Why Did Cops

Detain Dupri?

5/9/2007 2:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ obtained video of a traffic stop yesterday in West Hollywood. It shows Jermaine Dupri in the back of an L.A. County Sheriff's car.

Dupri's Lamborghini was near the squad car, doors wide open. After a while, deputies let Dupri leave. It is unclear if Dupri, Janet Jackson's fiance, was cited for anything. It is also unclear why deputies detained him, and why they let him drive away.

We contacted the Sheriff's Dept. West Hollywood substation but the watch commander had no info on the stop.

Dupri's peeps did not return our calls.

lana

who cares, they probably pulled him over for being black in a flashy car. they thought they wouldve found something but they didnt so they let him go......NEXT

ivy

I LOVE WHITE PEOPLE.

GET OVER IT.

Karen Walker

Hey TMZ, for deleting my comments, you can shine my shoes!

blair

It's so funny. Not all white people are bigots like this small handful of idiots. It's so funny to read this obvious brand of jealous hate. Oh well, guess I'll type it again:

GET OVER IT!!

ivy

TO Pure and Clean:

If you use curse words in your postings, TMZ automatically deletes those posts. I don't know if that applies to you but it's happened to me before.

Karen Walker

To Jess
I didn't use curse words, I just asked Blair to shine my shoes!

blair

LMAO!! Some people are just an embarrassment to society. No matter what color they are!!

blair

LMAO!! Some people are just a disgrace to society, no matter what color they are. But it's also very flattering to have me on your mind if you have to post posts with my name on it. THANK YOU!! KISSES!!

and i almost forgot:

GET OVER IT

I should be doing some work....

Many of you display your ignorance about being black in this country. People dont just "play the race card" for no reason (well, at least not ALL of the time)...oftentimes race is a HUGE motivating factor that prompts discriminatory treatment. It's why you can walk into a store and be considered a serious shopper, but when I walk in I am under surveillance. It's why I when I shop in the store I am asked where the fitting rooms are, when I am on the verge of earning my J.D.. It's why when I go to a nice restaurant I am seated by the kitchen and you get a great table. I can go on and on, but I wouldn't expect you to understand since you benefit from "white privilege" and you don't even know it. No, everything is not a black vs. white, but don't act like its not a factor at all just because YOU are not racist and you "have a black friend".

ivy

# 99:

BLAH BLAH BLAH

blair

i apologize for my insensitive comments to Julie and Blair. Im a stupid jerk and I dont know any better because im an idiot.

blair

This jealousy has me mentally ill. Someone help me please!!

Caribbean Goddess

You lucky s.o.b. for being with Janet Jackson. How in the hell did you get her J.P.? I have seen her on BET and she said that she loves to be called Strawberry in the bedroom. W

TammyS

Well, I can't believe we got the race thing going on again. Let me tell you all the real truth. I am a 49 year old white woman. In my 20's I had two kids that their dad would not support. I worked, but at one point the company I worked for went bankrupt. Before getting another job, I applied for and received one welfare check for $121.00. I was a single mother for 17 years, and that was the only assistance I ever drew. Well, when my State refund was due to come in the mail, I received a notice telling me that the government had seized my refund to pay back the welfare I had received. Now, let me tell you, the most discriminated against in America is the single white mother. We get nothing! and if we dare do get assistance (mind you I only got one month's help), they seize our money up and make us pay the government back. We could erase the national deficit if every black person who drew assistance had to pay back every penny they got. But that would be discrimination I'm sure. So when I hear the blacks whining about how hard they got it, I laugh. At least their's is really a free ride!

HitemUp

Since these cops probably don't listen to that rap crap music, they probably have no idea who this guy is. So they were taking precautions to make sure that a rich white guys lambo wasn't missing from Bel Air or anything like that.