Army to Dr. Laura's Son -- Did You Really Write That?!

5/31/2007 11:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that the US Army is investigating whether the son of holier-than-thou talk show host Dr. Laura created an unbelievably graphic and offensive MySpace page including scenes of rape, torture and child molestation.

A MySpace page allegedly created by and containing a trove of photos of what appeared to be Deryk Schlessinger, Dr. Laura's 21-year-old son who is serving as a Specialist with the 82nd Airborne Division in Afghanistan with the US Army, was pulled from the popular file-sharing site last week, as the Salt Lake Tribune first reported. We're told by an Army rep that it contained cartoon depictions of rape, murder, torture and child molestation, not to mention photos of soldiers with guns in their mouths -- among other scenes, and a picture of a blindfolded prisoner with the caption "My Sweet Little Habib." Lt. Col. Robert Tallman of the Army called the MySpace page "disturbing."

What's more, one blog entry on the site read, in part, "I LOVE MY JOB, it takes everything reckless and deviant and heathenistic and just overall bad about me and hyper focuses these traits into my job of running around this horrid place doing nasty things to people that deserve it ... and some that don't."

Lt. Col.Tallman tells TMZ that the Schlessinger investigation is "ongoing" and that Deryk is still on active duty. Deryk didn't respond to a request for comment by the Tribune, and Dr. Laura's rep suggested that the MySpace page could be a fake.

stan

I hate to say this but innocenet tell proven guilty

yoda

With the exception of depictions of children, I don't see a problem with what he had on his MySpace page.

elizabitch

Calm Down...I get it now.
Laura is no different then a fizzy soft drink, a fictional character, and a cheesburger....makes sense.

Lucyliu

Anyone could have set this up, just as other supposed MySpace pages have been faked.

Lori

I use listen to Dr. Laura and I do think she brings common sense to the table at times. I know she also cheated on her husband before her transformation or epiphany or whatever. As my Mother use to say, " the preachers daughter is always the worse one." I find it odd that anyone would make this up, but if it is true he needs help. Very badly.

baby girl

USA she actually does have Ph.D. in Physiology from Columbia University. Now try to control yourself and behave. Play nice.

Anonymous

#23, and #26, She actually IS a Dr. Get your facts straight, dumbasses!

Her doctorate is in Human Physiology. It may not be in Psychology, but it damn well is a Ph.D. So I implore you, get your facts straight, dumbasses!

Startmakingsense

Yikes!
Didn;t he used to have a giant snake or something? I always felt sorry for him. I like Dr Laura- but I sure wouldn't want her for my mom.
Now go do the right thing....

Larry wanna a cracker?

Anybody that didn't predict this kid would turn into an evil prick is terribly naive. The first clue should have been his failure to do anything worthwhile but join the military.
His hoochie mama masquerading as our national moralist is once again exposed. I hear she's tripping big time over this, hope it's true.

Alec has no brains

It could very well be a fake. People assume fake identities (particularly of famous people) frequently because they're sick or evil.
If he did it, he needs some serious therapy, and not with his Mom.

SP

Why is everyone getting down on Dr. Laura? (The "Dr." is how she introduces herself, regardless of having a degree or not.) Just because someone makes a clearly terrible choice does not mean that necessarily reflects on their parents. As most parents know (certainly parents of teenagers), we raise them, try to instill in them good values, teach them the difference between right and wrong, and guide them through their childhoods, hoping that the consequences we place on poor behavior will encourage them to be good, law-abiding, caring, loving, productive, well-adjusted adults. At some point, though, every parent has to let go, and bottom line is every adult (starting as a teen, when they begin to drive) has the ability to think and act and make their own decisions, right or wrong. We are talking about an adult here, and you can be guranteed he will be treated as an adult, and very likely will be discharged from the military if it was found that he did indeed write these things.

And, for the record, I don't know of a family that is not "dysfunctional" in some way or other.

I know bad parents who produce bad children, bad parents who produce good children (though this is rare), good parents who produce good children, and, yes, even good parents who produce bad children. It partly parenting, but also part freedom of personal choice.

studly

wow, well just think when this mentally deranged person comes back home to america with all the horrors he and all his buddies have done over there in iraq in their minds

Startmakingsense

Sheri?
Are you really Dr, Laura?

Erika

Brought a smile to my face #26!!

xyz

Well Dr. Laura, pay backs are a bitch! You have had such an attitude for years, passing such more judgement on everyone. Looks like you might have settled for a little less cash and publicity and been a better MOTHER. The apple NEVER EVER falls to far from the tree. I have no doubt that you have screwd this on up. My 21 year old son is a Junior in college. Why is your son not in college? Dumb ass bought into the Georgie Bushwacker theory. Yeah let your son go and fight this crazy war. It all makes sense now. I always knew you were a fake. You should be ashamed of yourself for the way you parented your own son. Who looks bad now bitch?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments