Miss USA Eats It in Mexico

5/29/2007 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comMiss USA Rachel Smith took a butt-tacular spill last night in Mexico City at the Miss Universe competition, and if you haven't seen it yet, you won't quite believe the arse-shaking thud!

What's just as amazing as the actual fall is how quickly Miss Smith gets back up and into perma-smile mode, despite the jeers and titters of the crowd.

Miss Japan won the competition, in case you were wondering.

TD

I think that the Mexican people attending the show Boo'ed her becuse in spite of her Butt breaking fall she still made into the top 5. that seemed unfair to me.. In any other competition anyone that falls would never be eligible for the top 5 spots. I am not condoning the audiences behavior, however it was not done because she was American. if that were the case they would have Boo'ed her in the begining.. everything isn't POLITICAL Folks

Dee

I totally agree that Miss USA responded to the incident with dignity and class while the mostly mexican audience responded with pathetic ignorance! I guess it takes a special kind of people to praise and cultivate drug smugglers and law breakers and yet demonize an innocent girl trying to make something of herself.

However, I must say that Miss USA missed a prime opportunity to turn that negative into a positive. When pageant judge Tony Romo asked her the question...if you could go back to any moment in time, which moment would it be? Instead of ONCE AGAIN name dropping about Oprah Winfrey and her trip to Africa, she should have said..."If I could go back to any moment in time, I would go back to right before I walked out for the evening gown competition." That would have been classic and I think she would have gotten wild applause...and maybe even placed higher!

Miss USA may have fallen but in true American spirit got back up with class.

THAT MEXICAN CROWD WAS HORRIBLE!!!!!! We came back home after Memorial Day festivities honoring our fallen soldiers and watched this young lady (who is very gracious and well spoken by the way) get booed, heckled, jeered and yelled at by thousands in that Mexican audience. The camera panned out and everyone was giving her the finger. OF COURSE that would mess with your mind and skrew you up a bit in 4 inch stilletos while 30,000 are booing you in Mexico City. It all boils down to JEALOUSY plain and simple, but truly the Mexicans showed their true colors and it was *ugly* Makes you think twice about wasting your hard earned cash in such a hateful nation. miss USA deserved to win showing her grace under pressure!

lorac

The reason she got the BOOING is because she should NOT have made the top 5 - after she fell. YOU FALL in that kind of pagent YOU are done. (Poise is part of it). I think the Judges were included in the BOOing. That was and still is my take on the whole thing. I was SHOCKED she made it into the top 5. At that moment when she fell I saw her in 10th place. What were the judges judging the Dresses...if so Miss Japan should not be at the top either.
The booing I'm sure had NOTHING to do with POLITICS people. Some people just can't let go of politics!! SHE FELL and should have FALLEN to the bottom of the top 10...SIMPLE.

Gina Christopher

She showed remarkable composure when she got up. Shamr on that backward a--- country Mexico. They should be glad any one wants to bring "legal" revenue into the country. Why would Trump even want to be in that drug infested country?

MBeck

I would rather have a Miss USA lacking in physical grace (and please, like none of you have ever fallen! Even the Queen of the UK!) and have one who has grace of character.

The people of Mexico, along with all the rest of you clowns who are so thrilled to see her fall, are lacking in grace of character. You don't have it--you never will!

billybob

Sally Brown

Am I the only one who thinks perhaps there is a bit of rigging going on with the Miss Universe pagent? With Donald Trump owning the Miss USA and Miss Universe organizations, does anyone remember a year when Miss USA doesn't make it into the finals? It seems to be a foregone conclusion that she will, along with the entry from the host country to get the audience fired up! If the evening gown portion of the show is supposed to show poise, etc. Miss USA should never have advanced to the final five. And that, I think, is why the predominately Mexican audience was booing. Their Miss Mexico was eliminated and Miss USA advanced under pretty "fishy" circumstances, if you ask me.

Fred Flintstoned

She can fall on my anytime!!!!!

TJ

36. Yeah, those disgusting Mexicans boo Mis USA, but they all break the law and do whatever they can to get to the USA. Then they drool all over the Miss USA's trying to get a free ticket to be a resident. What crap...they are all crap.

Posted at 10:53AM on May 29th 2007 by Mexico stinks
************************************************************************
*********************************************************************
The Miss Universe pageant is owned by Donald Trump's organization and half of the audience laughing were friends and associates of his company as well as hundreds of family members and friends of the pageant contestants who were from many different countries including many, many laughing Americans in the audience. Why are you blaming the Mexicans for booing and laughing when over half the audience were non-Mexicans?
Is it that you just want to vent your hatred for Mexicans or anyone else who are not American? Your remarks are just plain ignorant. You people are just uneducated and worse than the illegal immigrants you so despise. If you ever actually go to Mexico City you will find it to be a beautiful, historic city filled with elegant, cultured and very educated people...something you will never be. Go back to your trailer parks and pick up a book and educate yourself or you will spend your lives flipping burgers at your local greasy spoon.

