. BURN MORE CALORIES THAN YOUR PUTTING IN YOUR BODY. WHY BUY NASTY DIET FOODS THAT ARE NOT GOING TO BE A LIFESTYLE CHANGE? NO SUGAR NO FLOUR AND WATCH THE CARBS.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3