"Idol" Censorship? P!nk Told to Change Lyrics

5/9/2007 2:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

P!nk"American Idol" may be able to tell their contestants what they can and can't sing, but they can't censor P!nk!

P!nk's pre-taped performance of her song "Who Knew" is scheduled to air tonight on "Idol" (after being bumped from the "Idol Gives Back" charity episode), but TMZ has learned that the pop star was originally set to sing her current racy hit, "U + Ur Hand."

We're told when the "Idol" powers-that-be realized the song made references to self-love, they asked P!nk to alter the lyrics to make them more appropriate for the "family-friendly" show. You know, like an exhumed Elvis! Well-placed sources tell TMZ that P!nk wasn't willing to compromise her artistic integrity (you go girl!) and agreed to sing her last single, "Who Knew," instead.

If "Idol" really wanted to protect audiences, there's only one person they should have censored -- Sanjaya!

An "Idol" rep had no comment. A call to P!nk's rep was not immediately returned.

the truth

Stink...er i mean Pink is a MAN baby!! Look at her un-sexy torso and you'll see why this is true!! Plus the fact that she's an idiot for sabataging her singing career, which isn't that big anyway. So you go man beast!! Keep singing your stupid songs. maybe TMZ will be following you to the local drug rehab near you. Say hi to Brittney on your way in. Ha! ha!

Whatareyoudoing?

Pink! I love ya. You do you.

ivy

Yeah, Pink doesn't have to bow down to nobody. Girl can definitely rock.

PEREZ HIVton

Mastrubation RULES! I love doing myself every day!Once my B/F caught me & he started jerking off too,it was hot!

JM

Keep it real, girlfriend!

Hal

Puke!

MamaMe

I can't believe anyone like this manly looking woman. She had the nerve to sing about other women and diss them. Why because they are girls and she is a boy/girl. Not attractive at all. Ugly and just don't know why she's still has a fans. She is too harsh kinda like Rosie O'Donnell to me.

butweiner

Pink is cool but she has an ugly torso!!!

Debra

I don't get your slam on Sanjaya....he sings as well if not better than Britney and she has done okay with her music sales....Let's have Brit and Sanjaya compete against each other on American Idol...we will see who su----.

MamaMe

Yea, What's up with that BOX BODY. Why does she wear stuff that people with a girl figure should only wear. Somebody should tell her not to show her stomach because she has no curves like a real woman.

She sould change he name to BOX BOY BODY GIRL

Idolwatcher

You go Pink. I love you! Screw AI, I wouldn't even grace their stage if I was Pink.

trish

Nice way to humiliate yourself "Jenn"..my god...

Cynic

#3 - Gee, thanks for sharing that. TOO MUCH INFORMATION!! Go diddle yourself.
I like Pink, but that nasal piercing looks like she has a huge booger hanging there!

Cynic

Jenn, go get laid or something. Your vulgarity is out of place.

Judith

Dear Pink,
As far as I am concerned," YOU RULE" do anything you want to.
This is your stage and your time.
They should be so "LUCKY."
You are the best.....
Beautiful Lady you go for it,,,,,

Judith