Did Men's Fitness

Pump Up Andy Roddick?

5/18/2007 3:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0518_mens_fitness-1There's no denying that tennis champ Andy Roddick is in great shape, but do his head and new super-buff body match up on the cover of Men's Fitness? Advantage, Roddick!

The normally ripped but lean 24-year-old sports a pair of killer guns and diesel pecs on the cover of the mag's June/July issue that have some believing his pic was altered Kate Winslet style! In 2003, Winslet's British GQ cover photos were retouched to make her look thinner. Fault!

The question in Roddick's case is: Did they add more meat to his bones or is it just a case of the ol' cross the arms and press the biceps against the other arm trick? You know what we're talkin' about fellas! Whether due to a trainer or a photo editor, Andy sure does look good!

Calls to reps for Men's Fitness and Andy Roddick were not immediately returned. Game, set, match!

ATP

No way could Men's Fitness have run that huge "GET BIG ARMS!!!!" headline and then put Andy Roddick's real arms on the cover. Even Nadal's wouldn't have worked ... the way tennis players use their arm (and chest) muscles makes them long and ropey, not bulked up. I doubt that any male "health" mag has had an untouched photo on the front for at least 5 years. Some of them you can even see where the "abs" were painted or photoshopped on a guys shirtless toroso.

Catherine

LOL LOL LOL! This guy looks ridiculous! LOL LOL LMAO!

craven

they must have hired Beyonce's Photoshop guru...

Fred Flintstoned

Pure Comedy...hahahahahahaha..

WDS

LOL ... women's mags do this kind of altering all the time -- not great shock that a men's mag would do it as well ...

Doug

The stupid morons at the magazine. all they would have had to do was put his neck the same conjunction with is arms.. but even than gay men it's hard to tell.

david

Roddick's body was perfect the way it was: lean and fit, like every other active tennis player. They should have left it alone.

Suzy

Yeah, #6! I work in the graphic design industry. It probably was outsourced to India!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Chris

you would think they would have the skill to get a good body shot.I mean if there good at editing other pix why slump at this one,perhaps they had a rookie do this.but then again why would they publish it

WTH!

This is such a BAD JOB, why would he agree to this? I hope he didn't. Look how much BIGGER his right arm is than his left arm. Even from this angle you can tell it is waaay off. His head looks cartoony small compared to the rest of his body.

Lynn

That's completely fake. Advertisements' tricks, as usual...

Sean Bresnahan

You could put a chimpanzee on the cover and some moron from Twintits, Utah will gush, "OOOOOOOOOOOH, HE'S SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOT"!

Oberst

Hmmm...I'm pretty sure that's Roddick's body. If you'll check out the left and right forearms, his left forearm (and entire arm in general) is smaller than the right. This is from playing right hand dominant. That larger right forearm and bicep is what adds that much more force, pace and pop to his serves and forehand winners.

Easier to tell topless, though - his abs don't lineup because the left side gets crunched during the motion of his serve. When you practice serves as religiously as Roddick does, the abs aren't going to develop symmetrically.

samy

that's definitely not andy's body...his arms arent that big plus where's his birthday mark?

Altered

From Andy's official website.

"I spent the last few weeks in Austin really focused on my training and getting back into shape…but pretty sure I’m not as fit as the Men’s Fitness cover suggests…little did I know I have 22 inch guns and a disappearing birth mark on my right arm. I saw the cover for the first time when I landed after Rome…it was pretty funny…I walked by the newsstand in the airport and did a total double take …I can barely figure out how to work the red-eye tool on my digital camera…whoever did this has mad skills…maybe Rafael Nadal wants his arms back?…if you can manage to stop laughing at the cover long enough, check out the article inside, the photo shoot on the boat was pretty cool..and I recognize the person in those photos…"

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments