Shirley MacLaine to Lohan: Get Better, Make My Movie!!

5/31/2007 11:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oscar winner Shirley MacLaine, along with another producer of Lindsay Lohan's upcoming film "Poor Things," has just released a statement claiming that they are more than willing to work around Lohan's rehab schedule in order to get the movie done:
Maclaine & Lohan
In the spirit of helping Lindsay Lohan and her rehabilitation, we have been asked by Lindsay to comply with her wishes to continue working on "Poor Things." We are trying to rearrange the shooting schedule to facilitate her working at the end of the shoot to coincide with the completion of her rehabilitation. We wish her love and the blending of mind, body and spirit.

Shirley MacLaine
Rob Hickman
Producers

Ed

I couldnt agree more.with #2. Eveyone keep kissing this spoiled idiots butt no matter what she does. THis makes me sick. The better way to do this is to let lohan find out she is losing jobs, money and everything else and find out people areant putting up with her, THen when she is at the bottom she may wake up.Sure an addict needs help. But the best way to help is to let the iodiot fall flat on her ass. Its called tough love.

#1-you are an idiot...shirley dosent need lindsay lohan or anyone else for that matter...she is hollywood royalty and a professional 110%...her career has spaned at least 30 years and some little nobody like you is going to alledge that now,after all these years that she is a publicity whore...paleeeze...she is too good for that kind of comparrison and deserves alittle more respect than that.so you know nothing moron...i applaud her compassion for lindsay, however, i think it a big,big mistake to trust her...or to trust any of the young hollywood celebs of today. for the most part they are way over-rated,over-indulgent and over-exposed...but then again, you never know...just once it would be nice to see or hear about one of these 20-something celebs doing something charitable and living a clean life style that lends for a positive role model...only in the movies!

Ra

How noble of Shirley.
I am going to follow her example.

Lindsay, I am offering you an endorsement opportunity
with my website http://surfpick.com
and I will hold that position for you,
until you are completely healed.

Yay for me! I'm helping someone!

tinkerbell

These people need to stop giving this b*tch work until she can PROVE that she is stable. She's not that good of an actress that you absolutely HAVE to have her. She has been acting like nothing but a spoiled child. She needs to grow up and hopefully get the help she needs.

busybee

GET A DIFFERENT ACTRESS!!!!

Virginia

I honestly thought Shirley Mcclaine would have a little more common sense and backbone that to cater to Lohans stupidlty. Boy was I wrong. THe best thing that ever happened to this girl is when the director of Georgia Rules told her to straighten her unreliable, irresponsible butt up or she would be fired. That is what she needs. As a family member of an alcoholic, the tough love approach IS what works. The way people are coddling this moron is assinine.

JLR

It doesn't matter, because I've decided not to spend my money on any of their movies, CDs, music, perfumes, or clothing lines. I don't support thier behavior and certainly don't support our justice system who allow them to break the law and use rehab as a shelter of a joke. Apparently, there are 2 sets of rules in America. Outta here.

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

"12. Of course everyone wants Lindsey in their movie. The publicity is worth millions.

Posted at 10:42AM on May 31st 2007 by bigmodern"

----------------

Um, yeah; 'Georgia Rule' was such a blockbuster ... I heard people stayed away in droves --

big fat, bald white guy who loves everyone except Paris

Last night her father said she is addicted to oxycotine. Oxycotine addition is bad news. The withdraws from an oxycotine detox often entails a morphine drip. Basically, oxycotine is the highest grade heroin known to mankind, albeit it is syntetic . My advice to her CLEAN UP OR YOU WILL DIE.

sam

I love Shirley MacLaine but please, what was she thinking??? Wonder if she'd be singing a different tune if Lindsey had been driving one of Shirley's grandchildren around in her car? Why don't these stupid girls get a driver, they can certainly afford one!?!

Anonymous

WOULD everyone PLEASE stop picking on this beautiful girl?? She is too pretty to have this be happening to her. Beautiful people don't deserve to be treated like this.

;)

wouldn't even bring 3 cans of food to the theater for their annual cans food day when you watch the movie in exchange for canned goods to see anything that had the name lindsay lohan in the credits.

I wish she was a great actress, but that's just not the case.

baby

if LiLo stars in your film shirley it will flop, so save the red carpet premiere and just slap it on DVD...

JLR

Our justice system will allow this 20-year old misfit walk, while right now they are investigating the clubs she attends. It seems easier to slap a fine on the clubs or close them down instead of serving up justice on her a** and her mindless mother.

Beat Down Brown is Going Down

Looks like Lindsay is becoming the 21st century version of Robert Downey Jr. Only time will tell if she is as talented. I think Lindsay has talent. But even more important, I think Lindsay has had a horrible time growing up AND trying to "raise" her two parents. She hasn't had any guidance at all and she has been totally exploited by them. Her whole family has used her and lives off her. Very sad. Think about it. All the stuff we've been reading for all this long time and she hasn't even turned 21 yet. I always thought Shirley MacClaine was cool. I am glad people like her and Jane Fonda are willing to be supportive of Lindsay in their own way. Even Meryl Streep tried to help her when they made Prairie Home Companion. Once she is 21 next month, Lindsay can legally ditch her parents and try getting closer to women like these who don't need to use her, but will be helpful and supportive. Did anyone here see "In Her Shoes" ? I highly reccommend it!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments