Miss USA Eats It in Mexico

5/29/2007 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comMiss USA Rachel Smith took a butt-tacular spill last night in Mexico City at the Miss Universe competition, and if you haven't seen it yet, you won't quite believe the arse-shaking thud!

What's just as amazing as the actual fall is how quickly Miss Smith gets back up and into perma-smile mode, despite the jeers and titters of the crowd.

Miss Japan won the competition, in case you were wondering.

arted

Sad about the fall!
Sad about the response of the Mexicans!
Sad about the bigotted response of people!
Sad about the ignorance of both Mexicans and Americana!

dax

How disgusting some of you are, to relish in the shame of a 19-year-old! And who are the Mexicans to make political statements over immigration, the way the treat the Central Americans who enter Mexico.

anju

I find it odd that the Mexicans would boo Miss America, yet they are crying like babies to enter the US, use up all its founds and go through any means to get across our borders. Such jealous little pigs. And the contestants should be required to learn English!!!

JSF

Wow. There are a lot of racist mean derogatory comments here. All because, Mexico gave the US a little piece of their minds. I agree that it was cruel and in bad taste, but damn the US is always quick with speaking their mind now that it came back at you it seems to be a little hard to swallow. LMAO!!!!! About this whole situation.

JSF

LawyerBarbie

@NO TO AMNISTY, I think you mean "amnesty" not "amnisty" ,"country" not "counrty" and "diseased" not "deseased".......I would argue that American standards are lowered when we forsake good grammar in favor of over capitalization and bigotry.....moron.

Brenda

COMMENT WAS TO # 85 ASS HOLE !

JSF

As I mentioned PAUL. It was done in bad taste as I previously stated. The booing was strictly and obviously political. Of course Puerto Rico has nothing to say, because that country is benefiting from USA resources as well as currently under the jurisdiction of the US. I would also like to point out that NO, illegal immigrants are not able to benefit from public assistance it is only offered/ available to US residence/citizens. I would advise you to read up on the requirements for eligibility.

LawyerBarbie Thank you pointing out the ignorance of that foul mouth “No to Amnesty, Join the Minute Men!”, kinda make me wonder just how intelligent are these minute men.

pptx

With that hard butt of hers, she bounced right back up. But when she was asked the final question something about reliving a moment in the past, she should've said "Well I don't want to relive what happened about 20 minutes ago!" then go off about that stupid crap about the Oprah Winfrey leadership academy...

Carolyn

She tripped and fell down, have you ever did that! Would you like to be the one laughted at for tripping? Yet, on t.v. so everyone to see. I feel sorry for her, that she had to be made fun of. I am sure there is not a person out there who has never fell. I bet it would of been really funny if she twisted her ankle.

Posted at 7:04PM on May 29th 2007 by Carolyn

Paul Kline

89. Yes, they're behavior is political retribution. It however is not tolerable. To be directed at the very country that they escape to for a better life? Common Mexico. Show a little class. At least respect towards a young women who was there just like your Miss Mexico. Face the facts. They were more upset that Miss USA made Top 5 fall and all, and Miss Mexico did not!

on second thought

how is she american? wouldnt an american be maybe blond hair blue eyes? she looks more like a mexi! and as far as her falln, i think she did it nicely, didnt even flinch! i bet she went in the back and cried the entire time!

janedoe

I agree with 75. Probably some jealous person hiding behind a computer. I come from a mixed race background, and my entire family is beautiful on both sides. When we get together as a family, every nationality is at the table. I have Japanese cousins, Latino cousins, White cousins, Indian cousins, Italian cousins , I myself am Swedish, African American and Indian. And we represent what good things can happen when folks see beyond race.

How Stupid Can Some People BE?

Some people here are acting so childishly over something so childish. Booing. Not nice but BIG FREAKING DEAL! You pick this little thing to bring your racism out, how convenient racists asses.

Also, not every Mexican is a wannabe immigrant. But those that do: Steal parts of Mexico and make it the US and you get karma back, yeah the wave of immigrants. Deal with it.

Karin Richards

Who cares - when even the experts cannot pick the same 15 finalists - it is personal preference. These women are not natural beauties - all are enhanced in some way so what is the point of it all. Give me a natural real woman anyday - I see nothing attractive in these false, plastic, unnatural women with permanent false smiles (and teeth).