Why Did Cops

Detain Dupri?

5/9/2007 2:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ obtained video of a traffic stop yesterday in West Hollywood. It shows Jermaine Dupri in the back of an L.A. County Sheriff's car.

Dupri's Lamborghini was near the squad car, doors wide open. After a while, deputies let Dupri leave. It is unclear if Dupri, Janet Jackson's fiance, was cited for anything. It is also unclear why deputies detained him, and why they let him drive away.

We contacted the Sheriff's Dept. West Hollywood substation but the watch commander had no info on the stop.

Dupri's peeps did not return our calls.

ivy

JULIE AND BLAIR:

You talk a pretty good game, but you don't speak for ALL black men. I only date white women and that's because I prefer white women -- NOT because I want to mistreat someone. Get your facts straight.

Julia

No really!! My name is also Julie, and I am a white girl. I am enjoying ready "girl" and "starred_on". Thanks for laughs man!!!

NO NO NO

IT HAS BEEN PROVEN OVER AND OVER AGAIN THAT MINORITIES ARE STOPPED WAY MORE THEN WHITE PEOPLE !!!! PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. SOME PEOPLE DO USE THE RACE CARD WAY TOO MUCH....BUT SOMETIMES THEY ARE RIGHT!!!
THE ONLY WAY WE ARE GOING TO STOP RACISM IS FOR (SOME) WHITE PEOPLE TO OWN UP TO THEIR RACIST THOUGHTS AND ATITUDES TOWARDS BLACKS!!!!

ALL BLACK PEOPLE ARE NOT BAD.....BLAME THE PERSON NOT THE PEOPLE!!!!!

INSTITUTIONALIZE RACISM....IT'S IN OUR COURTS, IN OUR BANKS, IN OUR POLICE DEPARTS, ETC.

ivy

TO LITTLE GIRL:

ARE YOU THAT STUPID AND IGNORANT? MY ANCESTORS ARE FROM ENGLAND!!!!!!!!

GEEEEZUS. TAKE A HISTORY CLASS WILL YA!!!!!!

Fred Flintstoned

He got pulled over cuz he is bald headed.....its a shame that a bald-headed man can't drive a nice car these days and get pulled over... Jealous pigs

simonesdad2009

Race always gets everyone going on here. Can anyone tell me why? While it's true the only time I post here is on the racial stuff, it still amazes me how quickly the conversation deteriorates. We can't talk about race because we don't understand it. I'm black and proud and aware and educated. I don't blame everything bad that happens to me on race. I would, however, be foolish not to consider race when assessing certain situations. I think police issues fall squarely in the middle of those situations. It is fair to at least question the stop. When white people are pulled over they are thinking was I speeding? Did I go through a stop sign? Did I cut someone off? The last thing on their minds is race. For black people it is just the opposite. Race immediately comes to mind, fair or unfairly. I always tell white people, me trying to describe what it's like to be black is like a woman trying to describe to us men what it's like to be a woman. Words alone can not give you the full picture. Black people suffer little indignities everyday. Some are perceived or imagined but some are real. The hard part is determining which is which. Some of us rise above it and adapt coping mechanisms. Some of us, for whatever reason, have a harder time with it. Either way, until you go through it yourself it is very difficult to define.

I'm glad you were clean JD....

NO NO NO

# 96 I DID NOT BRING UP SLAVERY, I AM TALKING ABOUT MOVING FORWARD NOT BACKWARDS. JULIE AND BLAIR ARE IGNORANT ALSO AND JUST LASHING OUT BECAUSE THEY ARE HURT.

WE ALL NEED TO LOOK AT WHAT WE SAY ON THESE BLOGS ARE MAKE RACE RELATIONS WORSE AND TMZ IS SITTING BACK LAUGHING AT ALL THE HATE THEY ARE PROMOTING.

BLAME THE PERSON NOT THE PEOPLE!!!!!

RAPIST, ROBBERS, KILLERS, CHILD MOLESTERS COME IN ALL DIFFERENT RACES STOP HATING EACH OTHER PEOPLE

blair

Thank Arni!! Love ya!! and to the rest of you jealous people here's some advice: GET OVER IT!!! Blacks, Hispanics and Asians are here to stay!!!

itsbritneybitch

nyDIVA- while I will admit that white america does have racist thoughts-but Black America has them also but they will not admit to it- they would rather play the race card and slavery- Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are the biggest racists there is and they program into the black minds to blame the whites for everything and blame them for everything wrong with their lives. That is the TRUTH............

blair

IM WHITE AND IM EMBARRASED BY MY OWN PEOPLE. STOP IT!!

allison

blair sucks and she is mad that she is black

little girl

#104 THAT IS RIGHT BECAUSE WE HAVE THE SAME DADDY. ARE YOU MY SISTA

allison

little girl//// you are a dumb ass and proving to be your name

beautifulgirl

I am a beautiful black woman, & my best friend is a beautiful white woman. We get along & love each other like sisters. Matter of fact she IS my sister. There are black people that i think are ignorant pieces of ish, as well as white people. Just like some of you are crucifying Snoop, TMZ just printed a story about Tom Sizemore's meth addiction. It's not implausible to think Jermaine Dupri was being racially profiled, but it doesn't mean he was for sure.

When does the hate stop? All black women aren't ghetto whores, & all white women aren't easy sluts that want athletes.

Please stop allowing the media to dictate your intrepretation of other ENTIRE cultures people. We should be alot smarter than this.

Black people are portrayed in the media in negative ways. But so are Muslim & Middle Eastern people, and gays, and young women of all races.

Racial divides do nothing but distract the MIDDLE CLASS from the BIGGER PICTURE of classism. Just like crack invaded the ghettos in the 80's CRYSTAL METH is invading our suburbs.
If people banded together by what their similarities are instead of name calling about differences that are mere cultural misunderstandings, we could get alot further.

*one last thing, WHITE people, please don't be confused! AL SHARPTON & JESSE JACKSON DO NOT SPEAK 4 ALL BLACK PEOPLE*
thats like saying Ann Colter or Nancy Grace speak for all white people. Please people stop letting the MEDIA tell u who you are, or what other people are! They are trying 2 sell stories & advertising space!

ivy