Hilton's Shrink: Paris is a Wreck

5/15/2007 12:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris HiltonParis Hilton's delicate state of mind is keeping her out of the courtroom ... for now.

According to a declaration filed by Dr. Charles Sophy, a psychiatrist who has seen Paris "off and on" over the last six months, Hilton is "not capable of any meaningful participation" in a civil trial brought against her by diamond heiress Zeta Graff. In a $10 million lawsuit filed in 2005, Graff claims that Hilton spread "vicious lies" about her that were printed in the New York Post.

Paris' shrink claims that Hilton is "emotionally distraught and traumatized" from the May 4 hearing where she was sentenced to 45 days in jail for breaking probation in her DUI bust, and asked a judge to allow her sufficient time to recover. Paris HiltonIn the document, the head-doc goes on to explain that Hilton "Cannot effectively respond to examination as a witness or provide any significant input into her defense." In fact, Sophy claims that forcing Paris to participate on May 21 would "exacerbate her current mental condition." The horror!

As a result, the judge has postponed the trial date until August 22.

Calls to Hilton's rep were not immediately returned.

wish i had her money and my sense

I have been waiting for her to do the mental dance. It never suprises me how these little rich girls who never have had to work a day in their life or do without something to eat or wear can get out of what ever they do that is wrong . I guess they are taught that from the time they steal their first cookie out of the jar. As if Paris has ever eaten a cookie. What she eats isn't fattening! If this had been a poor person or and unknown person they would have either been ignored or sent to the jail doc. What bothers me is that she will never grow up or that she spawns and has another generation of little Parises who are taught they can do what ever and get by with it. I would rather have my sense and be poor than her money and reputation.

Ann

oh I wish everyone would leave the little rich bit*h alone and concetrate on the real issue of the f'ed up legal system!!!!!! How corrupted have they all become!!!!

Ann

Ann

Its the legal system we should all be doggin, I mean come on if you were in this situation and the cops said you could get out, you would take the break, yeah Paris is a little rich kid that will probably never learn the real values in life because of her fortune, but who the hell are we to judge, its the legal system in which we should be pointing our fingers, lets all look back at OJ, Robert Blake etc........come on guys get real!!

Ann

Annie

I've never liked Paris Hilton, although she does, at times, amuse me.
People, don't be so surprised...did you REALLY think she would do something responsible??
What we should do as citizens of this country is finally make the change so all can see....LETS TAKE THE BLINDFOLD OFF OF LADY JUSTICE'S EYES.
Because it is plain for us all, justice is NOT blind. If it would have been one of us, we'd be sitting in that jail for at least one year for violating probation - no, we wouldn't have gotten probation in the first place!!!
The legal system, especially in California, is a joke. The state of California should be embarrassed for the final straw that finally tore the blindfold off of the rest of America, as well as Lady Justice.

cousin jj

I'd be a wreck to if I had such blantant disreguard for other people and their feelings. It seems that maybe she might have a conscience. And I personally like to think that maybe she just feels guilty for being caught............PARIS< U SUCK!

lindaandemily

Hey Sophy and Paris,

Is Paris a Nut Job or is she giving you a hand job?

If you are not mentally well, then why are you out drinking and partying all the time!!!

Get some rest, and leave all of us alone. I am sick of seeing your face plastered all over the news and in the rags. I want to read about people that really make a difference in the world.

Uno

Whatever Paris's illness, medical or psychiatric condition was/is, the prison has medical facilities that she should have been kept in. If her condition is worse than the facility is able to handle she could have been sent to a hospital and when better returned to the prison.
Maybe she was having drug or alcohol withdrawal symptons.
This is a major injustice to the legal system, society and other inmates. SEND HER BACK TO PRISON!!!

Charlotte

poor little girl what about all those others that have to spend time in jail doing solitaire time she should be ashamed of herself oh never mind that after all she is paris hilton who thinks she is the queen of whatever.I think she had this planned from day one knowing what to do when she gets in there having hewr shrink visit how convencnt

LaurenD

The kindest thing she could do for all of us would be to find a secluded corner somewhere and quietly expire. I'm not buying these "convenient" mental problems; it's just so unnatural to expect anyone to accept that as an excuse to circumvent the judge's orders.

disgusted in canada

If you in the media would stop covering this cipher of a human being, she might just grow up - or go away! Don't you see "celebrity" - and I use the term loosely in her case - is her drug? Press attention is her Vicodin. Let's put a voluntary stop to ALL whatzerface coverage. Then see how long she lasts.

CanadianChick

Wow, wow, wow.... #1 I feel sorry for all my American friends... she's yours to claim. #2 For anyone who has ever suffered through a mental illness (chemical imbalance... depression, or whatever...)... this is a total joke - and a slap in the face to those who DO suffer. To use this as an 'excuse' to get a 'get out of jail free card'. Well, I'm just plain disgusted!
Paris... must be having the last laugh. Her parents are no better. As is the legal system.
If it were you or I... see the prison shrink, take a pill, deal with the situation, do your time, be an adult, etc, etc.
I'm still shaking my head over this situation.
Let's face it... 2 different sets of rules. The almighty dollar rules the day.

CA GIRL

IN ALL THE NEWS STORIES I HAVE NEVER HEARD IT ASKED, "WHY DOESN'T PARIS HAVE A DRIVER WHEN SHE KNOWS SHE WILL BE DRINKING??? DOES ANYONE KNOW THE ANSWER??

Diana

TO JOHN HENDRY: TO: John Hendry: Help us.

I too am an Evangelien. Left a cripple and disfigured with thousands of dollars of medical bills. Fought 5 years in the justice system. Saw the corruption destroying my life... it hurt worse than the 7 surgeries from the accident. I lost my hope... hope in justice, hope in lawyers, hope in judges, hope in insurance carries, hope..... I can't get it back and I can't get my legs back either. I won't write a long explanation, as I doubt you will even read it... but oh how I wish there was a way, those of us damaged like Evangelien, with similar circumstances... could fight. How can we fight? How can our story be told? Mine is a long one. A pitiful one......... like the story of Evangeline..... my life is forever destroyed by our justice system. I had the proof all along the way.... of how the corruption was working against me., all the way from a dirty police officer, to lawyers, to judges to insurance companies and back again it went. I am an educated fighter. I had all the proof, but it didn't matter at all. The "special person" mattered. The money the "special person" had mattered. I didn't mattre. Justice doesn't work.... not for the truly damaged in this judicial system, as long as a bribe can be set and a victim can be silenced. Help us.... please

Gayle Kuhn

2 words!!!! WHO CARES!!!!!
This world has better things to worry about....

pipeman

Every action has a reaction. If she is as mentally challanged as she would let us beleive, by not going to court on the slander case, and now getting out of jail, she should be placed in and mental institution or at the very least take her drivers license away forever, before she hurts herself and anyone else.