Elisabeth Blasts Rosie: I'm No Donald Trump!

5/23/2007 1:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The bitchfight between Rosie O'Donnell and Elisabeth Hasselbeck officially went nuclear -- and we mean nuclear -- on this morning's "The View," and it's a miracle, frankly, that fists didn't fly.

As usual, Rosie and Elisabeth started in on one another on the topic of Iraq, but it quickly got personal when Rosie, clearly still miffed that Elisabeth hadn't defended her over the whole soldiers-as-terrorists fracas, demanded to know whether Hasselbeck really thought Rosie felt that U.S. soldiers were terrorists, "as my friend, since September." When Elisabeth didn't give her a yes-or-no answer, the verbal fisticuffs began in earnest. In fact, producers saw fit to go split-screen, just to amp up the volume.

Name-calling ensued, with Rosie calling Elisabeth "cowardly," and Elisabeth spitting back at Ro that she's not "poor little Elisabeth," even smacking down guest co-host Sherri Shepherd's suggestion that she chill for the sake of her unborn child, saying, "The baby's FINE."

Joy Behar -- not at all wisecracking and with not inconsiderable exasperation -- asked, "Who's directing this show?! We need a commercial break! What is this, PBS?"

Heather

Go Rosie, I love you!
EH is not a friend I would like to have and needs to just go ahead and jump over To Fox News. They are the only ones that are stupid enough to have the Survivor Reject on their show.
Rosie, breathe, your outta there soon.
Hang on!

Pat

Why does everyone have to call Rosie fat all the time. Over half the country is fat. Lay off of Rosie. EH is such an idiot. She can't keep her mouth for more than a second. She is the most annoying person ever. Make her go away. Once Rosie leaves the show it is doomed. Whether or not you like her she made the show far from boring.

LongJohn69

It's easy to believe they didn't know what each other was saying. I didn't know what they were saying and neither did anyone else.

shea

Although I am somewhat in the middle when it comes to both these gals, I actually happen to like both for different reasons (if that's possible), but politically I side more with Rosie, although I 'hear' Elizabeth on some of her points of views, particularly those having to do with family, relationships, etc.

However, today, I think Rosie was out of line, although entertaning to watch. She asked Elizabeth a question, and never truely let her finish her answer. I hate that. It reminds me of Bill O'Reilly or the other schmuck, Hannity.

I think it will be difficult for the View to recover once Rosie is gone. Let's see what happens!!

de de

Yea elisabeth. Rosie is so crazy she needs to increase her meds.

Leslie

Rosie=Bully Elizabeth=Baby Elizabeth is a easy target for Rosie.

Susan B

ELIZABETH IS A BITCH!!!! DOESN'T MATTER THOUGH BECAUSE THE SHOW (VIEW) ENDS WHEN ROSIE LEAVES THE VIEW. THE REST OF THE CO HOST ARE INCREDIBLY BORING.

GO ROSIE!!!

kathy

Elizabeth is hormonal and out of line....Rosie is who she is and loved for being herself. Liekit or not. Elizabeth needs to do what Roe did for abit, stay home and be a mommy!!

Tammy

Elisabeth is dumb as a stump, she thinks Bush does no wrong. I'm sick of her defending him everyday. Elisabeth should be the one leaving the show not Rosie.

Greg

Go Rosie. That show is finished once she leaves. Elisabeth is no friend to her. I mean, what kind of person doesn't stand up and disagree when someone says something lousy about them? I hope Rosie gets her own show again. Rock on, Ro!

Tired of Rosie

Why couldn't Jerry Fallwell take Rosie to hell with him????? She is just as bad or worse with her mouth as he was! No tears shed here for either one of them!

Good for Elizabeth to finally stand up to that BITCH!!!!!!!!

CO

Rosie is a bully. The fact she's hasseling Hasselbeck to defend the mamoth RO is a joke. Elizabeth cannot get a word in edge wise with RO's BIG mouth. RO makes her self a target by virtue of her behavior and should learn to defend herself. F**** RO, choke on a twinky BI***

go Ro

I think Rosie's is great. Elizaeth is a heartless, mean, louzy friend!!!!

Chris

Yes, today's show was explosive and will likely boost the The View's ratings, but it was also high time that Elizabeth confront Rosie "head on". Joy may have deliberately insigated this "blow up", out of hers and Elizabeth's frustration at Rosie's bizarre and distorted "views", that she "out-shouted" others to advocate. Everyone is entitled to free speech and their own opinions, but Rosie always tried to diminish Elizabeth's, deeming her "too young" to have informed views. It IS time for Rosie to leave- I think the majority of intelligent , moral Americans will be happy to see that happen.

Missy

I would gladly slap the piss out of Elisabeth for Rosie!