Joe Francis to Candy: Back Off!!!

5/19/2007 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joe Francis has fired back at Candy Spelling for the open letter posted this morning on TMZ. Francis is currently in Federal custody. Spelling's letter was read to Francis this morning by phone. Francis tells TMZ he wrote the response himself.

Dear Candy:

I don't know you, I have never met you and I don't know anything about you. After reading your letter posted on the internet, my mental picture of you is of a lonely old woman living in a mansion in Holmby Hills with let's say 300 cats jumping around, some in their own feces.

I have tried to think to myself what would compel a woman such as yourself to write a letter to someone they have never met? Even worse, you are making up your mind based on headlines. I can understand you writing Paris Hilton a letter out of care because as you said in your letter, you have known her most of her life. Then again, it's sad and pathetic you had the audacity to post that letter on the internet instead of just sending it to Paris personally.

Candy, you don't know any of the facts concerning my situation. I am a hardworking, compassionate and honest person. I will prevail just as I have in the past because overcoming adversity is not only a part of the entrepreneurial experience but a part of life. You should appreciate this and know this more than anyone and I am ashamed of you for forgetting how hard it is to make it in this world and the people who would love to tear you down because you have. Sadly, it appears you have become one of those people.

Contrary to what you have said in your letter, my world has not changed. My business Girls Gone Wild is thriving and posted record sales last month. Most important, my friends and my family (I love you guys....) have stood by me. This whole situation will be over soon and I will be standing strong.

I have never played a victim but I have always been a fighter. I will ultimately prevail in the matters at hand but I am concerned that you will die a lonely and unfulfilled person playing with those cats and posting open letters to people you have never met on the internet.

Sincerely,

Joe Francis

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15

Terry

April - Joe Francis has been formally charged with one count of misdemeanor sexual battery, Los Angeles City Attorney spokesman Frank Mateljan

The charge stems from an incident at a Hollywood birthday party in January where Francis was allegedly seen touching an 18-year-old on her breast, buttocks and inner thigh. The charges allege that Francis touched the woman 10 times even after repeatedly being asked to stop, Mateljan said. The woman later filed a police report.

If convicted, the Girls Gone Wild producer faces six months in county jail and/or a $2,000 fine. His arraignment is set for May 22.

Francis is currently serving a 35-day jail sentence in Florida, stemming from a contempt of court charge.

The producer separately faces up to 10 years in prison and $500,000 in fines if convicted on tax evasion charges filed on April 11 in Nevada.

The day after those federal charges were filed, Francis was also charged with bribing a public servant, three counts of possessing a controlled substance and five counts of introducing contraband into a detention facility.

He faces up to five years in prison on the latter counts.

Francis's rep Kevin Mercuri had no comment

Britney is CRAZY!

He is "hardworking, compassionate and HONEST"? Yeah right - - he is a sleeze ball who is getting exactly what he deserves.

Am I the only one that thinks Joe & Britney Spears would make the perfect couple??

SA

No doubt Candy Spelling wrote those letters and sent them straightaway to TMZ. She has Aaron's money, don't you think she would sue or it would be retracted with an apology if she weren't the author? Her name is being used, after all.
Speaking of used...
Candy (nice name btw, I suppose Buffy was taken at the time of your birth) hasn't your son Randy come out and made public statements about taking Paris Hilton's virginity?
Something about them b eing in a hotel and her parents looking for her? Her running across a field?
I may be mistaken and I don't feel like looking it up but since you frequent this site to the point that you CC them every thought in your judgemental head, I thought I would ask.
Why didn't you advise Tori against getting breast augmentation while she was still a teenager? Do you look upon this person you and your husband created in love with pride now? Why didn't you lend her the support a mom should, instead of leaving it up to some doctor?
As far as Joe Francis goes, he's gross. As far as Paris goes..gross.
Yet riding on the coattails of gross to try and seem superior only ends with you swimming through the sewers.
Have fun with that Candy.
And call your daughter.
Call your son.

While you're at it, buy both of them a huge gift certificate full of self esteem. Because hey, if you can't provide it, money works, right?

You're Killing Me Larry

This is a strangely articulate letter coming from a functionally illiterate party animal from Laguna Beach who's definition of "entrepreneurial experience" has, at its genesis, getting intoxicated girls to show their racks. Candy Spelling is only a notch higher on the nobility scale so perhaps we can lock them BOTH up and watch the fun.

Justaguy

Stop being haters! Francis could have slammed Candy far worse. He obviously took the high road. That alone speaks to character.

I call bullshit

Joe Francis, honest.....? that is hilarious considering he is going to be indicted for MAJOR TAX FRAUD.......

I call bullshit

...Joe sure does look like some dumb-ass in that mug shot of his, he looks like someone who eats his own boogers.

Barb

Joe Francis is in the same category as Flint, Gootchini and Hefner. They are all sleezballs. The public bottom-feeders of society. The contribute to the breakdown of this nation.

omggggggggggg2

and what exactly is it of this old ex-stewardess' buisness to be writing these "open letter's"? I'm glad he fired back. I don't get why whe didn't send Paris that alleged letter privately either if she knew her from a young age, but that's what you get i guess. Mind your own buisness Candy....go shopping or wrap your presents or stare at your dolls.......funny how the so called "wealthy Hollywood" are getting more crazy by the day. Perhaps there is a "Candy Spelling" reality show about to come out soon and this is her only hope in hell of getting free publicity.
Yo Can Can.....use your efforts an Dina Lohan and write her a letter about parenting skills before her kid is dead or in jail....i think it's called an "INTERVENTION" instead of your "look at where your concicences have landed you" letter, but what do i know, i was never a Stew that married for money and had two ugly ungrateful children, as you did.

Whatareyoudoing?

Do you swallow, Joe?

Oh good one you are so tied-down and so miserable

210-Fortune teller

come on people change jobs if they are not making enough money to pay the bills

Do not envy her,

Iam sure you'll hit the skids soon if you do not change jobs, your business is down.

Oh good one you are so tied-down and so miserable

Francis,

your next mental picture will be where the 300 cats you saw and some in their own feces are coming down to jail to curse you with Black boots and black capes.

Oh good one you are so tied-down and so miserable