Army to Dr. Laura's Son -- Did You Really Write That?!

5/31/2007 11:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that the US Army is investigating whether the son of holier-than-thou talk show host Dr. Laura created an unbelievably graphic and offensive MySpace page including scenes of rape, torture and child molestation.

A MySpace page allegedly created by and containing a trove of photos of what appeared to be Deryk Schlessinger, Dr. Laura's 21-year-old son who is serving as a Specialist with the 82nd Airborne Division in Afghanistan with the US Army, was pulled from the popular file-sharing site last week, as the Salt Lake Tribune first reported. We're told by an Army rep that it contained cartoon depictions of rape, murder, torture and child molestation, not to mention photos of soldiers with guns in their mouths -- among other scenes, and a picture of a blindfolded prisoner with the caption "My Sweet Little Habib." Lt. Col. Robert Tallman of the Army called the MySpace page "disturbing."

What's more, one blog entry on the site read, in part, "I LOVE MY JOB, it takes everything reckless and deviant and heathenistic and just overall bad about me and hyper focuses these traits into my job of running around this horrid place doing nasty things to people that deserve it ... and some that don't."

Lt. Col.Tallman tells TMZ that the Schlessinger investigation is "ongoing" and that Deryk is still on active duty. Deryk didn't respond to a request for comment by the Tribune, and Dr. Laura's rep suggested that the MySpace page could be a fake.

Davidude

Don't really care about his site or what it said...but the pic of him shirtless is HOT as hell !!! I'd do him in a minute. Woops sorry Dr(

fyi

Deryk shouldn't be allowed to handle weapons. Not too hard to figure out why if you Google him. I tried to post a link to a shocking Deryk image but obviously TMZ feels it's too graphic.

I hope the military boots him out or, at minimum, gives him a desk job. The guy is obviously unfit for combat duty.

btw, interesting: This story isn't exactly new. Wondering why TMZ is just getting it up. Afraid of lawsuits?

jen

Figures that right wing hate mongering holier-than-thou witch would raise a mentally disturbed son. Laura, maybe you should have focused more on raising your kid and less on telling others how to raise theirs! IDIOT!-/'

legal

I am a white, conservative woman with moral values and... I cannot stand Dr. Laura. She should not give any advise that fits all. It's not a piece of clothes it's someone's life at stake. The circustances sometimes dictate to be flexible and tolerant especially giving advice to families. 80% of family therapists fail when they try to "help" married couples and their children and most of those couples end in divorce. I tried many times to listen to her show and sometimes she comes up with some good ideas, but most of the time she tries to impose the life style that unfortunately is not possible to live by many people. Both mothers and fathers work today and lead a productive lives and at the end of the day they come home and take care of their children and there is always plenty of things to discuss at dinner table. So they teach their kids from the very early age that maintaining society productive lives and being a good parent is quite a possible and honorable thing to do. And the family should be an extended one that involves grandparents so that our kids learn to take care of the elder. The fact that Dr. Laura was not in touch with her mother for many years made me nauseated. Her son is probably her pure image. How sad, not a good example for our troops.

SP

Tamara - Congrats! You did it, girl!

More on topic, I hope this young man gets some much needed help from a therapist other than his mother. I hate to think what might happen if this "cry for help" is not attended to pronto.

Oh

Well,, Well, well.....This couldn't happen to a better person imo. Dr.Laura is a self rightious bigot who is extremely rude to her callers. Sits upon her throne as if she is THE expert on family trials and tribulations. Looks good on her!!!

Cyclizen

It appears that "Parenting by Proxy" (one of her book titles) is worked out pretty well for Dr. Laura.

I don't get what all the fuss is about. Deryk is just behaving exactly the way Republican Values extoll.

In fact, he's a perfect poster child for the party. He ought to be a platform speaker in 2008 at their next convention. He could do a little PowerPoint presentation with his illustrations.

SP

Sarah - couldn't have said it better myself. Why would anyone who has heard her show be stupid enough to call in? She gives advise in a very cruel, abusive manner IMO.

zed

This is much too wacky to be true. Its much easier to believe that one of the twisted people that hates Dr. Laura posted this and credited her son. Also, I don't get the "Deryk" spelling at all. Does it have somethig to do with Dybbycks?

crct07

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO SICK OF THESE SPOILED AZZZZZ "WHITE BOYS" GETTING OFF WITH STUFF!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DAY ALL OF THEIR STUPID, SNEAKY, SELF-CENTERED, NON-COMMOM SENSE AZZZZEZZ GET WHATS COMING TO THEM!! BECAUSE FOR SOME REASON THAT RACE SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED THAT "NOTHING CAN HAPPEN TO ME BECAUSE I'M WHITE" DISEASE!!! OHHHHH, BUT JUST HOLD ON.........CAUSE PAYBACK IS COMINGGGGGG....AND YOU CAN BET YOUR PARENTS "HOUSES, CARS AND VACATION HOMES" ON THAT!!!!

STOP BEING SOOOOOOOO STUPID AND THINKKKKKKKKKKKK BEFORE YOU "SPEAK OR REACT"!!!!! I KNOW IT'S HARD, BUT IT CAN BE DONE!!!!!!

SP

crct07 - And they say white people are racist! Seems to me crimes are comitted by messed up people of every race - even yours. Society and parenting are to blame - not race.

Roblin

Well, In think it's interesting that most news reports and blogs don't have this part of the original story
"The Deryk Schlessinger page included nearly a dozen "friends," including a number of soldiers in Afghanistan, several of whom were linked back to Schlessinger's page and some of whom had additional photos of, and comments from, Schlessinger on their sites."
If that's some imposter they did an amazing job!
The original article can be read here:

I guess in most cases we shouldn't hold up the parent to what the child is doing, but in "Dr" Laura's case it seems appropriate, since she has built a career on telling other people how to raise her kids. The proof of her advice is in the pudding!

I really enjoyed how her publicity team let on the page may have been put up by "terrorists". It seems hugely telling that no one from the Schlessinger side of things has actually denied the page is his.

Elle

What I don't get is why People make their page "public" everyone I know including me has their page set to "private" and we aren't even famous! So advice to the "famous" ones hit the "Private" button and then your info and thoughts won't be plastered all over websites. But on this case, its sick and twisted and hopefully it is a "fake" page, but you can't "fake" the pictures! (well I guess you can) but obvioulsy these are real pics...It always happens this way...Little picture perfect families and Parents and their children are pretty messed up. Hopefully she can "advise" him better from now on...

Butterfly

Soldiers are asked to go off and kill in foreign lands, then turn off that killing instinct. I had a professor who was in the Korean War who marveled at the fact that the government asked him to kill then plopped him back into society, figuring he would be fine, able to turn off the instinct. Why should this war be any different?

godhelpus

What a piece of trash this guy is............. he should be discharged dishonorably from the army........... the apple does not fall far from the tree.............I feel sorry for him....... all the hatred he has in him has probably come from his trashy mom!! She claims to be holier than thou but she is just a piece of crap!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments