Britney Stops Wiggin' Out!

5/17/2007 10:51 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that Britney Spears' new long blond locks aren't a wig. Stop the presses! She has new extensions!

A stylist from Heavener Salon in Lake Forest, Calif., tells TMZ she spent two entire days setting, matching and dyeing extensions for Britney's short hair. Spears added several inches to her dome, which is still only about an inch long.

According to our source, Britney is scheduled for another touch-up in just a few days, but Britney won't be going to the Orange Country store to get the work done -- the store will go to Britney.

We caught up with the wigged-out star outside of Millennium Dance Studios on Tuesday, and assumed she had one of those blond wigs on -- but no! She's for real-ish!

This may mark the end of the quirky wigs, fedoras and cowgirl hats that have marked Brit's return to the public eye, but who knows, she could shave 'em off again tomorrow.

Moi

Why can't she just leave her natural hair alone and let it grow out healthy?
She needs to hire a stylist too, but hey it's her life not mine.

Lori

poor thing...she should leave the new growth alone..no bleach..color or extensions...She had a breakdown..........I actually feel sorry for her...she needed to go away with her kids for several months and just chill...before attempting a comeback...God Bless her and those kids..she had a bad upbringing she does not know how to be a good Mom...

Jason Elias

She should just have short hair and wait for it to grow out. Putting extensions on such short hair is totally ridiculous.

Robin Givens, Toronto, Canada

How did Britney get away to a hairstylist without you lowlives tracking her there??? Someone should be fired immediately. Doesn't TMZ usually know when Britney takes a crap or changes her tampon??

who cares?

looks like she's going BALD!! HA HA !! KOOK! FREAK! GO HOME FREAK-GIRL! GO HOME FREAK-GIRL!!!!

TJP

Um. Yikes. This is an improvement?

I TOLD YOU HOWARD IS THE ONLY ONE ACTING WITH DIGNITY IN THIS MESS

If I was Britney I would send somebody to kill Kevin Federline and just get over all this suffering and get her revange. Its simple as that. Go girl, America hate Fed-ex anyway nobody will cry for him except you and Shar Jackson.

Steph

I don't know what is worse, listening to her speak (with a very large hunk of gum in her mouth), or seeing her in mismatched tasteless clothes with ugly hats and terrible hair? This woman (child) is in desperate need of a stylist, a decent manager, an education, and a shrink. What a friggin' train wreck. Her mother should be shot!

Veteran, USAF

Own It Britney

I wish Brit had rocked her short brown hair! I think it would have looked hot.

Susan B

BRITNEY IS BEAUTIFUL no matter what..........please leave her alone.......she hasn't hurt anyone but herself. give her a chance to recover from some problems ie: divorce, post partum or whatever.

YOU PEOPLE ARE JUST EVIL I LOVE BRITNEY..... YOU GO GIRL!!!!

Anika

She looks like she is about to take a line off the window!!! I was really rooting for her, but she just keeps proving time after time that she's not worth the time. Sad really, to see someone who is so effing self destructive.

Mel

These stupid hollywood hags with their continuous supply of extensions. Would you selfish, self centered, one brain cell brats donate some money or hair to poor suffering children going through cancer treatments. And then get on your knees and thank the Lord it's not your child! Idiots!

charles

The reason Britney is still in the tabloids. Is because she is a woman who was way at the top and is now way at the bottom. And I dont think any other celebrity has been through that drastic of a situation. The last big celebrity before her was probably Madonna. I mean someone like Britney Spears only comes along once in a blue moon the only way that she will disappear is if another female celebrity comes along and takes her place and so far that hasn't happened yet. I dont think there will be another Britney Spears for a while so just get use to seeing her on all these websites she's not going away yet.

Lisa

Britney, hire me as your personal stylist. I'm being serious... You gained cool points for shaving your head, instantly lost them when trying to cover it up with cheap wigs and now hideous extensions. You always looked much much better without the extensions in my honest opinion. So just stop or else you'll continue in this downward spiral. Thank you.

CoCo

Wasn't she dealing with bald spots because of those extensions? She shaved her head, so this new hair is healthy and new! Why put the stress on it of tight extensions again? I was sort of looking forward to seeing her rock a short and spikey look, I think it would have looked great on her.

too bad - this just looks CHEAP when she could have looked somewhat classy.