Army to Dr. Laura's Son -- Did You Really Write That?!

5/31/2007 11:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that the US Army is investigating whether the son of holier-than-thou talk show host Dr. Laura created an unbelievably graphic and offensive MySpace page including scenes of rape, torture and child molestation.

A MySpace page allegedly created by and containing a trove of photos of what appeared to be Deryk Schlessinger, Dr. Laura's 21-year-old son who is serving as a Specialist with the 82nd Airborne Division in Afghanistan with the US Army, was pulled from the popular file-sharing site last week, as the Salt Lake Tribune first reported. We're told by an Army rep that it contained cartoon depictions of rape, murder, torture and child molestation, not to mention photos of soldiers with guns in their mouths -- among other scenes, and a picture of a blindfolded prisoner with the caption "My Sweet Little Habib." Lt. Col. Robert Tallman of the Army called the MySpace page "disturbing."

What's more, one blog entry on the site read, in part, "I LOVE MY JOB, it takes everything reckless and deviant and heathenistic and just overall bad about me and hyper focuses these traits into my job of running around this horrid place doing nasty things to people that deserve it ... and some that don't."

Lt. Col.Tallman tells TMZ that the Schlessinger investigation is "ongoing" and that Deryk is still on active duty. Deryk didn't respond to a request for comment by the Tribune, and Dr. Laura's rep suggested that the MySpace page could be a fake.

fingerpainting

If he did it he deserves to be dishonorably discharged. This shows a complete lack of professionalism and quite frankly a lack of humanity. If he didn't do it, I hope they get who did and throw their asses in jail (if possible).....really, what a horrible thing to do to someone and their career.
And to all those who are so quick to believe this because they hate his mother..........if this were Chelsea Clinton would you be so quick to believe? Don't judge someone by their parents, for either good or ill, its not fair to them.

Terry

I find The good doctor dangerous with her advise and I personnly dislike her subservient advise to woman, most of her other stuff is just common sense for idiots yawn. I don't understand why her PR person would not just come out and say NO it was not his my space page. hum...sick twisted little freak who ever is responsible.The Doc's son may be comin home a little early.

Alec has no brains

Please don't denigrate soldiers. It is an honorable career and people will damn well look to them if they need protection. It's very arrogant and elitist to look down on a soldier.

elizabitch

Hey america, con you prove it? or are you just a liar, like she is?
now, go away, little troll.

SP

No, I'm not Dr. Laura, just a single parent of 3 hoping and praying every day that my children won't make some horrible mistake that will change their lives despite good parenting.

And, no, I do not listen to Dr. Laura -- although my dad does and I listen to his praises of her as I roll my eyes and wonder why it is that people call her radio show when they know they're going to make fools of themselves. As I understand it, she certainly is not big on praise - more cut-downs and hurtful remarks, though sometimes probably the callers deserve it.

Oh good one you are so tied-down and so miserable

34 by America

If she has a degree (PhD) in physiology,

WHAT THE HECK IS SHE GIVING PSYCHOLOGICAL ADVISE FOR?

Her credentials are not for the line of work she has involved herself in????

Alec has no brains

Don't worry Tamara--it's obvious which posts are yours. If you ignore the fake, (s)he'll get bored.

DR.FUNK

Dr.Laura is annoying...but her son is AN ADULT.An adult who happens to be in the middle of a WAR.This is no referendum on her.This is'nt "cosmic justice".It sounds like a soldier is VENTING.Sure,the military p.r. machine has to scramble into damage control mode to soothe sensibilities...but as long as he has'nt committed any war crimes...he probably just gets a reprimand.

SP

Tamara - you know you can get this person's URL from the TMZ webmaster and press charges for slander and defamation of character for their remarks, right? I'd encourage you to contact the webmaster through the CONTACT button at the bottom of this page, and request that this person's URL be blocked from posting on TMZ indefinitely, and have the webmaster send out a warning e-mail to this person stating that further attempts to post messages on their part will result in TMZ providing you with their URL so that you may explore pressing charges.

tinkerbell

To all the people with irrelevant comment....please go somewhere else.

SP

Difference being that you are misrepresenting yourself as another person with the sole purpose of slander and defamation, and you continue to do this despite being advised that what you are doing is illegal, and you can be prosecuted and, at the very least, your URL be blocked from posting on this web site. This is the exact reason why TMZ requires a URL for postings. On the other hand, post away. Each time you post is another charge against you in a Court of Law, and shows more clearly your intent.

baby girl

#56 how the hell should I know?? I never got a chance to ask nor do I care. Btw, USA.... it's can not con but then again I guess that's your "American education" that you speak so highly about. Loser.

Hippo

Doesn't anyone find it odd that "Dr." Laura insisted that her son be given HER last name, rather than her husband's? Also, none of them are Jewish, but SHE decides she wants to convert, and forces her husband and son to do the same. One day, years ago, she was bragging on the radio that her son couldn't find anything Kosher to eat in the cafeteria at lunch, and skipped eating altogether. She was "proud" of him.

Way to go, Laura.

DEB

Dr. Laura's son is a grown man making his own choices and Laura should not and cannot be accountable for his behaviors. She has helped millions of people, and unfortunately, on occasion, she is under the microscope. Hope it's not her son, but whatever.

Tangie

Never cared for her-but she really has a problem now, don't she? Maybe it's a joke, but I don't like the part about doing horrid things-even to people who don't deserve it. These boys get this mentallity, over there. Plus her as a mom probly didn't help.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments