Rosie to Leave

"The View"

5/25/2007 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rosie
ABC has just announced that Rosie O'Donnell will not be back on "The View."

Brian Frons, President of ABC Daytime, issued the following statement:

"We had hoped that Rosie would be with us until the end of her contract three weeks from now, but Rosie has informed us that she would like an early leave. Therefore, we part ways, thank her for her tremendous contribution to 'The View' and wish her well."

Barbara Walters said: "I brought Rosie to the show. Rosie contributed to one of our most exciting and successful years at "The View." I am most appreciative. Our close and affectionate relationship will not change."

For her part, Rosie said: "I'm extremely grateful. It's been an amazing year and I love all three women."

suzanne cavaliere

ONLY MY OPINIONS COUNT!
ONLY MY CHARITIES MATTER!
I AM WRITING A COOKBOOK-TO HELP THE FOOD PANTRIES OF NEW JERSEY
[GOVERNER CORZINE WAS THE FIRST PERSON TO RESPOND-WITH HIS FAVORITE RECIPE]
ROSIE NEVER BOTHERED TO ANS.
MAYBE SHE THOUGHT I WOULD SELL IT -LIKE AN AUTOGRAPH

Michelle

This is a sad day. Rosie was the only reason I watched the View. I applaud her courage for speaking out for what she believes in. I wish there were more strong female voices in the world. She will be missed!

el polacko

they tried to make her go to rehab.. but she said 'no no no'

anonymous

Bye bye and good riddance. Barbara Walters lost all her credibility as a respectable t.v. journalist when she brought Rosie O. aboard. Elizabeth didn't do anything to get fired. Rosie was a time bomb just waiting to happen. Everyone has the right to their opinion, but Rosie always having something to say about everything just got too in your face. That saying, the View itself should be retired from the airwaves. It's an annoying program.

gordoo

AND I HAVE TO ADD..THE REASON ROSIE O'FATSO PICKED ON ELIZABETH IS BECAUSE ELIZABETH REPRESENTS EVERYTHING THAT ROSIE WILL NEVER BE..SHE'S A RESENTFUL, BITTER "BULLY" TO QUOTE DONALD TRUMP. GOOD-BYE JABBA THE ROSIE! BARBERA YOUR CREDIBLITY HAVE BEEN SEVERLY COMPROMISED SINCE YOU LET HER WEIGH THE S.S.VIEW DOWN.

eddie

That should have read "smack you in your tremendous ass on your way out." Sorry my brain was working faster than my fingers.

Mel

I'm taking all my toys and leaving.
Wah Wah Wah

OMG woman please leave the war debate to professionals you weaken the cause not support it.

sharon

A shame....

Could TMZ have picked a worse photo?? It isn't even a current one! Her hair is too short!

max

di9scusting fat sow .... let's hope she goes nowhere but rehab .... what a total waste of space

Stephie_in_Tampa

This is a good thing for Rosie in the long run. Bad thing for Elizabeth. Rosie will survive this just fine and her new book will be a bestseller. Maybe EH can get on the All-Star Survivor show? But, this is the best part - because of Rosie, Americans across the country are questioning this corrupt administration led by Bush and Cheney! A job well done, Rosie! For that, the country should be grateful. I know that I am.

Bridget

Im sorry to see Ro gone, I wont be watching the View any longer. The only reason I watched in the first place was her! I am a Christian and a Republican, and STILL dont agree with Elizabeth. I was a staunch supporter of Bush too at one time. Its time to become educated, we have children dying because of a wrong call. All the others who call Rosie names? Get a life, move on, stop acting like grade school children and calling names. How immature. It goes the same for calling Elizabeth names, GROW UP this isnt 3rd grade.
Bri

cheddar

Rosie made the show great---I hope they win an Emmy this year---it sure wont be because of EH-----

Britney's Lawyer

Rosie will take the summer off and return later this year with another show.

She'll make $40 million a year and you'll still be posting about how much you hate her. She'll pay her poolman more than your house it worth. You'll be stitting at the keyboard with your d**K in your hand venting on a message board...

Jules

Now I will watch The View again. I stopped watching when the show became "Rosie's View Only".

Sick of Rosie

It's about time...I can't understand why she lasted this long with the way she shoves her views and lifestyle down other's throats and then blames them for her outbursts. Rosie is the cause of her downfall, not republicans, not Donald Trump, not Elisabeth, not Kelly Rippa, not straight people, not the mailman.....should I go on?