McConaughey: Method Actor?

5/22/2007 1:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matthew McConaughey was performing some kind of island ritual while shooting his upcoming movie, "Surfer Dude." Or was he?

McConaughey was spotted at Malibu beach yesterday ... covered in mud, prancing around while carrying a couple of giant palm leaves and strutting like a chicken.

Or as Matt likes to call it "Monday morning."

Weldo J Melvin

Come on guys, it's so obvious. He is putting a show on for you and the cameras. Now get some ball bearings and some 3-in one oil and wash those windows. There's gook all over those things. :-)

Jayson

I don't see anything wrong with his behavior, whether it be for a movie or not..then again, apparently I'm not the most normal person.

Sydnie

.......... Maybe he was possessed.

mike from omaha

Of all the people who really know him I've never heard ANY of them bash him. To the contrary they all seem to genuinely like and respect him. So I don't care if he's "chicken dancing" on the beach or bare ass naked playin the bongos & smokin a joint, he's cool by me. And to all you people who can never just let go and do whatever it is that makes you happy because you're afraid somebody will think you're "weird", guess what.....somebody already does.

Cris

This is Matthew . This is Matthew McConaughy on drugs.

PAT

Mathew doesn't have to do anything special. Just sit there and let me look at him and listen to him talk. LOVE HIM!

Lulu

I just don't get the allure. I don't find him the least bit attractive. On the other hand, I like someone who is his own nutty self. Clearly, he is that!

synnamin

Mathew...please work with the drugs....if you fight them none of us win trust me on that

dal

I dont know what kind of drugs he's on but i wouldn't mind some..lol

Fredo Bonzo

Last time I did that dance on the beach I got arrested...@$@$!$! Hollywood!

macawe

Who cares what he was doing or why? Perhaps he was messing with a member of the stalkerazzi, the people who stalk, harass, and even endanger the lives of celebrities and even innocent civilians who may be in their way. Why don't they get out from hiding behind the palm trees and get a respectable job.

It didn't seem that he was bothering anyone, so he should be left alone to enjoy himself in any manner that he chooses. Everyone should be allowed to live life on their own terms as long as they aren't infringing on the rights of others.

One more question, why do people seem to enjoy tearing people down and shaming them or embarrassing them, rather than encouraging them and showering them with praise?

dee

Matt is a total idiot and i am one of those girls who think, YUCK!!!!!! Now he is YUCK and WEIRDO!!!!!!!

babashi

I find him to be so cheeeesy . He is worst than bad Cheddar cheese! That accent ! ewww! He is not attractive and does NOT have a surfer spirit . Surfers are beautiful and spiritual.. Not sure who has picked him to play a surfer . He is nothing but a LUSH!

Holly

Mmmmmmm. Very delicious man.
Spiritual and fine. Delectable.

MagickBeans

Do him?? YUCK !!! Someone send the man a case of deoderant and tell him that there are women who do NOT like the smell of sweat. The kid is tacky...

J