General Lee eBay Bidder a Phony!

5/9/2007 6:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the $10 million man who bid on John Schneider's "General Lee" automobile has reneged on his bid to buy the famous ride.
General Lee
A source connected to the sale tells TMZ that the first deposit deadline for Mr. William Fisher, the winning bidder, was missed for making any type of formal payment arrangements with Schneider. He had originally been given seven days from the auction's close to work out the deal.

Schneider has since filed a "failure to pay" complaint with eBay and is currently meeting with attorneys to discuss "some sort of legal action."

A rep for Schneider tells TMZ, "John is looking into his options. We cannot calculate the point where legitimate bidders would have topped out if it were not for fraudulent bidding, but it seems to have been in the range of $5 million."

As for your shot at the General Lee, there's hope. The good thing to come out of this, says our source, is that auction houses across the country have contacted John for a chance to put the car up on blocks.

Coo coo coo!

sandman

I KNEW IT!!!!!

All you had to do to see it coming was to look up his eBay username and check out his buying/selling history and his "get to know me" discription.

He had an eBay history of less than 130-items (bought or sold), and he bought and sold $5 & $10.00 POCKET KNIVES!!!

That's it!!!

Fishbashr1 is his ebay username, and here is a hyperlink to his ebay feedback / ebay history INCLUDING the negative feedback that has now been entered for the false bidding on the car.

Check it out by simply copying and pasting into your 'go to address bar:

Thank you...

Troubled by all the mystery

This is getting out of hand on Ebay. When people buy stuff and DON'T PAY! This practice should be stopped by EBAY! They condone this practice. They know this goes on and they do nothing to stop these DEADBEATS, Especially NEW BIDDERS! Tired of Deadbeats!

who cares

That car is not worth a thing to me!!!! In my opinion, I find it sad that anyone would try to make so much off a car just because it was on a t.v. show. Honestly, I would not want the car myself. it is to gawdy. I bet it is a gas hog too. My advice, leave the guy some negative feedback and let it go. no big deal!!!!

Dawn

Let me ask how many of ya when you read he owned a website of knives clicked on his link? He got what he wanted.

ginasmanylives

Hate to say I told you so but check out what I said in the original TMZ story where they say the car sold. I said then, the sale would never go through. Someone does have an ORIGINAL "Dukes" car from the 80's show listed. He has the starting bid at $150K & no reserve. It did not sell and it was not a replica! This car is not worth anywhere near even $150K. John...... Do what the rest of us e-bayers do....... RE-LIST IT!!!! 1 neagative feedback never hurt anyone. He sells cheap junk anyway. THAT should have been a clue that he did not have 10 Million to buy a car. Legal action is as crazy as the bidding was!!!!!

Pat

A Law Suit? What makes John think he's going to collect money from a dead beat bidder who makes a living selling cheap knives on e-bay. Why not negotiate with the dead beat. Demand the listing fees be reimbursed and then move on. The guy has already killed his credibility on e-bay. Of course, he can always get a new e-mail address, a new pay pal account and a new e-bay user name. He's not going away. He has too many knives he's got to unload.

had

$10 million for fake "General Lee" :)

iHMB

www.ihatemyboss.com.au

If you hate your boss or you have a funny story about them, report it here! Start up the new cult trend ANONYMOUSLY reporting bad boss behaviour!

I hear naomi campbell’s ex-assistant has already left a post…

www.ihatemyboss.com.au
www.myspace.com/ihatemybossworldwide

anon

I find it amazing that anyone will win an auction just to blast the seller for non payment of another... Why do I have the feeling the two harassing the knife dealer with neg feedback, have no intention of honoring THEIR bids???

I also find it amazing that anyone cares that much... I noted another General Lee that was in the movie is up with a starting bid of $9,999.00... They will be coming out of the woodwork now, I think...

High profile auctions always bring out deadbeat bidders... As was pointed out earlier, bidders should have been screened prior to bidding. I have to wonder if there may have been some shill bidding on the part of the seller as well...

And I wonder if TMZ was "encouraged" to post the story in the first place by one of the parties involved...

what ashame

His ebay name is fishbashr1 and he sells items on ebay as well.
the fans are placing the winning bids on his items with no intention of paying and leaving him negative feedback with comments like " how does it feel " or " it's fun to bid on something and not pay for it"
so funny

What military are you in, #15?

Ebay isn't any different than any public place - you get all kinds of people in there, just looking for attention. I remember that wedding dress that "sold" for over a million - was also bid by fake bidders.

Perhaps Christies' or Barrett-Jackson could be a better place for You to sell them, John....

That's where the really famous people sell their stuff. LOL

There should be some sort of legal action, but for everyone who gets ripped off using Ebay, not just John.

rosie

41. You should see what John's fans are doing to the non paying bidder of the General Lee.
His ebay name is fishbashr1 and he sells items on ebay as well.
so funny

Posted at 8:05AM on May 10th 2007 by ha ha ha

WOW !!!!!!!!!!! Both of Johns fans are doing it.. Funny as hell

Marla

Yeah, I'm surprised too. You would think that such a piece of history would be treasured by 1, especially the 1 that it helped to make so popular. Why not put the car in a museum?? I'm sure people traveling to Dollywood would enjoy seeing the car in the "Dukes of Hazard" themed attraction there.

peytons mom

Funny...what does this Schneider do now? He must be hard up for some cash! a lawsuit-now that is really funny-all ebay sellers-you are now able to recoup your listing fees!

Mikco2002

What gets me is that there were a couple of dozen General Lees. this one is only unique because it wasn't destroyed in some insane jump, like most of them were. I remember when there was a cattle call for 69 Chargers because they totaled so many of them. This car isn't worth a penny more than 20 to 30 K.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments