Hilton's Shrink: Paris is a Wreck

5/15/2007 12:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris HiltonParis Hilton's delicate state of mind is keeping her out of the courtroom ... for now.

According to a declaration filed by Dr. Charles Sophy, a psychiatrist who has seen Paris "off and on" over the last six months, Hilton is "not capable of any meaningful participation" in a civil trial brought against her by diamond heiress Zeta Graff. In a $10 million lawsuit filed in 2005, Graff claims that Hilton spread "vicious lies" about her that were printed in the New York Post.

Paris' shrink claims that Hilton is "emotionally distraught and traumatized" from the May 4 hearing where she was sentenced to 45 days in jail for breaking probation in her DUI bust, and asked a judge to allow her sufficient time to recover. Paris HiltonIn the document, the head-doc goes on to explain that Hilton "Cannot effectively respond to examination as a witness or provide any significant input into her defense." In fact, Sophy claims that forcing Paris to participate on May 21 would "exacerbate her current mental condition." The horror!

As a result, the judge has postponed the trial date until August 22.

Calls to Hilton's rep were not immediately returned.

butch

IT'S SO HARD BEING A SOCIAL PARASITE-----SIGH....

Lara

Perhaps Paris can get her gnarly feet fixed while in prison. I've never seen such ugly feet in my entire life - ever.

buddha00man

hahaha, i guess it sucks when you have to deal w/ reality!!!!

princess

Wow These Hilton's are too much. They have no morals, pride or any thing else. They think that their money will take care of everything. Didn't they ever learn what is right or wrong. How sad they were raised like this. THIS IS UNREAL HOW DOES SHE HAVE TIME TO PARTY AND TO HIT ALL THE RED CARPETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SICK OF READNG ABOUT THIS FAKE AND VERY STUPID FAMILY

Tracey

YES PARIS IS SPOILED AND IT WILL PROBABLY DO HER SOME GOOD MAYBE? I DONT THINK SHE WILL LEARN FROM THIS EITHER.

I USED TO STICK UP FOR HER BECAUSE I KNOW MOST PEOPLE ARE JEALOUS OF HER AND IM NOT.
BUT WHEN I HEARD HER SAY SUCH MEAN THINGS ABOUT PEOPLE THAT HAVE NO MONEY OR LIVE IN POOR NEIGHBOR HOODS, I THOUGHT WOW THIS GIRL IS DEFINATELY HAS NO CLUE OF THE REAL WORLD, AND HOW MEAN SHE IS TO TALK ABOUT THE POOR PEOPLE? I DONT HATE HER BUT SHE SHOUND BE A CELEBRITY SHE HAS NO TRUE HEART FOR PEOPLE SO WHY SHOULD THE PEOPLE LIKE HER?

thrown out

I bet she gets out of her 45 days in jail. The next time I pray to god that she does not kill someone, I don't understand why so many people feel sorry for her perhaps if she took her maid,cook and who ever else has the job of waiting on her hand and foot she might feel a little better about going to jail or maybe Bootcamp!

Connie

Oh, please. She's upset...not "traumatized"!

rminva

I'm traumatized from having to look at all of these "famous for nothing" celebu-spawns/trust fund babies that are out there!!

Tracey

YES PARIS IS SPOILED AND IT WILL PROBABLY DO HER SOME
GOOD MAYBE? I
DONT THINK SHE WILL LEARN FROM THIS EITHER. I USED TO STICK UP FOR
HER BECAUSE I KNOW MOST PEOPLE ARE JEALOUS OF HER AND IM NOT. BUT
WHEN I HEARD HER SAY SUCH MEAN THINGS ABOUT PEOPLE THAT HAVE NO MONEY
OR LIVE IN POOR NEIGHBOR HOODS, I THOUGHT WOW THIS GIRL IS DEFINATELY
HAS NO CLUE OF THE REAL WORLD, AND HOW MEAN SHE IS TO TALK ABOUT THE
POOR PEOPLE? I DONT HATE HER BUT SHE SHOUNDNT BE A CELEBRITY SHE HAS
NO TRUE HEART FOR PEOPLE SO WHY SHOULD THE PEOPLE LIKE HER?
----------------------------------------------

peytons mom

OH GIVE ME A BREAK-didnt she just say under oath that she doesnt do anything anyway-"her people" take care of everything and she listens to what they tell her to do-whatever this girl needs to face the music and be an adult-that means there are consequences to your stupid acts-whether it be driving drunk or spreading rumors about others-throw her in jail soon!

Chris

Paris is such a crybaby loser..she did all of this to herself. So NOT hot! The stupid bimbo needs to fade off into the woodwork, or better yet, do something useful in the world for once in her pathetic life. She won't, though. All she's good for is partying and doing really dumb things. I bet the Hilton family is proud..not!

DLC

Viva la Karma!

SP

Thank God she does not come to Canada (well, she might not even know where we are). The Hilton Hotels are in serious trouble. Sell your share because it is now guarranteed, the chain will go bankrupt with a psycho at the helm.

Cici

OK...so it appears that she struck out everywhere else - now the shrink defense?!

Doesn't that open up the door for the other side to bring in their own shrink to examine PH to determine whether or not she is "capable of any meaningful participation" ..... "in a civil trial brought against her by diamond heiress Zeta Graff. In a $10 million lawsuit filed in 2005, Graff claims that Hilton spread "vicious lies" about her that were printed in the New York Post. "*(TMZ)

Zeta's probably got witnesses lined up around a New York City block ready and eager to testify and give affidavits about those "vicious lies" Paris allegedly spread around about Zeta. Hope ol' Zeta cleans her clock and exposes PH for what she appears to be - PASTE.

What say ye Judge?