Process Server to Opri - It's Dangerous Chewing Her Ass

6/1/2007 10:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Debra OpriTMZ has learned Debra Opri got a visit tonight from a famous P.I., who served her with Larry Birkhead's lawsuit filed Friday.

Birkhead hired attorney Michael Trope to sue Opri, alleging she defrauded him by taking hundreds of thousands of dollars he earned and diverted them into her client trust fund account.

John Nazarian, the famous P.I., went to Opri's Santa Monica home tonight and handed her the lawsuit. We're told Opri's reaction: "I have insurance to cover this,"

Opri then told Nazarian, she wanted to know who the hell was Michael Trope. Nazarian put it this way, "I wouldn't want him chewing on my ass."

THese sternies are mean people who have no feelings

Hey Deb ! Don't you think Larry has gone through enough hell , (HOWARDHELLSTERN)

for one person for a lifetime ? Isn't it your JOB to protect people from people like you are

turning out to be.?

Did you make a deal with Coward ?

imjustsaying

I'm sorry LB is the father of DL. He is the last person Anna would want to raise DL. He makes it sound like they had this great love affair. He got her pg twice, knowing she was ill. He had no intention of marrying her...only wanted her baby. He would NEVER have succeeded in getting DL had Anna lived. There were reasons she didn't want Larry in her life, and it's becoming clear. He is not a man, but a boy who thinks he can free load off everyone he comes in contact with. Time he realized nothing in life is free. He seems incapable of thinking and doing for himself, and whats best for DL. He has Stern in his corner, and I think they planned it all from the beginning. I knew something was up when Larry was helping him in the care of DL. Now they are all against Opri, but she is not dumb. She will get whats due her, minus the excesses, as well she should. IMO

SuperStarSteve

She lives in Santa Monica??!!!!! I'm gonna head over there, walk on her front porch and knock on her screen door and that bitch better answer or I'll just walk in on her. I don't care if she's washing dishes or darning some socks, I'm gonna let her have a piece of my mind! I plan on wearing my finest overall's to leave a lasting impression once I tell her off. I've had it with this one. I'll pour my beer over her head if she gets mouthy. Knowing her, she'll probably be rummaging around in her shed 'round back up to something no good. It's time to take a stand with this area bitch.

Jon's a grwon man...he did this to himself!

First off, ANYONE can file a lawsuit. We do not know if this even holds water. Second, there is another side to this story and I'm sure it will be interesting as it plays out.

I read a pamphet for California attorneys on trust accounts. At first it looked like this case was straight forward until I realized that so far it seems to be a "he said, she said" situation. As for who fired whom, technically speaking, I think Opri wins. It wil be interesting if there are witnesses to these conversations. As for putting money into the account, there seemed to be a clause which required the money to pass through a trust account, as it may have been part of the media agreement (media agreement, which was an attachment, is not on the site).

As for the conversion, we have no idea when and how Larry asked for this money, as his assertions are not specific. Did he give the impression he was satisfied with the $200,000 draw? Did he ask for the money subsequent to the firing? Was it after he didn't pay his bill? There is a possibility that the money was frozen just based on his billing dispute.

I think we have to wait before we decide if any theft occurred. Her representative has claimed that Opri advanced thousands of HER OWN MONEY on behalf of this case on her website. While Conversion (look it up) has a low legal threshhold, it is possible Larry is just full of hot air and can't prove a thing. While I doubt Opri has touched any of the money in the trust account, since it is easy to violate this law (there is not real defense for not returning things when asked by the client, it seems), I figure that is why she has insurance against this very thing.

I read in early articles that Opri had arranged for the Bahamian lawyer and that the Bahamian lawyer was under her direction. In fact, I also read that the Bahamian lawyer had also asked Larry to cease and desist talking to the other side without permission. That is client 101. Once you retain an attorney, it is a violation to talk to the other side. So maybe Opri can sue Larry for breach of contract! Then we'll have a sue fest!!!

I also reread an article in which Opri stated that Larry and she had tried to settle this quietly at first but Stern and Anna refused and wanted it in court.

So if Larry was so unhappy with Opri, why did he keep showing up to interviews, etc., with her.

