Nick Carter

Big Kahuna?

5/18/2007 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Apparently, the United Nations is giving out Ambassadorships to everyone and their Paris Hilton ex-lover!
Nick Carter
Former Backstreet Boy turned reality show joke Nick Carter has bizarrely been chosen to be the UN's Special Ambassador for the Year of the Dolphin. Sounds fishy! In his new role, Nick will work toward raising awareness of dolphins in the wild, and the threats to their conservation. Well, Angelina Jolie can't do it all!

Now the question remains: Who will save that other endangered species -- former boy banders?!!

Bette

He can raise my awareness anytime he likes!

Backstreet_Gurl

I love all the Backstreet Boys I think they are all super talented. I much prefer Nicks voice to JT , and as for saying they are over , thats laughable seeing as their last tour was in the top 100 grossing tours of that year ( I believe they came in at # 51 ) Whenever they release a record it doe's well in the charts ...however long a break they have taken , people look forward to hearing their music.
I really don't think you understand the magic that is BSB, their harmoies together are so tight,so perfect, it is indeed a joy to listen to them, and that's why people still love them, still support them....add to that their personalities and you have a force to be reckoned with.
They have a new album due out anytime , and again it will do amazing in the charts .I think BSB are here for the long haul, I think people will again be pleasently suprised at their new material.
I think Nick will do well in this area ,and will make an amazing ambassador, I believe in him and his ability to do this....The Ocean is his passion , and that is why he has the charity he doe's.....Well done Nick ~we're all so proud of you.

aSiF

Yeah, he's over the Year of the Tuna

West Coastian

Um, shouldn't he be involved with the Year of the Crabs instead?

who cares?

isn't this the guy who speaks like he's ghetto-rap star?

You Go California

Until I caught the Carter family show, I thought my family was dysfunctional. It amazes me how can people become famous when they are that dysfunctional? The whole family is nutso!

Whatareyoudoing?

Maybe he won't slap them around like he did Paris.

Dawn

O come on now please USA now can we get out of the un this just proves there idiots.

Kate

Nick has always lived and been happiest at the beach. Good for him! At least he's trying to do something positive. More than I can say for his exgirlfriend(s)! The weight loss looks good on him.

Respect4/1Self

Having the Carters for neighbors for years they did not show any respect for the water way behind their house! Then the little bro runs a ground in the Fla. Keys and does damage to the coral reef. WOW the UN is so SMART!!!!!!! Now Nick has a the right to help damage the rest of the water ways of the world I know he can take is little bro to show him how!

GetYourStoryStraight

Former Backstreet Boy?

FYI TMZ - The Boys are back! Actually, they never disbanded. They are working on a new album due to be released later this year.

Why is everyone so negative over someone who is trying to do something good?

My Two Cents

who really cares?????

Respect4/1Self

Hey #11 I see you dropped out of school. Wow at least the fan base of BSB has hit the bottom of the sea!!!!

Glisten Garbor

Good for him! That's a very nice thing to do..Cya next season Nick on 'Dancing with the Stars'..

Amy Silverman