Britney: "I Was Like a Bad Kid With ADD"

5/29/2007 1:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears took to her website again today to reach out to her fans -- and to take veiled shots at her former manager, Larry Rudolph.
Britney Spears
The post tried to explain some of what has been going on lately with Ms. Spears, including rehab, saying, "Recently, I was sent to a very humbling place called rehab. I truly hit rock bottom. Till this day I don't think that it was alcohol or depression. I was like a bad kid running around with ADD." No argument there.

Spears says in the letter that she doesn't want to "place blame on anyone," but then she does, saying at one point, "I had a manager from a long time ago come in and try to direct me and my life after I got my divorce." She also went on to say, "I feel like some of the people in my life made more of some issues than was necessary. I also feel like they knew I was beginning to use my brain for a change and cut some ties, so they wanted to be in more control of my life than me."

That's all well and good, but can she explain the 15-minute lip-sync mini-tour?

stopthemaddness

I am sick of Brit and I feel sorry for her. She obviously needs some education, life skills, parenting skills. She needs to listen to the people that are telling her the things she doesn't want to hear as they are the ones that will lead her down a better path. Poor little rich girl. She is self destructing.

castra regina

Attention Britney lovers: "The Jerry Springer Show is that-a-way"!

yes the girl IS dumb as a rock

Dear "In the know":

Yes, we can blame her lack of a childhood or having too much too soon or her manager or her user friends or her parents... Until she's 21. She's now 25 - a full-fledged adult, responsible for her own actions, and I don't see a whole lot of improvement.

I agree w/ whoever said her fans have grown up & she's stuck in her teens .. she hasn't learned a blessed thing, and apparently no one will make her because she "has all the answers."

Momof5boyz

Brittney needs to get her life prioritized. You have 2 kids, what about them? Stop all this nonsense and be a mom to your kids, and stop giving the media something to talk about. You have the life others dream about and you choose to booz it away? Somebody please expain to me?

God Help You All

All of the people who write negative things or opinions about any celebrity, who has had legal, personal or private issues, must be PERFECT. It is really sad that you have nothing better to do with your pathetic little lives than bash people you don't even know. But I bet if you looked around your own families and neighborhoods you would see the same issues these celebrities go through, the only difference is their lives are under a microscope and published for all to see. I think the people who are writing especially angry messages on any of these blogs, must need anger management classes... OR maybe you have some deep seeded issues in your lives that maybe you should see a pyshcotherapist for, maybe a little drinking or drug problem of your own... Self righteousness never gets you people anywhere. Kindness, compassion and understanding are the key to a happy and prosperous life. None of us are any better than each other, just different walks of life. We all bleed the same, we all need to be loved and we are all seeking out something in our lives. So before you point fingers or pass judgment on others maybe take a look are yourself and see how wonderful you really are....?

Dave

That's her problem... she thinks SHE IS in charge of her life!

Get over it!!

Then why do you sanctimonious tools even come here? Is it to get you daily dose of self-assurance by ripping someone else apart? PATHETIC....if you hate her so much ignore her, you actually sound a little crazy when some of you list everything in her life she's done wrong or go on 20 paragragh rants.........GET OVER IT....she's here to stay.

I love her and always will, so she made some mistakes...no one's perfect... can't anyone give her some credit for how well she's doing? I'm gonna be postive and focus on that......she hasn't relapsed like the genius Lindsey....plus isn't she the new trainwreck to follow this week?

Relax people we will never meet most of these freak shows anyways....they have no impact on our lives. Oh well gotta love it here.....hipocrites and all!!!

m15

she cannot tear herself from the media and public. if she cares so much about her family, why not take a few years off and raise her two sons?? she's made more money than she'll ever need...why not try something different than prancing around the paparazzi?

tuna marie

she is an attention whore, and she will sooner or later be joining lindsay back in rehab. but i would recommend one other than promises.

she should be thanking larry rudolph her manger not trashing him, he was the real genius in getting this total wreck rich and famous.

yes the girl IS dumb as a rock

Dear "Get Over It": What the hell is a hipocrite?

BL

You dumb bitch you need to choose your words wisely not all kids with ADD are bad.You should not compare yourself to them either kids like that are much better than you.Dont blame anybody for your actions except yourself.Drop out the scene and take care of your kids dumbass....

misslady80mlk

ok i think this bitch went to far this time
shes is a lost cause like the rest of them
but add
i have adhd doesn't mean ur a bad person
shes goinnnn wayyyyyyyyyyyy 2 far
she needs to watch makin fun of others
and just grow up and say look at me i'm a lost cause
she makes her self the victim
and she needs to be a mother to them babies
all this time i thought it was k-fed
now i see it's really her
brit grow up and realize them babies need a mother not a nanny or who ever else you pass um off to so u can go party, whore a round, and fake singing and what ever else you do

Get over it!!

HEY HYPOCRIT....obvioulsy I don't know what a hipocrite is....LOL.....hey didn't I say no one's perfect.....I totally thought that looked wrong and I didn't bother with spell check......GREAT now everyone is gonna laugh at me and make fun of me........ maybe I should go shave my head and attack a SUV with an umbrella. Hey I um learned something today and um that is how to spell.

Get over it!!

VERUL....where? LOL! I love her but that was funny. Hey just because I Iike her DOES NOT mean I act like her or condone her behavior. I actually feel sorry that she has no direction, but I still think she's sweet.

Jen

ADD/ ADHD does NOT make a child bad. It shouldn't surprise me that she would say something as whacked out as that.

I could care less how she was raised, she's an adult now that needs to take the consequences of her actions. She wanted this lifestyle, now she needs to deal with it. If she truly was trying, she'd take a break from show business and concentrate on her well being, along with her children.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments