Joe Francis to Candy: Back Off!!!

5/19/2007 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joe Francis has fired back at Candy Spelling for the open letter posted this morning on TMZ. Francis is currently in Federal custody. Spelling's letter was read to Francis this morning by phone. Francis tells TMZ he wrote the response himself.

Dear Candy:

I don't know you, I have never met you and I don't know anything about you. After reading your letter posted on the internet, my mental picture of you is of a lonely old woman living in a mansion in Holmby Hills with let's say 300 cats jumping around, some in their own feces.

I have tried to think to myself what would compel a woman such as yourself to write a letter to someone they have never met? Even worse, you are making up your mind based on headlines. I can understand you writing Paris Hilton a letter out of care because as you said in your letter, you have known her most of her life. Then again, it's sad and pathetic you had the audacity to post that letter on the internet instead of just sending it to Paris personally.

Candy, you don't know any of the facts concerning my situation. I am a hardworking, compassionate and honest person. I will prevail just as I have in the past because overcoming adversity is not only a part of the entrepreneurial experience but a part of life. You should appreciate this and know this more than anyone and I am ashamed of you for forgetting how hard it is to make it in this world and the people who would love to tear you down because you have. Sadly, it appears you have become one of those people.

Contrary to what you have said in your letter, my world has not changed. My business Girls Gone Wild is thriving and posted record sales last month. Most important, my friends and my family (I love you guys....) have stood by me. This whole situation will be over soon and I will be standing strong.

I have never played a victim but I have always been a fighter. I will ultimately prevail in the matters at hand but I am concerned that you will die a lonely and unfulfilled person playing with those cats and posting open letters to people you have never met on the internet.

Sincerely,

Joe Francis

princess

Wow Nicely done and too the point. He is right when does this women have the time, and maybe just maybe she should listen and take his advise. Candy why don't you just take care of your own family , and help out your own daugher instead of trying to play Dear Abby with other people.

Tasha

To #1: I was wondering the same thing, do they have dsl in your jail cell? He must have dictated this letter to his lawyer or something if he wrote it at all.

they're so narcissistic

Yeah, he wrote this letter on his computer, posted it on the internet and then went for a leisurely Saturday lunch and drive along the coast before returning to his cell for the night.

Karen

TMZ is playing a not so ethical game here. It's obvious that they sent Joe's attorney Candy's letter prior to its posting and were ready with a reply as soon as they put her letter up. My question is: who is this bitch to advise anyone. Didn't she just have a several years very public fight with her daughter? She needs to shut up. DON'T BUY HER DAMNED BOOK.

how sad

I live on the west coast and I got on the computer around mid-night last night and
Candy's letter was already posted. There was more than enough time for Joe's
lawyer's or friends & family to tell him about this story. I think that his lawyers
probably got this letter to TMZ.

You've got to admit...Joe made some good points in his letter.

kelly

SOme of you have no brain cells.. don't you think his attorney can print the letter out and get it to him ?? LOL.. unreal.. no, county jails don't have PC .. must be a lot of 7 yr olds reading TMZ.. shame on the parents !!

PAMELA TURNER

OH JOE, YOU ARE SO ARROGANT, WHICH IS WHY YOU ARE IN JAIL WAITING FOR PROCEEDS FROM YOUR STUPID EXPLOTATION OF WOMEN WHILE THE FABULOUS CANDY SPELLING SITS IN HER MANSION WITH CATS OR DOGS OR WHATEVER, YOU ARE BEHIND BARS YOU DOODOO AND SHE IS NOT, SO GET OVER YOUR DUMB SELF ..... I PERSONALLY CAN'T STAND WHAT YOU DO TO WOMEN.

Beatles

Guess society will have to wait until a verdict is handed down to see who is right?

Innocent 'till proven guilty - verses- Headlines and Public opinion, strikes again.

truth be told

It's true. Who the hell does she think she is? The White Oprah? That's Dina Hohan! She should worry about mending ties with Tori and cleaning up after those cats!!! No one wants to hear from her decrepit ass and go crawl back into that man lonely old mansion that she manipulated her dying husband into passing over to her and cutting out his own kids.. She's despicable!

don quixote

I have to admit: I think a little more highly of Joe Francis now, after reading this (assuming that he really wrote it).

While Candy is so right on in principle (Francis makes his money off of exploiting people's insecurities and is basically an entreprenurial scuzz), her methods are presumptuous and preachy. Who is she?... the self-appointed karma police or universal conscience?

I agree with Francis about her letter to Paris, and his letter is succinct and clear without being preachy, even if, in practice, he's not as cool as his letter sounds.

Frankie_Goes_To_Hollywood

"I am a hardworking, compassionate and honest person. I will prevail just as I have in the past because overcoming adversity is not only a part of the entrepreneurial experience but a part of life."

Sorry, I just LOL'd over this part of the letter. He's such sleaze.

What Goes Aound Comes Around

To Joe Francis,

You make your living off of pathetic, lonely people looking for any attention they can get by taking their clothes off, and various other really sad behavior. Some day you will have to answer to the ultimate authority for your behavior and you willl have no audience to cheer for you.

I pity you.

they're so narcissistic

You're the idiot with no brain cells. No, you're probably right. One of his lawyers, while reading TMZ this morning, saw the article, drove right down to the penitentiary, took a pad and paper to record his response to this all-important matter and then fired it right off to TMZ. That's why they get paid the big bucks!

how sad

Yes!!! This is getting good. I can't wait for Candy's rebuttal letter.

Maybe this will force her to try to talk to him in person or over the phone.
LMAO!

Tasha

His attorney obviously wrote it with his input!!!