Rosiemoveout

I am so shocked that the Mexicans booed the woman from the U.S. A. I thought all Mexicans loved this country. That they want to move here and live the life of an American! Isn't that what all the illegal aliens say?? This gives me more reason to support building the great wall of USA! Keep these ungrateful Mexicans out. Their country would be in disarray if it weren't for the USA and the tourists. This second class country can't even produce clean water for cripes sakes. Dirty and unsanitary is pretty much Mexico. Not to mention the gov't is corrupt and could care less about their own people. The only people in Mexico that have money are the gov't and drug dealers. Makes sense they are the ignorant one's. The Mexicans who work hard and get paid nothing are the Mexicans that I respect and would welcome into this country any day. Miss USA showed class and dignity standing up there and answering that question. To me she is a great role model of what is to be an American. In my heart, she is a winner.

TJ

54. Rachel, you are beautiful and a classy lady,you did us proud!Just goes to show how grateful mexicans are to the U.S.,DAMN idiot Bush,I would kick all illegals out!And these stupid politicians talk about it is such a complicated issue, too bad a fool like me is smarter than they are,just require all employers to start witholding ssomething like a flat 40% of their wages right off the top and send to Washington so they can distribute it to hospitals,schools,etc to pay for some of these services they have been getting for free.Its what they do for us whether we want to or not!No more free ride and us having to pay triple to make up the difference!And one more thing,DONT GIVE THEM CITIZENSHIP EITHER!If our governement would just take that one step I promise you lots of them would be going back voluntarily!How much simpler could this plan be!!!!!!Make em pay while they are here, give them NO benefits and lots of them would go back.Bush has put millions and millions of Americans out of work and SHOULD be tried for treason.He is supposed to be elected to represent AMERICANS, not everyone BUT Americans!!!!!!!

Posted at 12:03PM on May 29th 2007 by billybob

AND I SUPPOSE YOU ARE AN AMERICAN INDIAN? IF NOT...WHERE DID YOUR FAMILY ORIGINATE FROM? THE USA IS A NATION OF IMMIGRANTS. AMERICANS ARE ORIGINALLY FROM ENGLAND, IRELAND, ITALY, GREECE, FRANCE, SPAIN AND ALL OTHER COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD. THEY HAVE ALL CONTRIBUTED TO THE CREATION OF WHAT THIS COUNTRY STANDS FOR. MOST OF THE CRIME IN THIS COUNTRY IS NOT CAUSED BY ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS BUT BY AMERICAN CITIZENS WHO WERE BORN AND RAISED IN THIS COUNTRY...SO DON'T GO BLAMING "FOREIGNERS" FOR EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY. START BLAMING YOUR PRESIDENT FOR HIS FAILED POLICIES AND FOR KIILLING INNOCENT SOLDIERS. AGAIN I SAY...UNLESS YOU ARE A NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN YOUR FAMILY WERE JUST AS FOREIGN TO THIS COUNTRY AS EVERYONE ELSE SO DON'T THINK BECAUSE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE NOW HERE FOR GENERATIONS YOU SHOULD SHUT OTHERS OUT. EVERYONE DESERVES A CHANCE FOR A FREE LIFE...SAME AS YOUR RELATIVES. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF ALL THE IGNORANT PEOPLE ON THIS SITE AND NEVER REALIZED HOW PATHETIC, IGNORANT AND CHILDISH MOST OF YOU ARE!! I WOULD SUGGEST YOU STAY OFF THE INTERNET AND GO GET A COLLEGE EDUCATION SO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE WORLD AND CAN MAKE A CONTRIBUTION INSTEAD OF SPEWING YOUR BIGOTRY AND HATRED.

jenromo57

The reason USA was booed, is because I'm sure the people in the audience felt someone else should have been in her spot after her fall-I thought it was hilarious...the one and only reason to watch these stupid pageants!

TLD

Seriously it had to have been terrible for Miss USA, but she handled it with grace and sophistication. everyone should be very honored to say she is from our country because of that. and the mexican crowd booing her, that was what the disgrace was, not Miss USA falling. But she handled herself very well and I seriously dont think Donald Trump would decrown her just because of a fall, that would be stupid.

baby girl

i post on here all the time. My opinion is all that counts. If you disagree with me I will call you ignorant and uneducated. I am also very easy to piss off.