Hilton's Shrink: Paris is a Wreck

5/15/2007 12:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris HiltonParis Hilton's delicate state of mind is keeping her out of the courtroom ... for now.

According to a declaration filed by Dr. Charles Sophy, a psychiatrist who has seen Paris "off and on" over the last six months, Hilton is "not capable of any meaningful participation" in a civil trial brought against her by diamond heiress Zeta Graff. In a $10 million lawsuit filed in 2005, Graff claims that Hilton spread "vicious lies" about her that were printed in the New York Post.

Paris' shrink claims that Hilton is "emotionally distraught and traumatized" from the May 4 hearing where she was sentenced to 45 days in jail for breaking probation in her DUI bust, and asked a judge to allow her sufficient time to recover. Paris HiltonIn the document, the head-doc goes on to explain that Hilton "Cannot effectively respond to examination as a witness or provide any significant input into her defense." In fact, Sophy claims that forcing Paris to participate on May 21 would "exacerbate her current mental condition." The horror!

As a result, the judge has postponed the trial date until August 22.

Calls to Hilton's rep were not immediately returned.

Cindy

This chick is a piece of work.

I call bullshit

boo effing hoo- she could have avoided ALL OF THIS just by being a decent human being.

Peeps

Aww, poor little rich baby...what's wrong Paris...jail won't have soft toilet paper?

Cat

I THOUGHT YOU FIRST HAD TO HAVE A BRAIN TO HAVE ANYTHING "MENTAL" AFFECT YOU!

Chewi

I would think comments like this being posted on TMZ could put TMZ in a vulnerable position - or the psychiatrist who stated all of this 'information.' Seems like a serious breach of patient/physician confidentiality. Did Paris sign a waiver to have this information disclosed to the entire world? I could see disclosure on court documents, but not sure about a celebrity blog website.

Not a Paris fan, but yeesh...

I Agree........

Ahhhh poor baby. Ask me if I care!!!!

hello, it

Paris, grow up and do your time. Then try acting like an adult.

Chewi

I would like to state for the record that I think Paris Hilton is a douchebag tranny.

Thank you.
Chewi

PMW

Interesting, lets see.....
She can go shopping with mama and she is ok, she can ride her bike and she is ok, she can go out and party at night and she is ok. When did she become a basket case and now she is not ok?? Oh yeah, when she had to stand up and try to be an adult about something else that she just blew off because she can......

hello, it

Poster # 2, you are one sicke f_____!

SlappDaddy

This is why Paris Hilton is so roundly dis-liked, she's a spoiled little rich kid who has never had to deal with reality, until it hit her right in the mouth by a judge, now, like alot of rich people, she's trying to buy her way out by any means necessary. If I were a judge, I'd have donate her legal costs and fees, and fines to MADD, and do some kind of PSA against drunk driving. What's happening now is a joke!!

Sand In My Crack

Chewi you have just insulted douchebag trannys everywhere.

ME

I know people who have gone to jail for much longer than 45 days and they lived thru it. She acts like it's the end of the damn world. If she wasn't such a spoiled bitch she probably wouldn't have that much trouble in the clink. if she goes in there acting in her normal manner they'll tear her a new one. Of course, she might like that. Good luck loser.

Read

The date of the trial (defamation lawsuit) was postponed, not her report to jail date.

Boycott Hilton

WHEN WILL SHE STOP EMBARRASSING AMERICA...
YOU CAN HELP GET HER TO GO AWAY...