Britney: "I Was Like a Bad Kid With ADD"

5/29/2007 1:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears took to her website again today to reach out to her fans -- and to take veiled shots at her former manager, Larry Rudolph.
Britney Spears
The post tried to explain some of what has been going on lately with Ms. Spears, including rehab, saying, "Recently, I was sent to a very humbling place called rehab. I truly hit rock bottom. Till this day I don't think that it was alcohol or depression. I was like a bad kid running around with ADD." No argument there.

Spears says in the letter that she doesn't want to "place blame on anyone," but then she does, saying at one point, "I had a manager from a long time ago come in and try to direct me and my life after I got my divorce." She also went on to say, "I feel like some of the people in my life made more of some issues than was necessary. I also feel like they knew I was beginning to use my brain for a change and cut some ties, so they wanted to be in more control of my life than me."

That's all well and good, but can she explain the 15-minute lip-sync mini-tour?

Chris

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, BS. Don't make fun of those challenged with mental issues, when you obviously have a truckload of them yourself. How ignorant can you get? Take your classless backwoods self and face the facts - the kids that once thought you were great grew up and now know better than to have respect for someone who is a rebellious, deluded has-been who obviously needs someone to dress her, speak for her and do everything else for her. Your publicists deserve medals and sainthood to boot. Because you are clueless and beyond help. Your rebelliousness has shot your career down in flames, big-time.

MissNYC

OK I can't stand the girl, mainly because I have no respect for her as a mother or a person. She should give her career a rest, move out of Cali, and spend as much time with her kids as she can, then in a few years, perhaps a comeback could be a realistic possibility. Having said that, I am 26, and am from NYC. I still go out all the time to the best clubs in the city as do my friends. I have a great job, and I don't do any drugs, although I will go out for drinks. I think it's totally normal for a girl this age to do so. She's not 35, she's 25. The problem with this society is that we see people like Lindsay Lohan going out at 19 and 20, so by the time they get to be 25, they're old and must have a problem. We forget they are actually legal and allowed to be out. So what. She has joint custody of her kids, so if they're not home, she should go out and have a good time. I don't condone doing drugs however, so that was likely a seperate issue, but the reality is that A LOT of people dabble from time to time, myself excluded, but I know what goes on. There is a difference between someone having fun every now and then and someone having an addiction problem where his or her life revolves around doing drugs, and I know plenty of people like that too. Take it from a street wise New Yorker, she's a loser, but not an addict.

tuna marie

i don't get why people want this wreck to spend time with her kids, they are better off with this pile of dirt as far from them as possible.

Miss

I would like to defend people whom actually have ADD. I am 23 years old and I have ADD. It is a learning disorder. Britney Spears should not have quoted "I Was Like a Bad Kid With ADD!" If you are going to make a comment please be politically correct. You cannot stereotype people with ADD as being bad. She needs to tell the truth and get help for whatever she is going through. She shouldn't compare it to ADD, even if she was just saying what was on her mind. There are people out there whom are embarrassed that they have ADD and they try very hard everyday to get things done. Then there comes a point where these people need to not be embarrassed of who they are and to tell others about their ADD- teachers and co-workers. If the public keeps looking at ADD as being " bad," then people are going to feel embarrassed. The media and Hollywood needs to stop and think about what they say and who might be listening.

Kristi

I think Brit's letter was very nice. I don't think she placed blame on anyone, but instead put her life into perspective for us that aren't there to see it or her side rather. There will always be stories bad and good, and it's up to the true fans to figure out what they think. "I" believe her and coming from my own family issues, give her much props for taking control over herself, life and career. Definitely not a girl anymore, but she is definitely a WOMAN!!!

Not doing it right

You are one screwed up person and I feel sorry for your children. Girl, you don't have as much talent as you think ...wanna prove it? get on stage fully clothed and stand there and sing without doing all that bumping and grinding and then see how many fans you have. It's not your voice that got you this far it's because you've sold yourself as many other young stars have done. I honestly believe you just lost yourself on this rollercoaster ride that we call life. Go home to your family and take care of yourself.

BippityBobbityBoo

Ugh. "I was like a bad kid running around with ADD." I have ADD and so does my daughter. I am a 28 year old female, not much older than her. I don't ever recall my ADD making me run around like a damn fool, showing my crotch to everyone, getting drunk at night leaving my kids at home, or anything like what she has done.

Like a uneducated buffoon that only knows what is fed to her, she didn't look up what ADD meant before she goes and compares herself to a child with ADD.

ADD children are some of the brightest kids. Ugh, she needs to educate herself.

sara

does she even know what ADD is?!?!?!?

SGA

"Was" like a kid with ADD? More like "Is" like a kid with ADD, no disrespect to them.

wasup

I love you Britney. I went through some serious mental stuff after my divorce when my son was a baby and 11 years later, after being a better than average parent (if I do say so myself)and devoting my life to raising my son(and working full time),people still judge me for that temporary lapse...and I'm not even famous. I don't spend time with people that knew me then but I guess when you're a celebrity, it's hard to avoid the gossip. Homework time, gotta run! Peace Britney.

wasup

oh, one more thing, to the ADD "victim"...I bet you don't have a job and have your kid on meds right??...maybe even have medi-cal paying for them? Just a guess - go ahead and judge her parenting though.

Your'e Fired!

.............The Skank didn't write a word of this crap...............................

uh oh

Completely agree with #48. Brit Brit is showing her ignorance again. We all know the only reason she posted this BS is because the news has been on Rosie and Lohan. Brit can't stand not being the center of attention. Take some time off Brit and go do some laundry. You are a disgrace and certainly NOT newsworthy. Maybe we will be interested again when you do something like, Oh I don't know, take responsiblity for your own damn irresponsible actions???????

Jinxy Cat

Kinda hard to take her letter seriously
when she's topless on her website....

somebody

Now if you told me one of her sons comprised this letter I might be so inclined to believe but seriously now....Brittney?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments