Elisabeth Blasts Rosie: I'm No Donald Trump!

5/23/2007 1:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The bitchfight between Rosie O'Donnell and Elisabeth Hasselbeck officially went nuclear -- and we mean nuclear -- on this morning's "The View," and it's a miracle, frankly, that fists didn't fly.

As usual, Rosie and Elisabeth started in on one another on the topic of Iraq, but it quickly got personal when Rosie, clearly still miffed that Elisabeth hadn't defended her over the whole soldiers-as-terrorists fracas, demanded to know whether Hasselbeck really thought Rosie felt that U.S. soldiers were terrorists, "as my friend, since September." When Elisabeth didn't give her a yes-or-no answer, the verbal fisticuffs began in earnest. In fact, producers saw fit to go split-screen, just to amp up the volume.

Name-calling ensued, with Rosie calling Elisabeth "cowardly," and Elisabeth spitting back at Ro that she's not "poor little Elisabeth," even smacking down guest co-host Sherri Shepherd's suggestion that she chill for the sake of her unborn child, saying, "The baby's FINE."

Joy Behar -- not at all wisecracking and with not inconsiderable exasperation -- asked, "Who's directing this show?! We need a commercial break! What is this, PBS?"

Madeline

I do not watch the show so I missed it.

Martha

Go Rosie. I cant stand Elizabeth. She is one of the most stupid people on TV. Trying to pretend she is a good Christian when she isnt. Elizabeth should be the one leaving the view not Rosie. No one cares about what Elizabeth says. She is so boring. The only reason she is even on TV is cause of her husband other than that no one will know who the hell that skinny ugly woman is.

suzlee

GET RID OF ELISABETH NOW B4 I BARF!!!!!! A TRANSPARENT, FAKE, SUCK UP, SQUEAKY VOICED, BRAINLESS, FASHION WANNABE, ARTIST WANNABE, BUSH POSTER CHILD, HYPOCRITICAL, UNEDUCATED IDIOT..... WHO COULDN'T HAVE A LOGICAL THOUGHT IF SHE GATHERED UP 2 BRAIN CELLS AND RUBBED THEM TOGETHER.

Allen Patrick

I'll be happy when I never have to see Rosie's face on TV, in magazines or newspapers ever again. She's a no talent, irritating and whining twit.

justsayin

Wow! Nice move Ro. You had meltdown on popular daytime tv show and now do warm-up for 80's pop singer and star in your low rent video blogs. Brilliant!!! You showed 'em alright......showed what an absolute moron you are! Too bad you can't use some of the money you've made buying some 'class'. Now shoo...off to obscurity you go.

colleen marini

I think EH is getting alot of info from her so called quarterback husband I know when I was in my early 20's I got married and hated politics and just voted the way he did, now I am a democrat not republican so maybe that's her problem she has no brain to call her own, one more thing I am a Lutheran and if she is a Christian why does she show so much cleavage when she gets pregnant? Thats not ver Christian like Lizzy and for god sake's baptize Grace already or is your washed up hubby an athiest,,,, Colleen

MLL

Will someone please tell Elisabeth to slow down her babbling? I think she's babbles as fast as she can, sometimes repeating herself, to sound more intelligent than she is. She eggs Rosie on just to get her 15 minutes of fame. I vote to replace her! I stopped watching after a couple of episodes (out of curiousity) without Rosie. LUV YA Rosie!!!

kymomofboys

I just stopped watching the show all together. What a bore it became when R left. As far as E.H. goes, I would just like to ask her how many family members do you have in Iraq? I have 2 and I pray everyday that they come home. I sure think miss E.H. that you are completly untouched by this war and therefore you speak highly of our prez. who cheated to even get into the oval office and has only his daddy's agenda on his mind.

TONY NY

BARBARAS TWO FACE AND ELIZBETH IS TOO. I DON'T WATCH THE VIEW ANYMORE THEY ALL TALK AT ONCE BUT I AM SO GLAD THAT ROSIE'S GONE SHE MAD ME SICK.{WHEN I DID WATCH.} PUT SOME MEN ON THERE WITH SOME SENCE,AND MAYBE I WILL WATCH.

Lee

Personally, I think Rosie is cool. She says what she thinks and isn't afraid of "hurting feelings". She is also, quite a funny lady and often had me laughing while watching her in various shows. Dumb-wit Liz, on the other hand, is exactly that, stupid. She's living in a "Cinderella" world, what's her background any way? She shouldn't be on The View and is probably an embarrassement to Barbara Walters. Without Rosie, The Vew's ratings will slide and slide quickly if they keep dumb-wit Liz on the show. I say, get Rosie back, pay her big bucks, but get her back, to run the show.

sonny

I work in the bizz and know Ro and she is a good person. Dizzy Liz needs to be removed and the buzz from people at ABC is that they want Ro back. U go girl!
S. Evans,CEO
Concert Sound Company
New York City

jbisch

First of all,
Barbara Walters should be more in control of this show .. it is turning into a Jerry Springer type of show which to me and many viewers is extremely ghetto. Shame on you Ms. Walters. Elizabeth is a young opinionated closed minded inexperienced idiot!!! She does not listen to other people's views, she talks through them as if someone would not let her talk when she was growing up. The show to me now is a waste of my time. Get rid of the snotty little kid and maybe you can have a show that will make sense not fights.

JacqueO

Elisabeth handled this whole thing with CLASS!! She is smart & has morales - something Rosie has always lacked. I can't believe ABC would sink to the level of "Rosie"!!! She is an idiot with NO CLASS, she has no respect & she tries to bully everyone. She came to the view & took over, I don't understand why Barbara, Joy & Elisabeth allowed it or ABC to allow this!! It was about ratings, but even if ratings went up - isn't it more important that ABC show dignity & class? Well, I quit watching the View after Rosie came aboard!! She should go back to Florida & raise her children, instead of letting nannies do her work & then she thinks she's the "MOM or "Dad" - She's discusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam

Why would anyone ever and I mean ever want to hear what Rosie has to say on any show. Go away! Please don't put her on TV again ever.

Jimmy

Rosie is a bully. If someone disagrees with her opinion on anything she attacks. She has NO CLASS! She has no integrity. (eg - jumping Tom Sellecks azz about guns when she was shilling for K-mart). She just wants attention. Kinda like Paris Hilton plus 300 pounds of lard.