Bragman to Paula: I'm Not a Yo-Yo

5/31/2007 2:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Howard Bragman, Paula AbdulTMZ has learned that it was Paula Abdul who told her publicist not to show up to a taping of "The Jimmy Kimmel Show."

An audiotape obtained by Page Six reportedly has a sobbing Paula claiming uber-publicist Howard Bragman was a no-show at the May 15 taping. TMZ is told that's so not true. We've learned that Bragman was on the way to the Kimmel studio when Paula's assistant called and told him that she didn't WANT him to come to the taping. Bragman said OK, and followed instructions. 45 minutes to an hour later, Paula's assistant called Howard, asking where he was! Howard essentially told the assistant -- uh, hello? You just called me and said she didn't want me there. The assistant responded "Well, you know how Paula is." Howard said, "Yes I do, and I'm not a yo-yo and I'm not a puppet." And that was that.

TMZ contacted Howard Bragman, who would not comment on our story. All he said was, "I'll stand by my reputation if she'll stand by hers." A rep for Paula did not immediately return our call for comment.

UPDATE: Perez Hilton has obtained a copy of the tape and you can clearly hear a sobbing Paula on the tape.

monica

What is it going to take for this woman to get some help? I hope this doesn't end in another tragedy like Anna Nicole Smith. This woman is showing VERY SIMILAR signs, and no one is doing anything about it. I feel sorry for her!

Elle

I don't know how anyone could work for her...Well I guess if your drunk all day you could fit in just right with her! What has happened to her anyay?! I saw on QVC channel surfing and she was a mess on there! I thought "Wow they are going to talk about this one"! and I love how she says its just "confusing" with the monitors and all! right! your a pill popping drunk paula! you PPP!

costaMesaboy

PAULA,,,,,YOU NEED A MAN !!BABY GIRL,,,,,,,that is reason 4 your DRINKING!!!!

MOM

Damn TMZ please make her go away thats way i do not watch american idol

Bebe

Her behavior is typical for a Rx drug abuser - especially pain meds. Mood swings, euphoria one minute, bursting into tears the next, slurring, drowsiness, sobbing. I've seen it. I don't think she's a drunk, I think she's a druggie. She needs help, or she WILL end up like ANS. Who are the docs giving her these drugs?

Mechelle

You are all so ignorant!

She has 4 titatinum rods in her body. My friend has the same thing. The pain is unbearable. you have to take several pain medications just to get thru the day. It is a horrible way to live. Their conversations can also be slurred because of it.
I am so sick of people calling her a drunk ect... when she is clearly in alot of pain. Knowing what this feels like I really applaud her for being able to show up for work and keep her job.
YOU GO PAULA! WE LOVE YOU!

PerezSux

Howard's a cool guy, Paula is a pathetic no-talent whose 15 minutes of fame should have ended years ago. Not all of us watch AI. Ryan, Simon, Paula and Randy are the most obnoxious foursome on television. The snore-some foursome!

anonymous

FOX NEWS HAS IDENTIFIED THE TB CARRIER AS ANDREW SPEAKER OF ATLANTA GEORGIA. A PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER WHO GRADUATED FROM THE US NAVAL ACADEMY AND THE UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA. SPEAKER'S FATHER IN LAW WORKS FOR THE CDC.

Traci

Give Paula a break - she's human and obviously in a lot of pain. ((((((hugs))))))

Marie Jane

reg

To each their own opinion of Paula, but this is total BS. I have a major problem when a private conversation, which was most likely illegally recorded OR illegally released is pasted all over for everyone. There is a limit to how far I think invasion of privacy should go.

Missy

Has Paula been taking All of her medicine lately? She is starting to creep us out.............

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

Paula doesnt deserve this DISRESPECT

INVASION OF PRIVACY

justice for daniel

Ahh poor Paula. She is really such a sweetheart, not a mean bone in her body.

The spinal and neck pain along with the Addisons disease must be horrible for her. I think she needs our prayers not cruelty. She deserves respect for trying to keep her life going with all that is going on with her health.

I had a family member with Addisons, it is a killer diesease if you don't take the meds everyday as prescribed, or you will die. My family member died from it even with taking the meds.

Have you ever heard of Paula getting in trouble like all the others.......Paris. Lindsey, Richie, etc. No, she has always been a true lady, she can't help control her emotions with the meds she NEEDS to take.

God Bless you Paula, have loved you since your # 1 hit called Straight Up. Wish I could help you or at least be a good friend you could confide in with strict confidence. You are a lady, always have been and always will be.

Damn these people who take the private lives of people and spread so much gossip and cruelty of people all for the all mighty buck.

Amy Silverman

OUR SOLDIERS ARE DYING FOR THIS TRASH????