Paula's Busted Face Makes Photog Cry

5/22/2007 11:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Even though her injuries were barely noticeable, the sight of Paula Abdul's broken face left a paparazzo in tears last night. His love is real!

TMZ spotted the zany "American Idol" judge outside of Bella Cucina last night, and despite a nasty trip over her Chihuahua that supposedly left her with a broken nose, bruised arm and a broken toe, Paula didn't look that bad ... for her.

As she left the restaurant, Simon Cowell's whipping girl noticed one photog with tears streaming down his face. While the sobbing shutterbug blamed the waterworks on allergies, the other paps jokingly outed him as a Paula Abdul fan. Oh, the shame!

Lenn K.

Paula, let be honest you had a few!!!!

Dottie

You all know she didn't fall over her dog. She was high.

Jackson

Tripped over a Chihuahua? Yeah right. She was drunk or high

rachel

At least she still looks better than Stevie Nicks.

DEE RAY

Stop boozin' and pill poppin' and you might not have that problem Paula!!

It was just a matter of time before you fell anyway so don't blame it on the dog!
Get it together honey!

I just wish you would be honest and say that you are on meds for your back problems or whatever it is and it just got outta control and you take a few extra sometimes hince the slurring of speech and unexplainable behavior...it's more believable.

Denise

Don't dance around it Paula, you were drunk (or high) just like you were during that wacky interview a couple of months ago. Suggestion: REHAB!

Dottie

I broke my nose once. I had 2 black eyes and cotton gauze pushed into my nostrils. She looks great, for a pill popping drinking has been.

costaMesaboy

I THINK SHE LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!!! GRAB SOME YOUNG STUD & GET MARRIED, THAT COULD BE WHERE YOUR DRINKING PROBLEM COMES FROM,,,,,

Tired and Ready for A Nap

I like Paula Abdul. I think she is a true asset to American Idol - although, sadly, I think Sanjaya was the show's 'JUMP THE SHARK' moment.

val

seriously...who does that

charlanne

It's very possible that she's "pill popping" but if you have never experienced RSD/RND then don't judge. My granddaughter has RSD/RND and I have a difficult time watching her knowing the daily pain she is in. Oh and by the way, there is no cure, no relief. Yep, Paula acts ditzy at times, people who live in glass houses....................

MOM

Just a stupid excuse to pop some more pills and be a wacko who cares anyway

Victoria

That girl will do anything for a vicodin!

Serge

Why don't you all stop picking on this young lady? SHE'S BEAUTIFUL,TALENTED, RICH and SMARTER AND MORE COMPASSIONATE THAN ANY OF YOU WILL EVER EVEN HOPE TO BE! So she's got problems... LIKE YOU FOOLS DON'T!

Agent Scarn

Being an experienced detective that likes to bust peoples' balls all day long....I have to say that it is not unlikely that she fell over her dog. I must also add that she was most likely incredibly stoned out of her mind.

Matthew a.k.a. Agent Scarn