I don't know but I have a feeling that Larry has made a mistake opening this can of worms. Attorney-client privilege has boundaries but certain actions can lift those boundaries.

Maybe the hearing will be scheduled for June 8th. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants!

Jon's a grwon man...he did this to himself!

Read pages 13 and 14 of this filing. Larry signed up for binding arbitration covering ALL aspects of this case. I'm interested to see if Larry's suit gets thrown into manditory arbitration.

just me

Law requires lawyers to establish trust accounts for the purpose of safeguarding, with the consent of the client, client funds that come into the lawyer's possession in connection with the representation. The lawyer here was representing Birkhead in a paternity and custody dispute and, unless the trust account consent contract Birkhead signed specifically authorizes diversion of Larry's earned income into that trust account, I expect Opri will, at the very least, have to answer to the state bar association on charges of misconduct and fiduciary fraud in taking control of funds not unauthorized by the client and misconduct for charging exorbitant fees and overbilling. Worse than that, she could face criminal charges on conspiracy to commit theft by misrepresenting consent to get control of funds not unauthorized by Birkhead and grand larceny by refusing to surrender Birkhead's earned income. As for the here and now, all of the publicity this is attracting is going to wreck Opri's ability to attract new clients.

christine

I think that anna wanted larry and howard to get along. he just wanted his little baby so bad that he would do anything to get her. even if that ment getting close to howard. he was tired of all that bs. besides, thats larry's busisness.people should stop trashing him.like it or not howard was anna's friend.i am sure debra opri will get paid one way or another but thats for them to workout not the larry haters,the howard haters and the virgie haters.my god people, get a life. move on

gettheboysawayfromher

no 8 i couldnt agree with you more
if she took his money and put in a clients account, whose account was that?
i cant stand her, she should be disbarred

Jon's a grwon man...he did this to himself!

Yeah, Bodo, but we don't have all the facts yet. We only have what Larry is claiming happened. Since we haven't been given a link to the media agreement, there may be a clause stating any funds receieved have to be run through the trust account before dispursement.

I also heard one reporter, can't remember who, say that Opri had reasonable explanations for just a few items discussed and felt that Opri would be able to justify most of her bill based on the ones discussed. Remember, this all started in September 2006 and Opri would not have had the foresight to know that she would have to spend weeks in Florida.I believe that showcasing Larry in Florida is what won the case for him, ultimately. He got the public support there.

Anyway, read all of the filings as this is not as simple as it seems. I maintain it will be subject to binding arbitration, base on the contract Larry signed and appears to have violated by talking to Stern behind his counsel's back. A big "NO! NO!.

Alec has no brains

She's in deep. She can't keep his money without his permission. She was supposed to give him the money and then send a normal bill. She has some trouble ahead. She's a greedy SOB.

Terry

Bunch of dam ignorant fools cant even fix your own lives while sitting on your butts playing Lawyer, detective, judge, jury and the big man himself in some cases..

thessaloniki

oh my God, what a whore! tmz if you have any other news of this bitch PLEASE DON'T SHOW US HER PICTURE.
I think she is as greedy as that snake Virgie Arthur.
tmz i'm waiting news of Danniellyn.
keep on the good work you guys.we love you.

bianca

Idiots, she put the money in the client services account. That is what lawyers do. She did not put it in a personal account; and re the dannilyn fund, not one person has come on here and said they sent money to her for any fund, and if they said they did, they would have to prove it. That is Stern and Rale and Larry trying to make a woman look bad, because she made Stern and Rale look like imbeciles during much of this saga; of course this upset LB, he would have preferred if she was nicer to them. KEEP YOUR CHIN UP DEBRA! Greedy ass LB, you have become as despicable as $tern; if Debra's career is over, you are going down too!

Nutz

Do what you have to do Larry..................you still have much support!

bianca

By the way, why does Larry and his F*g**t friends keep feeding thing to TMZ? I hope everything turns round and bite them. He fed the bill to TMZ and everything else; now the process server calls up TMZ and gives them a "blow by blow" account of the meeting with OPRI ? This is stranger than fiction. THey are really out to get this woman, who so strongly and valiantly defended the asshole LB