Eve to Judge: I Didn't Drive Drunk!

5/22/2007 6:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that rapperista/actress Eve has pleaded not guilty to driving under the influence during her infamous Maserati crash on Hollywood Blvd. last month.
Eve
An attorney for Eve entered the plea for the superstar, who was not present in the Los Angeles courtroom -- the same courtroom where Paris Hilton was sentenced to 45 days in jail.

As TMZ first reported, Eve was handcuffed and arrested on April 26, after cops say she crashed her gold Maserati into a center divider around 2:45 AM. Police sources told TMZ that Eve's blood alcohol level was "double the legal limit." After Eve was placed behind bars, actor Sean Penn rolled by her cell to "see how she was doing."

Eve is due back in court on June 28.

kiwi

I think that Eve should have to do her time and Paris ass too. Now you know, if this was just some regular common person like you or me, they would have locked us up and threw away the key. I can't believe some of the things you can get away with when you're famous. Damn, I wish I had it that good. Money talks!!!!

Karen

"superstar"
??????????????????????????????

Peeps

I wonder why she wants to look so stupid by lying about it?

Paul

Another rapping retard.

brown recluse

OK TMZ...I SEE HOW YOU DO-SWITCHING BLOGS AND ##S UP! THAT IS NOOOT THE ORIGINAL ##12! AND MY POSTS WERE DELETED OFF ALSO! SCREW THE FOLKS AT TMZ.COM! ALL YOU DO IS PUT PEOPLE OUT THERE TO GET BASHED!!!!! HOW CONVIENT THAT THERE WOULD BE ANOTHER POST ON HERE THAT SAYS THE ALMOST THE SAME THING. BUT THAT'S NOT THE SAME POST! DO YOU HAVE PEOPLE THAT LOG ON AND MAKE REMARKS SO YOU CAN SWITCH THEM AROUND AND DELETE EVERYBODY ELSES'?-------YOU SUCK!

stephanie

What a shock, NOT!!!! Uh, officer, I swear I only had 2. Why are all the rich people so damn stupid? I mean they hav enough money 2 be driven everywhere they go, but no they insist on driving drunk, on drugs and anything else under the sun. There should be a law passed that if your iq is not above 50 u should not be allowed to have money or a driver's license.

Mattie

Why is #12 so very angry? Maybe they should stop reading this "Trash". Anyway, Eve has her problems. Come on home to Philly darlin'.

andrea

# 12 what in the world is wrong with you. You are angry and insulting people is not going to make the pain go away. Damn do you need a hug?

concerned citizen

I think it would have been better " no contest " and do community service and probation instead of taking a chance on the " not guilty " plea. Dumb move by your attorney.

The world does not need another Paris Hilton. Admit your wrong doing and take the consequences with class.

paralegal

I am a paralegal for a DWI attorney. The process is the same everytime. On arrignment date plead not guilty, waive your clients appearance, and set a trial date. Same thing everytime. These people are not getting special treatment that is the way the system works. If you plead guilty on your arrignment date you are just screwed. There could be an error that could get your client off. The longer you put off going to trial the better, because it could even be dismissed with some crafty lawyer type skills.

Rachel

Izzy

sorry, but Paris I DOUBT was handcuffed as Eve was. Does that lady look like she could fight off a cop? I am white and I clearly see the double standard here of treating black arrests way different than whites. Where are Mel Gibson's cuffed pics? Paris's? Think paparazzi wouldnt be there in minutes? Both were in Hollywood/Malibu area.

Yes driving drunk is stupid and should be punished, but I think the arrest treatment obviously shows the very well known standard that blacks are arrested more per capita than whites for the same crime.

brown recluse

thank you #35! there is somewhat of an " extra precaution" procedure going on. I would say that perhaps a sterotype toward this particular individual. She is a black female rapper. It's being said Hip Hop /rap is a problem in the society. She is/was a "RUFF RYDER" and they were a notorious group as well. The arresting officers' are told to do this to avoid "conflict" and to make sure the person doesn't get out of hand.blak people even say"it's the only time the WHITE MAN can put us back in bondage" I have heard it many many times. Is there truth to that statement? I have been arrested before-I was 15 yrs old-vandalism and disrderly conduct.Known gang-relations and I wasn't put in cuffs. I wasn't treated hateful! BUT- if you go in acting like a real ass-you are asking for it!!! That's any color! Was she acting irrate? Was she screaming and yelling profanities to everyone out there? YES-there is a difference in the Procedure.

CL

liar,liar pants on fire

U.S.C.

Loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least admit it you skank.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments