Ty Pennington Charged with DUI

5/8/2007 7:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ty Pennington"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" star Ty Pennington has just been charged with two misdemeanor DUI counts stemming from his arrest Saturday morning.

Sources tell TMZ Pennington had a .14 blood alcohol level when he was stopped at 12:35 AM in Los Angeles. The legal limit in California is .08.

LA City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo filed the case.

He's Boring now

I dont care how nice he has been on the show or to the people that are on the receiving end of the shows products. Anyone could take his place as its really the crew and the people getting the makeover that are the stars of that show. He simply yells into a megaphone and wanders around...there are so many production and local people doing the actual work, his role is simply to present and project an image.

That Image is now tarnished and not representative of what Sears and Disney represent.

Sorry, but no viewer would ever look at him the same in the future, knowing he is a drunk driver trying to be a do gooder on TV...it just doesnt fit anymore.

Sears and Disney, find a new spokesperson, there are plenty of aspiring young men and women who can surpass this now tired ass taking the good life for granted ungrateful phoney.

First!!!!!

In the words of Jonathan Adler....."See you later decorator".

Derrick

I wonder if the ABC execs will write him off Extreme Home Makeover by having him shot the way they did with Michelle Rodriguez on Lost.

Florence Mitchell

If Paris can get by with it three times, Why can`t He/

Florence Mitchell

If Paris can get by with it three times,why can`t He one time?
It might save Her life and someone else if She is stopped now.

Howard is no Father or good Lawyer

If the Corporate sponsors could dump Imus, then lets get ABC, Disney, and the Bayer Corporation located in Robinson Township, Pennsylvania to dump another drunk from the airways. So he owned up. If I robbed a bank and then owned up, would I be let go??
Didn't this guy have a troubled youth? And wasn't he on medication? Twice the legal
limit and you people think it's okay because he owned up. He got caught! Would he
have used an electric saw while under the influance? Will you people be happy when
these drunks end up with a child on their hood.

Connie

Canada: Uh, she was invited and jumped at the chance. Family, friends and neighbors are always a part of the show. What crawled up your ass and died...Ty?

Nita

# 38 if that comment was for me, I dont think he should get away with anything! All I meant when I said he owned up to it was he has accepted that what he did was wrong. That is a very rare thing in hollywood. Im sure he will get in trouble, as he should. I have 3 children and I dont want drunks driving around either!

Sean Bresnahan

Do the details of his arrest seem a little sketchy and vague? Anyone know where exactly in Los Angeles he was stopped?

Howard is no Father or good Lawyer

#40 and #35 I guess I did mean you. I hope he loses his show, Sears sponsorship
and the Bayer commercial. And God bless the people on the road when these drunks are driving around. I can't afford a driver. I don't drink and drive. These rich b**ches
can afford drivers so there is no exccuse to be driving under the influance. I hope his
career is OVER.

SuperStarSteve

#41. I heard it was in Venice. .14, my my Ty, we were having so much fun we lost track of how in control we were. Hey, for all those who scream that "he could have killed someone" he didn't. Women putting on their make up while driving can kill someone. A retard who was given a license could kill someone. Someone so engrossed in their own cell phone conversation and comes to a dead stop on the street can kill someone. He made a mistake. He probably wasn't the only DUI arrest that night either. He made no excuses, he's not crying about it and calling the governator so WHAT!? He made a mistake people. He's paying the price as well. No second, third or forth times here. .14 means he was hammered and shouldn't have been behind the wheel but he didn't hit anyone so get off that stupid used up "wah wah" crap. If you lived in a town with no mass transit and a ton of nightlife, you'd probably get caught sooner or later too....unless you're a big fat ass on the computer all day/night long.

dollar

I find it interesting that in all the press (on the internet) Ty Pennington claims to be born in October 1965.....from the arrest document he is born in October 1964.

My, my.......how vanity affects even the mighty.

How hilarious!

FIJINATIVE007

TY PENNINGTON, HOW COULD YOU? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? I HOPE YOU GET HELP AND FAST. THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO LOOK UP AT YOU AND YOU HAVE LET THEM DOWN. YOU COULD HAVE KILLED SOMEONE OT HURT THEM.

PLEASE DON'T BECOME LIKE PARIS HILTON WHO HAS NO REGARD FOR ANYONE ELSE OTHER THAN HERSELF. (THAT PIG!). GET HELP ASAP. P-L-E-A-S-E - !!!!!!

linkj57

What he did was wrong. No doubt about that, but how many DUI drivers have faced the level of public humiliation this man has? In my town drunk drivers names are in the paper. So what? I don't know who they are anyway. They definately don't face the humiliation this man has. But he's a celebrity you say. So What? He is first a fellow human being that made a mistake. Ty is a person with feelings that feels terrible about what happened. Some say he's acting to save his job. Well hell yes, I would be kissing my bosses butt too to save my job from a DUI charge. What's the difference? What more do some of you want? He has apologized. He took responsibility for what he did. He will have his day in court. A judge will judge him. Not you or I. He will take whatever the outcome is. He will find out who his real friends are and he will be a stronger person. I believe he is sincere. I'm not going to turn my back on him for this. Keep strong Ty, we love you.

rdrgrl2007

At least he's not blaming the cops or everyone else unlike Paris Hilton. Ty has actually owned up to this and taking it like a man. Doesn't he have some kind of medical condition? I watched his show and I think he has some kind of form of Turettes Syndrom. I could be wrong.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments