Sanjaya: Human Art Project

5/22/2007 3:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comIs Sanjaya Malakar really who he says he is ... or is he really an art school student pretending to be an "Idol" wannabe?

TMZ received a hilarious video of Sanjaya explaining that his "real" name is Bill Vendall, and that he is an art student at the Rhode Island School of Design. He "created" Sanjaya as part of his thesis, explaining, "The character was part of a larger art installation." That still doesn't justify the hair!

Sanjaya (or is it Bill?) also declares that you haven't seen the last of him, saying, "I might pop up on your favorite situation comedy. I might run for President. I might show up as you." Oooooooh, scary.

Butterfly

That is funny because Sanjaya is pretty well known in the Seattle area. He went to high school in Shoreline before moving to Federal Way to be with his dad. So, the choir directors, aunts, uncles, other relatives were all part of an elaborate con? I doubt it.

where is the justice

Yuck !!!!!!!!! Those sunglasses!!!!!!!!!!!!

litz

WTF????

HE'S ON DRUGS IN THAT TAPE!!!!!

IF HE SAYS THAT HE'S 25, I'M AN OLD LADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TO REHAB!!!!! AND HAVE A LIFE

hello, it

Just looks like some kids having fun to me. People are such jerks on this site. Anti-gay, and more. Get over it.

Offended

I agree. The racist, homophobic hate speech is offensive. I think the more reputable websites screen that stuff out and ban the users who post it.

quin177@yahoo.com

His real name doesn't matter because everyone else had their own names for him..like lil' bitch, Queenjaya,salad tosser,chicken head, hula bitch,gaylord..the list goes on.

MJ fan

BIG FAT LIAR SANJAYA, THAT IS YOUR NAME AND YOU ARE RELATED TO SOME NAMED VASUDEVA MALAKAR.

YOU WISH YOU WERE BILL WHATEVER HIS NAME IS....

Juniper

OMG, this guy gets creepier and creepier!

John

Good god- I didn't know Booby Trendy had a brother.
Butt brother?

ugggghhhh

That guy/girl always gave me the creeps from day one. A nobody with no talent that thinks he/she is something more than a joke.

WWE does it right.

Wow, you people amaze me sometimes. Sanjaya is just having some fun and knew he would get a rise out of you idiots. Stop taking it so seriously. Relax, you'll live longer.

I'm not mean you're just a sissy

Why is everyone so hateful toward this young man? Whoever he is he is a unique individual who has provided entertainment for us all through his not -so -bad singing and his ability to not take himself so seriously. People have made such nasty remarks but that has not dimmed his beautiful smile. I think it would be hilarious if he is Bill Vendall and if he isn't ...Sanjaya has proven how bright he really is! The video is great.

This site shouldn't allow such hateful, racist and homophobic remarks. Isn't TMZ trying to be the least bit legit ? Harvey I am so disappointed with you.

Monica

his 15 minutes of fame are slowly running out. hes annoying and has no talent so he really doesnt deserve any publicity. people these days are just famous for being stupid no one cares about the talent anymore and its a shame.

whitney

i will have his babies =-)

recovery101Fan

He looks like a young al sharpton with those sun glasses on, also a young james brown. LOL