Ellen --

'She's Gay?!'

5/11/2007 5:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

rosiemouth-1In a long video post on her blog, Rosie O'Donnell claims fellow out lesbian Ellen DeGeneres is not allowed to talk about anything "gay, gay gay!" on her daytime talk show. Mum's the L word?

In her video, Rosie claims Ellen signed a contract that forbids her to mention anything to do with gay issues, adding, "I talk about 'gay' because I like to and she doesn't talk about it because she doesn't want to or she can't."

TMZ contacted a rep for Telepictures, producers of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," who jokingly said "She's gay? Who knew?" The rep then added that this is completely untrue, and that they have no such contracts with any of their hosts, saying,"Ellen is free to talk about whatever she wants and we encourage her to do so."

On an episode this week, Ellen joked about being able to stand upright following her recent back injury, saying, "I'm not quite straight. Well, you know that."

In 1997, Ellen publicly came out of the closet in a groundbreaking episode of her ABC series, paving the way for hit gay-themed TV shows like "Will & Grace" and "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy."

TMZ is a joint venture between AOL and Telepictures, which produces "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."

jennyvegas

Somebody get Rosie a straight jacket already and put her in the looney bin. She should stop sticking her pudgy nose in everyone else's business, and put some of her effort into a weight loss plan. She is really ridiculous and is no doubt jealous of Ellen who is a good role model for the gay community!

Kaili

rosie is mad ,and it is funny.
im not a fan of gays,but even i don't mind ellen.
she is funny and rarely says anything about being gay.
rosie should get a clue and follow ellens lead.
rosie will attack anyone,she is like a rabid dog when she senses evil.
like the way she attacked kelly ripa months ago.
she insisted kelly was homophobic,even though kelly said she was not.

this is why lots of people hate her.

h

I love Ellen and really don't care for Rosie and I really think that Ellen can say what she wants so on this one Rosie,
just shut up.....

sully1

Ellen is great - funny and attractive. Ellen = class.

Rosie is vile - obnoxious and disgusting. Rosie = classless

A

Rosie needs to shut up already. Because of her I can't even stand the name Rosie anymore. That name to me stands for a obnoxious,egotistical,dingbat who is so full of herself. Maybe she ought to change her name to Thorny. The name Rosie is too good for her.

JLR

Hey Rosie, that is exactly why her show is so popular. This is why we love her. Why should she talk about her being gay or any of her friends, further any gay issues. We don't want to hear about hetrosexuals issues on a talk show, then why should we listen to gay issues. Ellen~ you're great, you're doing a fabulous job. I'm a straight woman, and I still think you are marvelous and very beautiful.

leelee

Rosie is positioning herself to get back into the talk show business - but first, she has to knock Ellen down a few pegs - JEALOUS - Ellen has a great talk show, she is personable, funny and genuine, AND she came out before Rosie did, she doesn't need to prove anything to anyone and if she doesn't want to talk about her relationship, she doesn't have to, gay or straight, it is her personal business and maybe she doesn't want to share that part of her life with everyone else, Maybe her relationship is special and she'd like to keep it private - As far as "gay issues", this isn't a news show, it is a talk show where celebrities come on, but to that point, didn't Ellen have TR Knight on right after his Isiah Washington mishap? He didn't go on the View, did he? I like how Rosie has to dictate how everyone should live their lives. AND CAN SHE PLEASE STOP WITH THE GD CONSPIRACY THEORIES, believe it or not everyone is not out to get you, We just don't give a damn.

Susan

I would love to be a good friend to Ellen. She sounds like the neatest person!

Shaka

The biggest difference between Rosie and Ellen is that Ellen has class..... something Rosie will never be able to buy.

TotallyFedUp

Like a lot of gay Americans, Ellen does not need the constant attention called to her being gay.......Rosie you are an embarassment to gay and even straight women everywhere.

cindy

Can't Rosie, Kathy, Lindsay, Britney and Parisite ALL be locked up together? My God, they get on my last nerve & that fat pig Rosie leads the parade. They should be bitch slapped. ALL of them! I say LINE THEM UP & lets kick ass!

tiredofit

Just because a person is gay doesn't mean that it's a constant topic of discussion. Being gay is a sexual preference just like being straight (which I am). Why does Rosie think that gay individuals have to talk about it all the time like she does. They are as normal as everyone else. When I get together with my gay male and female friends we don't talk about "gay this and gay that" we talk about work, family, etc. You know regular stuff anyone would talk about.

tba

Between Rosie or Trump, I don't know who sticks their nose into other people's business the most. I think O'donnell is trying to get the label "The most hated person in
America"

tba

Another thing, I would rather be reminded that Ellen is gay then the thought of Rosie being gay. It's really creepy to think another women would like to be with a naked Rosie.

Monkey

Hey look, I'm the QUEEN of Gossip and this was the case Ellen would have told me when I saw her at our kids end of semester parade. She knows I dish the dirt like nobodies business but I've always been good to her even when I was with the Enquirer and broke the Anne Heche story. Just because the show is Proctor and Gamble doesn't mean they have a muzzle on her. She once told me that her being gay wasn't all that interesting. As a matter of fact, sometimes it was a negative thing because some people focus too much on that, and she wants to just be known for being a succesful comedienne and talk show host, not just a lesbian.
So Rosie, relax!