Elisabeth Blasts Rosie: I'm No Donald Trump!

5/23/2007 1:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The bitchfight between Rosie O'Donnell and Elisabeth Hasselbeck officially went nuclear -- and we mean nuclear -- on this morning's "The View," and it's a miracle, frankly, that fists didn't fly.

As usual, Rosie and Elisabeth started in on one another on the topic of Iraq, but it quickly got personal when Rosie, clearly still miffed that Elisabeth hadn't defended her over the whole soldiers-as-terrorists fracas, demanded to know whether Hasselbeck really thought Rosie felt that U.S. soldiers were terrorists, "as my friend, since September." When Elisabeth didn't give her a yes-or-no answer, the verbal fisticuffs began in earnest. In fact, producers saw fit to go split-screen, just to amp up the volume.

Name-calling ensued, with Rosie calling Elisabeth "cowardly," and Elisabeth spitting back at Ro that she's not "poor little Elisabeth," even smacking down guest co-host Sherri Shepherd's suggestion that she chill for the sake of her unborn child, saying, "The baby's FINE."

Joy Behar -- not at all wisecracking and with not inconsiderable exasperation -- asked, "Who's directing this show?! We need a commercial break! What is this, PBS?"

DixieMelody

As usual, Elisabeth's lack of ability to articulate a cogent debate in a respectful manner shows up in her flailing, breast-beating (literally), maximum volume screeching to get across her carved-in-stone opinion, never able to see any shades of gray. The View needs to replace her with a conservative who comes with some intellect. I hear over and over, "She's young." First, that is no excuse for being rude and secondly, 30 is not THAT young. I'll bet poor hubby is so P-whipped that he is afraid to voice an opinion around iron-fisted Elisabeth. Love or hate Rosie, she knows facts to back up her points; Elisabeth only knows rhetoric gleaned from Rush, O'Reilly, et. al from Fox.

Michelle

Rosie bullys anyone that won't agree with her, or see things her way. She has become such a disgrace. I can't wait until she leaves----I hope she just fades away, and is not allowed to have any more bully pulpits. At first, I thought Donald Trump took it too far with her, but now I feel grateful that someone beat her down. I wish everyone did--maybe, then, she would just shut up.

Nancy

Getting real tired of the Rosie vs Elisabeth Iraq war fights, now almost a daily occurrence. We've heard their views once, twice, twenty times...move on to something else. I'm going to stop watching if everyday is the same Ladies!.

Jody

Why is it Elisabeth's responsibility to defend Rosie? Rosie once again shot off her big mouth & now expects everyone else to do damage control. She does believe that our troops are terrorists, she just doesn't have the guts to say it. Come on Rosie you certainly have a big mouth for everything else. You said it...now own it. She is constantly trash talking Elisabeth & pretends to be her friend but she then TRIES to sucker punch her when the camera is on. Good thing Elisabeth can hold her own. She made Rosie look soooo stupid. I was loving every minute of it. Believe me...I'm not a huge fan of Elsabeth, but I'm so sick & tired of big mouth Rosie acting like she knows everything. Why does she have to lash out a people personally. They can disagree with out having to stoop to name calling. The problem is Rosie always needs to be right & things turn into a fight instead of a intelligent debate because Elisabeth always has to defend herself from Rosie's unnecessary insults. ROSIE YOU MAKE ME SICK & I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO GO BACK UNDER YOUR ROCK.

Your'e Fired!

..................OK Girls, kiss-and-make-up!.........................

bren Keller from Troy, MI

Elizabeth is a twit. Rosie was right - she didn't look Ro in the eyes when she made the statement the other day about the terriorist comment. Interestingly, Elizabeth is the only one that ABC prompts before the show. Perhaps she's not as well read as she pretends to be...

zkelz

way to go elizabeth! watch the loose cannon rosie! she's obviously disturbed, paranoid.

me

Elisabeth is an idiot!

Laura Priest

I sure hope there is some way the terrorists can get Benedict Rosies home address next time they feel the need to kill on American soil.

Nanny 54

Elisabeth needs to grow up. She thinks Bush is the next best thing to breast milk. She chooses to defend a man that wants to keep our troops in a war that they should not be in. Elisabeth's squeaking voice tries to scream over anyone that is talking so that she can have her say about Bush. Elisabeth is the one that needs to leave the show. She is both childish and annoying.

JENNIFER

another day
another fight
the loud mouth strikes again
hitting low & speaking loud
she attacks again
when will she leave?
when will she go
the world grows tired
the world grows bored
rosie, just go away!

There!!! Rosie is not only horrible poet out there!!! For the love of God Rosie, I am so glad you are leaving the show and I am grateful for the peace and quiet we all will get when you finally go!! Good riddence!

Laura Priest

I loved todays show! Way to go E!

Elizabeth

Rosie is the biggest loser,has no class ,and will never amount to anything but a loud mouth.
she cant leave fast enough for me.
Elizabeth kick her ass !!!!!!!!!! GO FOX news
Elizabeth

Melissa

Thank you Elisabeth for letting that TELATUBBY have it!!!!!!!!

hate elisabeth

I hate Elisabeth, she's a little dumb ass! Althought I don't agree with Rosie all the time, I sure wish she would of bitch-slapped Elisabeth today!!!