McConaughey: Method Actor?

5/22/2007 1:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matthew McConaughey was performing some kind of island ritual while shooting his upcoming movie, "Surfer Dude." Or was he?

McConaughey was spotted at Malibu beach yesterday ... covered in mud, prancing around while carrying a couple of giant palm leaves and strutting like a chicken.

Or as Matt likes to call it "Monday morning."

Tusweca

Did anyone stop to think that McConauhey pulled one on the paparazzi? These 'media vultures' are always intruding on the lives of celebs. Look how they have treated Ms Spears, Paris Hilton and all the rest. Most ridiculous behavior I have seen in a long time. I have had some experience with the 'media' and they will hound you to death and don't give a damn about your own personal well being, just as long as they get the story or the pics and the greenbacks in their pockets.

del

Oh, if I had the wings of an angel, over these prison walls I would fly.

Brian

Right on, M Mac...your just fine, got your "sitter" with you, can't get hurt on anything but sand, rehersing for the scenes that will make "Surfer Dude" a hit.

Matthew is one of the finer actors, well chiselled and cut for the part, he'll do just fine.
Can really deliver his line in a most believable way.

Matt, more scripts are on their way, for your approval...DUDE!

aphrodite

Ok, yeah he is hot and stuff, but so is Tom Cruise and he is weird and freaky...like as in CULT leader or something weird! LOL. I would be laughing too hard to do him if he was doing that dance in front of me! :) Oh #14...he does WEAR deodorant...he MAKES his own...i know it doesn't make it better, but at least he is wearing it. LOL>

Vivi

I think he is kinda cute. Really hope he isn't gay.

Kelsey

I don't think there's anything to say to this.

Laura

Oh leave him alone. If this was an 8 year old doing the same thing you would laugh and think how cute it was and admire the kid for is great imagination and ability to entertain himself. If he wasnt on drugs (which I admit seems likely) then I have to admire him for actually saying screw what the public thinks (he knows he is always being taped) and just being silly for awhile! I've felt like doing silly things myself before but haven't because I didn't want to look crazy in front of people- Matt must just figure he's already got a rep for being weird so why not take advantage of it?

Patrick

Matthew's new movie is a sequel to Kevin Costners hit movie : Dances with Chickens

Keith

Can you say SHROOMS BABY!!!

HE WAS TRIPPING HIS ASS OFF, WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!

J. H. Christ

...you know... I'll betcha it's a mystical fertility dance... ('cause watching him perform it kinda got me horny!! HaHa)

Greg

Like this is anything new for TMZ. I must admit it is better video footage at least compared to most of the lousy crap they post. But come on now folks, the media has followed this man to the point it is absurd. I'm sure if he farted they could tell him what he had for dinner. He has been doing weird stuff for quite a while now. Why? Because these media whores will not leave him alone. He has made it very clear he was going to gie them something to look at if they were going to continually stalk him and that is exactly what he is doing. God people get a life and leave the damn man alone! I think it's past time for TMZ to get a new topic.

nanette

I don't care.........no shirt, no deoderant, he's HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindabob99

Looks like he is doing some sort of ritual dance praying to the ocean Gods. Regardless, I wish I had his money so all I wanted do is run around like a peaceful soul and dance the dance of the chicken.

Sarah

It looks like he got a hold of some great weed...

Lorie W

He is just a person, just like us all......cant ya just be stupid sometimes. who cares...it as funny!!!!