General Lee Conquers Las Vegas

5/21/2007 2:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The General Lee made a visit to Las Vegas this weekend, but the car isn't drawing a lot of bidders in its eBay auction -- none so far, in fact -- and the auction closes May 29.

"Dukes of Hazzard" star John Schneider, still a hottie at 53, escorted the car to Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, where they're making a pre-auction appearance -- perhaps the final one before the car sells ... hopefully for real this time!

The car went back on the block last week, but so far, the $100,000 starting price hasn't had a nibble. The car had gotten a bid of nearly $10 million in a previous auction, but the bidder flaked.

joe

CASINO OWNERS ARE MISSING THE BOAT OR THE CAR TO BE ACCURATE. THIS CAR WOULD BE A GREAT ADDITION TO THE ENTRANCE TO A CASINO . MAYBE MORE INTERESTING THEN MADONNAS SHOES THAT ARE IN THE HARDROCK IN FLA

BlackBerry03

I dont like that car

caveman

better bid fast before boss hogg gets his mitts on it.

he'd love to rub that in those ol duke boys face

dude

If it has not sold by now, it won't.

Hmm

Wonder why the header states 100% of the sale price goes to charity...then they say at the end only 5% will ACTUALLY go to charity?

Seems kind of fishy to me.

Peeps

Yes, John is still a hottie at 53. I can't believe he hasn't been on t.v. shows over the years! The only thing I've seen him on was Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.

dahoss

I doubt thats the original. The original used in all the chases took a lot of wear and tear in those high speed chases and would be alot more beat up.

kima1028

Yes, he's still got it! But please get a clue people - #5 He has been on TV recently. He played Clark Kent's father on "Smallville" for several years.
And #6 That's one of the original cars that he has personally owned since the show. They used ~ 30 cars during the shows production.

rosie

who was the " FOOL " that valued the car at 3 to 4 million ?

Nancy

Scuse me . I worked on DUKES and there were a LOT more than 30 cars . might want to add another ZERO there .. they wrecked at LEAST one a day if not 4 .. I have NO clue why John thinks that car, NOT from the series is worth as much as he thinks it is .. As I said on another page .. Perhaps Jay Leno would be interested . but I tend to doubt it .. it was the cheapest car (then) we could find . had to fix it all up . engine.. paint it .. AND in original auction there was something about 'money being used for movie about the car?' .. now it is screwed up again AND . JOHN..NO bids you can revise title .. everything there .. I do NOT know what happened to the nice young man I met back in '78 when we worked together . I am hopeful you have NOT changed .. I saw you last at an autograph show as you 'checked it out' . .now you are buying a new Ferrari or a car? .. what happened to the 'movie' ? . .I am VERY confused .. so is WarnerBros Transpo .

As I said before .. Best of luck

Nancy
Production Coordinator DUKES 1st year & other times when needed .

John

53?........ damn, I'd still do him.

common sence

YOUR STILL BEAUTIFUL TO ME,!! JOHNNY BOY

Virginia

I live in a small town in Texas. There are several of these cars running around here, No, they were not used in the Dukes of hazzard TV show. But from my understanding these cars are worth no more that $3000.00 THey are not that attractive, (I think the Dukes car is ugly) and the beginning auction price is ridiculous. If this car has been up for auction in Vegas with no bidders, you can bet something unusual is happening: people are actaully being smart for a change.

Quiet

Did Britney spears's million dolllar shaved off hair sell at the hair salons auction in March?