Reese and Jake Spotted Together ... Kinda

5/31/2007 11:41 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Last November, a photo of Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal on the set of their movie sparked romance rumors that are still alive and kicking. Since then, this is the closest we've come to actually seeing them together. Talk about on the down low!

The pair were spotted meeting at a friend's house before driving off separately, with Reese following Jake back to her place. Meanwhile, we seem to spot Jake with BFF Austin Nichols all the time. You'd think the subterfuge would be the other way around.

Carol

Is this the best TMZ can come up with? A photo of two cars? I personally don't think they are a couple I think they are friends. Reese was on E and she said she is single. Jake knows Reese through Ryan and I think they are just friends that's it. How long is this lie going to continue? This "story" is getting so old.

Carol

Guys, I'm gonna shed some light on this if I can. Look at the second vehicle, the SUV. That is not Reese's car. I'd bet anything on it. Know how I know? Look at the license plate....notice that there isn't one? I'm not saying the first car is not Jake or whatever celebrity but I work in the entertainment industry and paparazzi are known for removing the license plate off the back of their SUV's. Why? Because paparazzi are unethical and usually go to extremes to obtain photographs so they remove their license plates so that no one can identify them. Why would a mother of two be driving around town with no license plate. Think about it... Imagine you're a celebrity and a paparazzi scales a wall to get nude pics of you or worse. You see him, chase him and say to yourself that if you don't catch him, you can at least memorize his license plate to either call the police or track him down yourself and beat the tar out of him. Paparazzi got hip to this several years ago and now remove their back license plate only. Why do you think that celebrities don't file restraining orders on them anymore? Paparazzi are too plentiful and hard to identify now. Nice try TMZ. I'm glad to see that most of the TMZ posters are smart enough to know that this story is crap and don't believe everything they are fed in the tabloids. Reese and Jake are NOT DATING! Let's move on shall we.

Alan

I vote for Jake and Austin they are "hot"

Hal

Yeah that was really some "relationship". They appeared dining together with other friends a couple of times in public restaurants. Really intimate. LOL.

Hal

Why would anyone ever think they had any future together? She is five years older than he and already has two kids. He'd be awfully dumb to want to get inserted into all that. I don't think there was ever anything to this beyond some publicity for their movie. If she thought he'd be interested she has only her own foolishness to blame. She's a "widow" lady or divorcee if you wish with two kids, not very saleable on the marriage market.

Trish

THANKS TO TMZ FOR MINIMAL BECKHAM COVERAGE.
GO HOME BECKS!

THANKS TO TMZ FOR MINIMAL BECKHAM COVERAGE.
GO HOME BECKS!

THANKS TO TMZ FOR MINIMAL BECKHAM COVERAGE.
GO HOME BECKS!
GO HOME BECKS!
GO HOME BECKS!

GO HOME BECKS!

Abe

I think we all need to move on with our lives, and leave these two couples live theirs. I think these stories about them dating is BULLS#*T. I don't think Reese being a southern girl and all would be going around dating already, when the ink on her divorce papers not dry yet. She has alot more pride and respect for her self image.

GoGoGadjet

It's funny isn't it, how two supposed unmarked cars with drivers we can't even see turn into two celebrities following one another home, when there is actually no evidence they are driving, even there, or went to one another's homes.

It is all power of suggestion.

And I don't think there's much of a story here except to float some publicity for this Rendition movie so that teen fans can try catch a clip of their "awesome chemistry". I really dislike these cynical ploys to link co-stars, it happens too much. But it's sad they seem to be playing along with it.

There real stories are rarely these hot co-star romances.

Mike B

I guess if you are a Star you don't even have to have a license plate?

They get away with everything while we have to click it or ticket.

Karen

TMZ, you only spotted Austin with Jake that time a month ago on the set of Austin's series and later at a restaurant. The other shot you recently posted of Austin with Jake, they were with friends and at a bookstore--and you guys didn't even TAKE those photos.

So I don't understand your line about seeing Jake with Austin all the time; unless, you have seen them at other times since the restaurant sighting and didn't bother to post it.

hesbored

Does anyone believe that Jake and Reese are a couple? I never subscribed to the Jake is gay gossip but his bff would make a cute bf.

JT

My opinion is that they are a couple. Even though they have been spotted only a few times in the last few months, they still have been spotted. She is in the middle of divorce proceedings right now with her soon-to-be-ex, and with the custody of two children involved. Laying low is probably a smart move by Reese and Jake for the time being. I suspect we'll be seeing more of them once her divorce is finalized...

Catnip

Funny Post! Guess Jake and Reese are distracting some people from Jake and Austin. My money is on the boys.

ray

Leave them alone already. I don't think they are going out but they may be friends and friends can hang out together. Their relationship is their business, not yours. Jake a talented actor and a good guy, plus totally sexy. And, come on, you could have used better pictures of Jake/Reese.

johnnie

as far as Reese after the way she did Elizabeth on the view, I'll never waste my money or time going to her movies, come on Jake do better.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments