Jerry Falwell 1933 - 2007

5/15/2007 6:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Party 'till you die!

I know quite a lot of Christians and none of them have ever called for the death of people like gays ( like them or not, only Hitler types want to kill people like this). I think that practicing faith should be a personal decision between you, your family, and your god ( if you believe in a god). I am agnostic because I do not think that anyone really can prove it either way. But when you try to oppress people, be it Christian, atheists, or whatever, then you are subject to being called on it. I think that if JF never said such bad things, we wouldn't be having this discussion. I think he and those like him, give people of all beliefs a bad name!

married with children

What I thought an agnostic was, was one who didn't discount the possible existence of God, but didn't partically think he is involved in our lives. Is that how you think?

married with children

Sorry, I asked a follow-up question before reading your response. Your response is self-explanitory, and should have waited before posting again.

Party 'till you die!

Allen, my personal view is that I don't so much believe in a 'god' figure, but agnosticism does not say that these things don't exist. Some people think it is wishy washy, but I know what my views are and no one can tell me any different. I am also a Taoist. Taoism believes not in any particular god and is not a religion, but a way of looking at things. Taoism literally means ' The Path'. My Grand Master in Martial Arts was a born again Christian Taoist, because the beliefs are not incompatible. I respected that man Greatly! Heres a definition of agnostic:
agnostic |agˈnästik| noun a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God. adjective of or relating to agnostics or agnosticism. DERIVATIVES agnosticism |-təˌsizəm| noun ORIGIN mid 19th cent.: from a- 1 [not] + gnostic .

Here's Taoism:
Taoism |ˈdouˌizəm; ˈtou-| noun a Chinese philosophy based on the writings of Lao-tzu ( fl. 6th century bc), advocating humility and religious piety. The central concept and goal is the Tao, and its most important text is the Tao-te-Ching. Taoism has both a philosophical and a religious aspect. Philosophical Taoism emphasizes inner contemplation and mystical union with nature; wisdom, learning, and purposive action should be abandoned in favor of simplicity and wu-wei (nonaction, or letting things take their natural course). The religious aspect of Taoism developed later, c. 3rd century ad, incorporating certain Buddhist features and developing a monastic system.

This definition states it is religious, but being a student of it, I can say it isn't, at least in my opinion. There simply is no central god figure, but it doesn't preclude the existence of one. It's very philosophical in nature.

married with children

Taoism sounds good.

Party 'till you die!

Yeah Allen, that's pretty much how it goes. But then again, I kinda believe in some strange things too! I look at things like atoms and the shape of universes and cannot dispel that the 2 are very similar in nature. I believe that our solar system is an atom of sorts and is a continuation of something much larger, well beyond our comprehension. i believe that evolution is on the right track, but I think more will be added on later. I simply cannot believe that the world is only a couple of thousand years old. I find it is ridiculous, but a lot of people will differ w/ me! Check this out, it's about how old the Earth is age as formulated by science vs. what the creationist think it is:

Mr. Dawkins is HATED by creationist for his views! I think he's brilliant.

married with children

I am 60 yrs old and have heard of that , but didn't know what it was called. I would like it because it sounds like it also has discipline, and that appeals to me.

married with children

Oops! Just looked at the clock, and mine says 6:11 AM, and I have to run. Been good talking to you. Bless you now!

Party 'till you die!

No problem Allen, Taoism is very cool. It seeks balance of self and following the correct path. We all have separate journeys that essentially lead to the same place. Each path is different, depending on how 'interesting' you want your journey to be! In Chinese philosophy, there is a statement/curse about what is 'interesting'. They believe that all the 'Interesting' moments in time and life were filled w/ war, destruction, violence, and unrest. Not much history is focus on the happier times. If I'm mad at some one, I often tell them to have an interesting life/day! I think we are living in Very Interesting times!

Party 'till you die!

I strongly encourage you to check it out. It will NOT destroy your faith- at least I can't see how. I am into Martial Arts, so it just kind of goes w/ the territory. I am 41 BTW. If you want an ultra simplistic read, then check out : The Tao of Pooh ( as in Winney the Pooh), or the Te of Piglet. Don't buy these 2 books unless you really want to, because they are sometimes a bit too simplistic. But there are so many incredible books on it, especially Lao Tzu's. All pretty much say the same thing, because it is a simple concept, but it is Vast in its' understanding and reaches into the self.

Party 'till you die!

Have a Good Night Allen! I getting a bit tired too, but will be on for a bit more. Peace!

Party 'till you die!

Wow, no fighting! WTF is happening here? That was such a nice interchange that I thought i might be on the wrong site! G' nite! :-D

married with children

_Pandora-
Are you on this site today yet? Say hello to me if you are here, okay?

married with children

Della- I'm not Pandora, but I am here. So far, it seems quiet. I wonder if people are tired of posting, or if because it is the weekend, they are busy doing something else.

married with children

Never can tell, I guess. I can't post very long. I just got in from my nighttime job, but I wanted to say hello before going to bed. If you are on here when she gets on, will you tell her I was looking for her?